Dez Bryant - Experience

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4232252 said:
Yeah cuz showing passion/love for the game of football is being a prima donna.

/sarcasm

Jason Witten has passion. So does Demarcus Ware.

They don't act like immature babies on the sideline.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4232286 said:
how long does it take to know the playbook??

One of the reasons that most rookie WR don't burst on to the scene is exactly this. Some guys like Randy Moss can come in and dominate based on physical tools -- others don't set the league on fire for a while.

Difficulty in learning the playbook is a big part of that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4232603 said:
Jason Witten has passion. So does Demarcus Ware.

They don't act like immature babies on the sideline.

How old are those players, and how long have they been playing NFL football compared to Dez?

;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody got their shots in, now move along. No more personal attacks.

:cool:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4232612 said:
Everybody got their shots in, now move along. No more personal attacks.

:cool:

Us boys can never have any fun around here! :bang2:

:laugh2:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
5Stars;4232606 said:
How old are those players, and how long have they been playing NFL football compared to Dez?

;)

They didn't behave that way in their first or second years either.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4232628 said:
They didn't behave that way in their first or second years either.

True..but, not everybody is like everybody. Some people are late bloomers.

;)

I'll give Dez the benefit of the doubt because he really has not played a lot of football in the last few years. But...he does need to understand what is at stake here.

SWG9

Reaction score
I would feel a lot better about Dez Bryant if he had shown improvement or progression in any single aspect of his game.

The fact is that he hasn't. He's basically the exact same player today that he was when he came into the league.

Look at the jump Sean Lee (who also didn't have the benefit of a full offseason) took between year one and two.

Dez should be a lot further along than what he is.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
SWG9;4232780 said:
I would feel a lot better about Dez Bryant if he had shown improvement or progression in any single aspect of his game.

The fact is that he hasn't. He's basically the exact same player today that he was when he came into the league.

Look at the jump Sean Lee (who also didn't have the benefit of a full offseason) took between year one and two.

That's a pretty broad statement have you been charting every pattern from last year and this or are you just making crap up.:rolleyes:

I saw him put a great stutter move to get free on that 39 yard pass.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Galian Beast;4231618 said:
I know people like to get on Dez. I just really don't get it.

- 27 games in his college career
- Missed a lot of his training camp due to injury
- Only played 12 games last year
- Limited Training Camp this year
- Hurt early this year so hasn't had as much practice

Outside of High School this kid has played in a total of 47 games at the collegiate and professional level. Only 20 NFL games, much without practice.

People want him to be megatron right now... but even in his NFL career he wasn't much more successful than Dez has been. And he played 37 games in college (and didn't even play his senior year).

Give this kid some time. I actually believe that with Austin injured, Robinson is going to have even more time to focus on Dez and getting him going.

Kid is already 30th in the nfl in yards per game in the first half of the season. Unless you have an agenda against him, you have to realize that will only get better.

:bow:

thank you

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
WR's usually break out in their third year right? I know some guys have bucked that trend but given the lack of experience this thread has discussed, I'd start worrying if Dez still looks this lackluster NEXT year.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
SWG9;4232780 said:

Sean Lee - 36 collegiate games in three years compared to Dez's 27 in essentially 2 years.

Sean Lee born July 22, 1986
Dez Bryant born Nov 4, 1988

Dez is about 2 and a half years younger than Sean Lee...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
DOUBLE WING;4232841 said:
WR's usually break out in their third year right? I know some guys have bucked that trend but given the lack of experience this thread has discussed, I'd start worrying if Dez still looks this lackluster NEXT year.

How is 2nd in the team in touchdowns and receiving yards lackluster? LOL...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4232575 said:
Couple of big difference between Megatron and Dez. Megatron studies and runs crisp routes. Megatron has nothing on Dez skill wise, he just executes his game better. Dez will not improve until he improves his routes and study habits.

Hate away on the truth...

Calvin Johnson was also questioned about his route running early in his career... No one pays any attention to history, and just bases their conclusions on their confirmation bias.

As for showing passion on the sidelines, it's called being fired up and firing up your teammates, you see it in every sport. Rather than describe it that way, you and journalist describe as being a prima dona.

People respect Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, and Ray Lewis for firing up their teammates... But Dez? He is a prima dona...

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
JIGGYFLY;4232479 said:
Calvin Johnson 1st 19 games 67 1048 6 TD's

Dez Bryant 1st 19 games 71 1004 10 TD's

Please explain how Megatron was so much better?

And by the way Kitna was Bryant's QB as well :laugh2:

facts always complicate agenda driven posts :muttley:

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4232853 said:
How is 2nd in the team in touchdowns and receiving yards lackluster? LOL...

Lackluster is probably too strong a word, but second on our team is only good for 33rd in the league. It sounds better when you say "second on the team" though.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
SWG9;4232780 said:

Agree 100%. Lee is a student of the game and Dez is a student of the bling. Why people continue to deny that Dez isn't a student of the game escapes me. Dez relies on his natural talent and nothing else.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4232862 said:
Calvin Johnson was also questioned about his route running early in his career... No one pays any attention to history, and just bases their conclusions on their confirmation bias.

As for showing passion on the sidelines, it's called being fired up and firing up your teammates, you see it in every sport. Rather than describe it that way, you and journalist describe as being a prima dona.

People respect Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, and Ray Lewis for firing up their teammates... But Dez? He is a prima dona...

I have never questioned Dez passion. Just his smarts.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
JIGGYFLY;4232479 said:
Calvin Johnson 1st 19 games 67 1048 6 TD's

Dez Bryant 1st 19 games 71 1004 10 TD's

Please explain how Megatron was so much better?

And by the way Kitna was Bryant's QB as well :laugh2:

You sir have a lot of nerve bringing facts into this discussion. There are people here who have way more proof that facts and numbers on their side.

Things like innuendo, agendas, and oh yeah, hate.

I seriously don't know what you were thinking.

<sarcasm>

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4232939 said:
Agree 100%. Lee is a student of the game and Dez is a student of the bling. Why people continue to deny that Dez isn't a student of the game escapes me. Dez relies on his natural talent and nothing else.

I wished someone would point to a source that says he doesn't study or whatever. He just might not be catching on to everything as quick as all of these professional scouts that are posting here would like. I mean, he is second on the team in TDs and yards receiving and that's after being hurt as well. I think some people just aren't realistic or they are simply impatient.