Dez Bryant could be Hershel Walker-lite

jrumann59

Reaction score
Uh unless their is Jerry Jones clone out their running a team not going to happen. Dallas would be extremely lucky to get two 1sts, and more like maybe a 1st and 3rd

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In what universe would Hershel Walker walk around a mall with a friend who had some baggy pants on, have a dispute with a landlord over a cleaning deposit, and miss a schedules MRI? Dez Bryant's name does not belong in the same sentence with Hershel Walker.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You been going off about Dez 3 days in a row, just shut up

Oh... ok. I'll take your recommendation under consideration.

Anyways....

Make it a Joey Galloway type deal (2 1sts) and I'd think about it.

*edit*

You know what...I didn't see the 2 1sts in your post.

Yes I'd do that trade, lol. Who wouldn't?

I would too.

I think anybody on this roster should be considered tradable. ANYBODY.

Granted, the price for guys like Romo, Zeke, Dak, and definitely Dez, could be prohibitive, but they should be considered tradable, nonetheless.

ANYBODY. YES.

What team would do that?!?!?

As long as you have coaches like Chip and Rex. There's a chance. Two first rounders anyway...or a first and a second.

The former more than the latter coach I mentioned.... unless the latter does it before he gets forced before mid season.

haleyrules

Reaction score
In what universe would Hershel Walker walk around a mall with a friend who had some baggy pants on, have a dispute with a landlord over a cleaning deposit, and miss a schedules MRI? Dez Bryant's name does not belong in the same sentence with Hershel Walker.
Amen. Walker was an athlete that just about everybody looked up to. He was odd though...In interviews he would speak about himself as if he was another person.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amen. Walker was an athlete that just about everybody looked up to. He was odd though...In interviews he would speak about himself as if he was another person.

Not sure if this is an observation, or a joke about his multiple personality disorder.
:):(:mad:o_O

haleyrules

Reaction score
Not sure if this is an observation, or a joke about his multiple personality disorder.
:):(:mad:o_O
Well l din't know he was suffering from any illness. During interviews, for example, when asked a question he would often reply " Herchel Walker will
Run between the tackles tonight" He would not say I or me...it was often Herchel Walker this or Herchel Walker that. It was just a little odd. There is a name for this type of narrative??

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Yeah, he actually has multiple personality disorder (or dissociative identity disorder as I guess it's called now):

http://www.startribune.com/herschel...-from-multiple-personality-disorder/16686526/

Either way, he's a really interesting cat, both physically and mentally. He's been through a lot and overcome a lot.

It also reminds me of Ricky Williams with his social anxiety disorder where he'd put a helmet back on during interviews even when he wasn't wearing his other pads. Pretty funny on the surface, though when you understand the reasons why, I guess it's not too cool to laugh about it.

2qcmkjc.png

Verdict

Reaction score
In responding to the original poster, I am all for getting the suggested compensation for Dez. The Cowboys would trade him in a minute for that compensation. The problem is that no one would pay it.

In the salary cap era you must have some cheap labor at certain positions and the only way to do that is through the draft if you want QUALITY cheap labor.

Dez' bull**** has also driven down his trade value because most teams would assume we are trying to dump him because he is a head case, even if it's not true and is overblown.

Could you get a first round pick for Dez? Probably, but you would not be able to replace his production with an inexperienced first round pick.

Two firsts? I don't think that you could get two firsts out of Dez. The only receivers worth that would probably be Julio Jones, Antonio Bryant and A.J. Green. The problem is that teams have to also be willing to take the players contract as well as give up draft pick compensation. That just becomes too problematic. Moreover, we would have to also eat his no prorated signing bonus.

That makes it fun to think about but it isn't very likely to happen.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think we get him on the field and let him make some catches.

Then offer him up for 2 first rounders, a second, and a 3rd and a 4th.
I'll be reasonable, they can be from different years.

I'm assuming this is a tongue-in-cheek post. If it's not, it probably should be. :rolleyes:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is a tongue-in-cheek post. If it's not, it probably should be. :rolleyes:

Why?

Is Dez untouchable as a topic? As a cancer? Selfish?

I wanted for him, from him.

He is still immature. He doesn't get it.
I would like something for him while we still can.

Chip will bite.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If the price is right any player is tradable and I do agree the Walker trade proved that. Leading up to that Trade many fans where against it yet those voices went silent once the results from that Trade started producing then everyone acted as if it were a no brainer.

If someone were willing to give up 2 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd hell yeah I would take that 4 players for 1. it is not going to happen but you bet I would.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I really cant see anybody giving up more than a 1st and maybe a 5th. Maybe a 2nd and a 5th with the Injuries the last 2 seasons.

T-RO

Reaction score
Let's suppose Dez was a free agent but any team interested in signing him would have to pay him his current contract.

I'm not sure there would be any takers. He's high maintenance, injury prone, production is erratic and he has a ridiculous contract.

A player's trade value is very impacted by the salary...because team's have to carefully manage their cap.

The very reasons we might want to trade him...make him unappealing to other teams.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Let's suppose Dez was a free agent but any team interested in signing him would have to pay him his current contract.

I'm not sure there would be any takers. He's high maintenance, injury prone, production is erratic and he has a ridiculous contract.

A player's trade value is very impacted by the salary...because team's have to carefully manage their cap.

The very reasons we might want to trade him...make him unappealing to other teams.
You are wrong about that by a mile.......he is due 3/38m with only 13m guaranteed after this year

Other teams would be all over him...imagine if JJones, AJ Green or DThomas were available in the pass happy NFL...fans here would be all over them

Verdict

Reaction score
Uh unless their is Jerry Jones clone out their running a team not going to happen. Dallas would be extremely lucky to get two 1sts, and more like maybe a 1st and 3rd

I would jump on a first and a third for Dez. I might rethink that if the team was at the bottom of the round.

chagus

Reaction score
Why is this scenario being discussed? Did I miss something?