Dez Bryant Drops Agent

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
What information do you have to call him a fool for wanting to be solely represented by Kim and Roc Nation. I haven't heard one bad thing about them from the people they already represent or from any so called reports in the media. Not one thing. Jay is a person with an outstanding business reputation.

Roc Nation probably has the richest CEO of any of the current rep agencies. He doesn't have to rip anyone off. This isn't Sug Knight we are talking about.

Makes me say hmmmmm!

Who do they already represent?

I haven't heard one way or the other............

slick325

Reaction score
Anyone can do that. That's like saying $x got Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, or Peyton Manning $x amount of money back in the day. Yeah, the companies where going to throw money at them anyhow. There was nothing difficult about landing huge contracts like that.

I hear you but the guaranteed figures they were able to get from Nike and Under Armour were staggering even in a bidding war. KD took less money to sign with Nike but got stock options to balance the difference. Again...they did very well for their client.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

I know they represent Robinson Cano....who left the Yankees to play for the Mariners...and Jay Z is a die hard Yankees fan...so clearly he can separate business from pleasure. I believe they also represent Geno Smith. I believe the represent Kevin Durant from a marketing perspective. When I think about the wealth, status, networking opportunities of Roc Nation...I am pretty sure any issues Dez has later in life...will not be because he is being represented by Roc Nation

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I know they represent Robinson Cano....who left the Yankees to play for the Mariners...and Jay Z is a die hard Yankees fan...so clearly he can separate business from pleasure. I believe they also represent Geno Smith. I believe the represent Kevin Durant from a marketing perspective. When I think about the wealth, status, networking opportunities of Roc Nation...I am pretty sure any issues Dez has later in life...will not be because he is being represented by Roc Nation

I hope it works out for him. Kid's been robbed enough.

CWR

Reaction score
The reality is.. he really doesn't need a football agent anymore. Tom got him his money.. He's not going to get a third contract. I believe Kim can handle any contractual adjustments the Cowboys may want.

At this point, the value of Roc Nation will be in the marketing aspect of his career.

Thats a good point, Roc Nation may be better at getting him the endorsement deals he wants.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

I'm sure if you took a few seconds and Googled it will do much better then I at listing their athletes. Kevin Durant and Todd Gurley off the top of my head. You stated you haven't heard anything either way, and that's exactly my point. No news is good news so why are people criticizing the move when there has been no problems with the athletes they represent.

I bet if it was reversed and Dez had dropped Roc Nation and he hired Tom Condon, these post bashing the move would not made. Again makes me wonder why?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
He'll likely be fine but IMO it would be much wiser to keep all his stuff separate that way there are checks and balances in place............... one separate agent, one marketing outfit, one money manager.

And I do agree with that strategy but for someone to call him a fool and to say they bet he will be suing them in the future when they have never had a problem with any of their athletes just makes me wonder why that statement would be made.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm sure if you took a few seconds and Googled it will do much better then I at listing their athletes. Kevin Durant and Todd Gurley off the top of my head. You stated you haven't heard anything either way, and that's exactly my point. No news is good news so why are people criticizing the move when there has been no problems with the athletes they represent.

I bet if it was reversed and Dez had dropped Roc Nation and he hired Tom Condon, these post bashing the move would not made. Again makes me wonder why?

This reads as if there is an insinuation there.

I think less people would question the move if he moved his agency away from Roc Nation to Condon because it would create arms length distance between his marketing arm and his agency arm. Let's say he moved away his marketing stuff, his agency stuff and his money managing stuff to Condon's company............ I think that would be a questionable move too.

That was my whole point. That given the fact that he's been taken for a ride before, I just would think trying to keep things separate might be a wise move for him instead of throwing everything under one umbrella.

Just my opinion.[/quote]

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
The reality is.. he really doesn't need a football agent anymore. Tom got him his money.. He's not going to get a third contract. I believe Kim can handle any contractual adjustments the Cowboys may want.

At this point, the value of Roc Nation will be in the marketing aspect of his career.
The agent gets his cut though right? Isnt that how it works, they get their percentage upfront?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
This reads as if there is an insinuation there.

I think less people would question the move if he moved his agency away from Roc Nation to Condon because it would create arms length distance between his marketing arm and his agency arm. Let's say he moved away his marketing stuff, his agency stuff and his money managing stuff to Condon's company............ I think that would be a questionable move too.

That was my whole point. That given the fact that he's been taken for a ride before, I just would think trying to keep things separate might be a wise move for him instead of throwing everything under one umbrella.

Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Sydla I have no problem with your post. It is a valid statement as I to believe your interest should be separated. I personally have my investments, holdings and retirement fund managed by three different firms. It's investing 101. But I do know a few people that do put all their eggs in one basket. More power to them. So as far as the posters that are questioning the move purely on the fact that they believe like yourself it is a bad business decision, am not referring to them. I actually agree with them.

But as to your comment of "insinuation", have you read some of these comments? For someone to make those statements without even one ounce of proof that Roc Nation is a liability or worse yet criminal, is biased! No question about it. So yes I am insinuating just as much as the ignorant posters are insinuating!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Who Dez chooses to represent him is his business. All I care about is him performing to the level his pay check dictates, Cowboys made a big investment on Dez and I expect him to live up to it. What he does with his money or personal business is his concern.

That's all I care about. Last year was a wasted season. I want to see Dez back the way he was before. No excuses.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I swear .......... only in Dallas could a athlete fire his agent and somehow it gets turned into a character flaw.

Dez stayed loyal to Condon when he switched to RocSports and Condon will get his cut of Dez' 70m deal...Kim Miale has been handling the endorsements since the switch and this is just a formality....I don't see any bad blood or agent feud

Those saying Dez will be broke should recognize that RocSports are the ones that helped alert him that Wells and West were ripping him off big time....I don't even like JayZ personally but he has built a strong firm and there is no reason to doubt they can't handle Dez' business

Dez has had a hard ride and I wish him some peace and happiness

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's all I care about. Last year was a wasted season. I want to see Dez back the way he was before. No excuses.

I agree. Ultimately all I care about is this franchise winning I don't care about their personal lives unless it interferes with their professional lives as members of the Dallas Cowboys. Going with Condon or Jay Z or Doctor Doolittle I don't care, go out perform and help this team win games all this other national enquirer crud has gotten old.