Dez Bryant Drops Agent

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah it would seem to me that given the problems he's had in the past with "advisors", it might be wise to try to keep some separation in his house.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
A fool and his money are soon parted.

I predict he will be suing Roc Nation in the future.

What information do you have to call him a fool for wanting to be solely represented by Kim and Roc Nation. I haven't heard one bad thing about them from the people they already represent or from any so called reports in the media. Not one thing. Jay is a person with an outstanding business reputation.

Roc Nation probably has the richest CEO of any of the current rep agencies. He doesn't have to rip anyone off. This isn't Sug Knight we are talking about.

Makes me say hmmmmm!

Sydla

Reaction score
What information do you have to call him a fool for wanting to be solely represented by Kim and Roc Nation. I haven't heard one bad thing about them from the people they already represent or from any so called reports in the media. Not one thing. Jay is a person with an outstanding business reputation.

Roc Nation probably has the richest CEO of any of the current rep agencies. He doesn't have to rip anyone off. This isn't Sug Knight we are talking about.

Makes me say hmmmmm!

He'll likely be fine but IMO it would be much wiser to keep all his stuff separate that way there are checks and balances in place............... one separate agent, one marketing outfit, one money manager.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score

Makes me say hmmmmm!

Doubt it, WME-IMG paid 4 billion for the UFC.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Makes me say hmmmmm!

lol. Okay, he who does not look. Fails to see.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reality is.. he really doesn't need a football agent anymore. Tom got him his money.. He's not going to get a third contract. I believe Kim can handle any contractual adjustments the Cowboys may want.

At this point, the value of Roc Nation will be in the marketing aspect of his career.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Who Dez chooses to represent him is his business. All I care about is him performing to the level his pay check dictates, Cowboys made a big investment on Dez and I expect him to live up to it. What he does with his money or personal business is his concern.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Personally, I'm somewhat relieved that Dez has dumped Tom Condon and his hardball ways. Now, let's just take note of what Roc Nation can do. What Dez does with his finances, whether retired or not, will always be mainly his own responsibility. Roc Nation is sure to advise him but if they "lead that horse to water but can't make him drink," it's on Dez. If he can't muster the wherewithal to manage his own money despite getting the benefit of some reasonable advise, the blame would be his. Here's hoping he manages to right that ship for his own good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's another opportunity for a news agency--any news agency--to step up and actually... well... investigate a story for once. Perhaps seek out and land an interview with Bryant. Or with Condon. Or with Roc Nation. Heck, maybe hit the trifecta, interview all three and ask for details about the advantages and disadvantages Bryant would gain or lose by going with Roc Nation solo. The public doesn't require abstract tweets for information...

...do we?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ROC Nation got KD a $300mil deal with Nike. They are doing very well for their clients. Not mad at Dez at all. Agents get canned everyday. This is a non-issue.

Anyone can do that. That's like saying $x got Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, or Peyton Manning $x amount of money back in the day. Yeah, the companies where going to throw money at them anyhow. There was nothing difficult about landing huge contracts like that.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only funny part, is he leaves Condon almost a year to the date he got his new contract.