Dez Bryant could be Hershel Walker-lite

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we get him on the field and let him make some catches.

Then offer him up for 2 first rounders, a second, and a 3rd and a 4th.
I'll be reasonable, they can be from different years.

The Walker trade happened before the NFL had true free agency.

Teams generally don't trade for players that are also very expensive. They could just target a free agent if they want to spend big money. The free agent does not require draft picks.

The exception is usually QBs because good ones rarely hit free agency.

It's similar to the "Trade Leary" threads. If he had several years remaining on his rookie contract, then he would have had decent trade value; however, with him in the final year of his contract, teams would be trading for 1 year of his services which really limited what the Cowboys could get in draft pick compensation.

In addition Dez is now seen as injury prone and has always had character issues. That takes a significant number of teams completely out of the picture in terms of trading partners.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well l din't know he was suffering from any illness. During interviews, for example, when asked a question he would often reply " Herchel Walker will
Run between the tackles tonight" He would not say I or me...it was often Herchel Walker this or Herchel Walker that. It was just a little odd. There is a name for this type of narrative??
3rd person.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why is this scenario being discussed? Did I miss something?
Cowboys fans can be morons......they think their stars are bums but they also think other teams are so stupid they will trade for our bums.....not only will they trade but they will overpay for no reason

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Walker trade happened before the NFL had true free agency.

Teams generally don't trade for players that are also very expensive. They could just target a free agent if they want to spend big money. The free agent does not require draft picks.

The exception is usually QBs because good ones rarely hit free agency.

It's similar to the "Trade Leary" threads. If he had several years remaining on his rookie contract, then he would have had decent trade value; however, with him in the final year of his contract, teams would be trading for 1 year of his services which really limited what the Cowboys could get in draft pick compensation.

In addition Dez is now seen as injury prone and has always had character issues. That takes a significant number of teams completely out of the picture in terms of trading partners.

I didn't mean it literally. Of course you are not going to get that much for him.

I just want something for him. Let him finish his career elsewhere and pull this crap elsewhere.

I just want something in return NOW....while we still can.

Like I said, before they fire Chip. Let's make a deal ....lol
Rex in Buffalo. Same scenario.
Cinch takes on headaches too.

Man, wait a second.... Seattle would jump at Dez.

Let's do it.

No, I'm not kidding.

haleyrules

Reaction score
It would be great to unload his attitude. There are teams that would take him. Hard to see getting more than a 3rd for an overpaid headcase. Never know. Would be fantastic to get some kind of young passrusher that would be too much to hope for.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
QB's are the only players that get that many draft picks. WR's are replaceable no matter how good they are.

Verdict

Reaction score
I wouldn't let Dez go for less than a first. No way. Lol