News: Dez Bryant confirms desire to play in 2021 NFL season

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I want to know about another grown man's... desires.

So inscrutable. I don't pretend to understand, but maybe I don't want to.
(Yes, I ended that with a preposition, but I figure that, in the CZ, nobody will notice.)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why not? Kids don't get to control the education they receive.. My parents grew up in the back woods of Mississippi and went to your basic two room shack schoolhouse until they dropped out in 9th and 10 grade. Their education was horrible.. Both were really intelligent people.. who spoke like backwoods country folk for most of their lives .. because that's what they were comfortable with. In another setting I have no doubt that either of them could have gone to college and done quite well there.. My mom, R.I.P., worked as a waitress and cook in restaurants when I was growing up and eventually worked her way up to manager of a Red Lobster in Orlando. It was one of the busiest and most successful in the chain.. in the world.. The management of that chain saw her progression and work ethic and put her through management training and taught her the business side of the business and she did really well at it.. Oh the dinners she brought home for us those days.. We ate like kings during those years!! But I digress.. The point was, my mom was brilliant.. but uneducated.. She tried to lose the country folk manner of speaking for a while but eventually got comfortable with the fact that this was who she was and anybody that didn't like it or thought less of her because they didn't like the way she talked could kiss where the sun don't shine! She COULD speak "The Queen's English" but basically decided she couldn't be bothered.. If it bothered you.. that was your problem.. I agree with her..

They truly intelligent would learn to speak correctly to suit the occasion, venue or social milieu. No one asks for the Queen's English. Just a way that is understandable to most and passable as English. Even the English can tell who is harbor Liverpool, gutter Manchester or Buckingham Palace correct.
For an educated person to be unable to switch gears according to the venue is neither educated nor adaptable, signaling a willingness to be looked upon as stuck in a linguistic rut.
Dez, like many college "educated" athletes, speaks like a street urchin who is happy to be labeled as country, ghetto or urban subculture.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why not? Kids don't get to control the education they receive.. My parents grew up in the back woods of Mississippi and went to your basic two room shack schoolhouse until they dropped out in 9th and 10 grade. Their education was horrible.. Both were really intelligent people.. who spoke like backwoods country folk for most of their lives .. because that's what they were comfortable with. In another setting I have no doubt that either of them could have gone to college and done quite well there.. My mom, R.I.P., worked as a waitress and cook in restaurants when I was growing up and eventually worked her way up to manager of a Red Lobster in Orlando. It was one of the busiest and most successful in the chain.. in the world.. The management of that chain saw her progression and work ethic and put her through management training and taught her the business side of the business and she did really well at it.. Oh the dinners she brought home for us those days.. We ate like kings during those years!! But I digress.. The point was, my mom was brilliant.. but uneducated.. She tried to lose the country folk manner of speaking for a while but eventually got comfortable with the fact that this was who she was and anybody that didn't like it or thought less of her because they didn't like the way she talked could kiss where the sun don't shine! She COULD speak "The Queen's English" but basically decided she couldn't be bothered.. If it bothered you.. that was your problem.. I agree with her..

They truly intelligent would learn to speak correctly to suit the occasion, venue or social milieu. No one asks for the Queen's English. Just a way that is understandable to most and passable as English. Even the English can tell who is harbor Liverpool, gutter Manchester or Buckingham Palace correct.
For an educated person to be unable to switch gears according to the venue is neither educated nor adaptable, signaling a willingness to be looked upon as stuck in a linguistic rut.
Dez, like many college "educated" athletes, speaks like a street urchin who is happy to be labeled as country, ghetto or urban subculture.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
:laugh:
Sure, Dez chap, the Boys are so weak at WR that they might call you.:lmao:

But Desperate has a contingency plan: He also wants the Cards to call him.
Take a drink every time Desperate says "dope" in his statement about the Cards:

"I think that would be dope being next to my boy D Hop [Deandre Hopkins], Christian Kirk, Kyler Murray," Bryant told TMZ. "I think they have a dope offense. I feel like they got a dope defense. I think they got a dope coach ... If I had to choose, yeah, if that opportunity presented itself, I think I would take it.":omg:

https://247sports.com/Article/Dez-Bryant-plans-2021-NFL-season-free-agency-165354312/
I think Dez forgot about AJ Green. They have there big endzone target. Good try for a job.

I don't know why Dallas...Oh I mean Arlington Jonesboys fans have such hate on Dez Bryant. Dez was not welcomed by Arlington Jonesboys fans because he cared more about the Cowboys winning than being in the Dallas Cowboy Country Club. He help the Cowboys with his Cowboys record 73 TDs a record that stood for +30 years held by Dallas Cowboys Bullet Bob Hayes a ROH and HOF player.

4 games, 6 receptions, and 2 TDs in the last quarter of a pandemic season may get him another opportunity in 2021. Saints would be a good opportunity as they have only Michael Thomas with that size ability and Dez scored 2 more TDs that Michael Thomas in 2020.

Dez earned and played up to his number 88.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I just know that if I wasn't taught by my parents, I would find people that could help me or teach myself. Sounds like that is what you did. Something to be proud of. Sounds like your parents were very loving and worked hard. That cornerstones of raising children.

SSoup

Reaction score
73 TDS.

ran routes good enough for Romo.
Citing things he used to do but can't do anymore is dumb.

You're basically a little kid in the mid '90s annoyed that Christopher Reeve isn't still making Superman movies because you really liked the ones he made before and you don't see why he shouldn't just keep doing them. With no concept of the fact that he just can't physically do the things he used to do anymore. And not much willingness to acknowledge those movies got bad by the end even if you ignore his present physical shape.

Bryant was great when he was younger. But by the end of his time here, he just couldn't separate. He's only gotten older and more injured since then.

In his big comeback season last year, he averaged 7 yards a catch. That's, like, what you expect from a blocking tight end. A couple goalline catches, and maybe one moderately long catch of 16 yards to pad his average a little bit. (This is a guy who averaged 14 yards per catch in his time here, and now he's relying on fluke 16-yarders to bump his average up to 7. Yikes.)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

You're basically a little kid in the mid '90s annoyed that Christopher Reeve isn't still making Superman movies because you really liked the ones he made before and you don't see why he shouldn't just keep doing them. With no concept of the fact that he just can't physically do the things he used to do anymore. And not much willingness to acknowledge those movies got bad by the end even if you ignore his present physical shape.

Bryant was great when he was younger. But by the end of his time here, he just couldn't separate. He's only gotten older and more injured since then.

In his big comeback season last year, he averaged 7 yards a catch. That's, like, what you expect from a blocking tight end. A couple goalline catches, and maybe one moderately long catch of 16 yards to pad his average a little bit. (This is a guy who averaged 14 yards per catch in his time here, and now he's relying on fluke 16-yarders to bump his average up to 7. Yikes.)
His 16 yarder wasn't even a moderately long catch. It was a short throw and most was YAC in a hurry up offense. He then immediately had a false start to back the team up 5 yards.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score

How odd, then, that you think that affecting the speaking style of an English Dandy is best suited to discussing football on a Cowboys forum.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
13aakl.gif

Last year I thought some veteran depth at WR made sense. Also thought Dez might have something left, and had high upside relative to his minimal cost.

This year I'm not a believer in either. If anything, we're overstocked at WR, should have cashed out Gallup for picks, and we're especially to overstocked with slower WRs. Signing Dez makes no sense for us.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How odd, then, that you think that affecting the speaking style of an English Dandy is best suited to discussing football on a Cowboys forum.

How odd, old boy, that you lose sleep over this.
Green tea and crackers will calm you down, Roy.:)

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Last year I thought some veteran depth at WR made sense. Also thought Dez might have something left, and had high upside relative to his minimal cost.

This year I'm not a believer in either. If anything, we're overstocked at WR, should have cashed out Gallup for picks, and we're especially to overstocked with slower WRs. Signing Dez makes no sense for us.

I don't think Dez had "high upside" last year...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Unfortunately he plays the most over populated position in the NFL.........and he doesn't play special teams

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

He played in just six games last year and was not a featured receiver. Had he caught just 3 passes for 75 yards you’d be heeeehawing about why folks shouldn’t make a big deal of it due to short sample size.

I don’t use the word “hater” on the forum a lot but I’ve never seen nor understood the Dez haters on this forum. It’s perplexing.