Dez Bryant - Experience

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4232970 said:
I wished someone would point to a source that says he doesn't study or whatever. He just might not be catching on to everything as quick as all of these professional scouts that are posting here would like. I mean, he is second on the team in TDs and yards receiving and that's after being hurt as well. I think some people just aren't realistic or they are simply impatient.

Not going to argue with anyone that refuses to see the truth. The kid runs poor routes (even our REAL on board NFL scout agrees. I'm sure you think all the writers, former coaches ,and former players are just Dez haters.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4233000 said:
Not going to argue with anyone that refuses to see the truth. The kid runs poor routes (even our REAL on board NFL scout agrees. I'm sure you think all the writers, former coaches ,and former players are just Dez haters.

Running poor routes doesn't mean he doesn't study. Doesn't mean he doesn't watch film. It means he needs to work on the execution of the routes. And for a guy who has roughly a year and about a half under his belt in the last 3 and a half years with different QBs and he is still able to be #2 on the team in Yds receiving and #2 in TDs, I don't think that is too bad.

My pet peeve with the whole this is that people tend to label him as not trying. But those people aren't there to watch him in practice or sitting with him in the film room or in the team meetings or even in the personal conversations he is having with Romo and the other Wrs.

It ain't arguing when you have facts and numbers on your side. It's called telling the truth.

shockandroll

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4233000 said:

For the record, even our real NFL scout agreed that it's possible this was not just because of lack of effort.

You need to realize, and dare I say CS might need to remember, Dez missed games his JR year to suspension, he skipped his senior year. He missed most of his rookie camp to injury, he missed most of his rookie year to injury, he missed his second camp due to the lock out. He's missed practices and games his second year to injury. And he just turned 23!

Austin was on the verge of being cut at 23 and Dez is turning heads. Your opinion will be valid a year to two years from now if Dez is doing the same things. Right now, it's not.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4233022 said:
Running poor routes doesn't mean he doesn't study. Doesn't mean he doesn't watch film. It means he needs to work on the execution of the routes. And for a guy who has roughly a year and about a half under his belt in the last 3 and a half years with different QBs and he is still able to be #2 on the team in Yds receiving and #2 in TDs, I don't think that is too bad.

My pet peeve with the whole this is that people tend to label him as not trying. But those people aren't there to watch him in practice or sitting with him in the film room or in the team meetings or even in the personal conversations he is having with Romo and the other Wrs.

It ain't arguing when you have facts and numbers on your side. It's called telling the truth.

26 catches for 443 and 4 Tds is pretty average. Good for #32 ranking in the NFL. These are the numbers you are talking about? Right? Darren Sproles is ranked above him as a WR. There is your truth...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4233037 said:
26 catches for 443 and 4 Tds is pretty average. Good for #32 ranking in the NFL. These are the numbers you are talking about? Right? Darren Sproles is ranked above him as a WR. There is your truth...

So Miles Austin sucks as well, huh? He's third.

And I made a mistake earlier. He is tied for first in Tds on the Team with 4. Witten sucks he only has 4 as does Austin.

And Bryant leads the team in avg. yds per reception with over 17YPC. So in that category Witten and Austin both suck as well.

Ya know what? THERE is your truth.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
5Stars;4232633 said:
True..but, not everybody is like everybody. Some people are late bloomers.

;)

I'll give Dez the benefit of the doubt because he really has not played a lot of football in the last few years. But...he does need to understand what is at stake here.

Look, I'll tell you exactly your problem here. You look at Dez and you think that Irvin acted that way, so it must be ok. TO acted that way and he's got some #s to show for it.

The fact is those two acted that way. But both were the hardest workers on their teams. They knew the plays. They were the first ones to arrive to work out.

Dez is skipping right to the prima dona part without doing the work that makes your coach put up with the behavior.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY;4232479 said:
Calvin Johnson 1st 19 games 67 1048 6 TD's

Dez Bryant 1st 19 games 71 1004 10 TD's

Please explain how Megatron was so much better?

And by the way Kitna was Bryant's QB as well :laugh2:

Interesting you would choose not to look at his entire 2nd year as that was what I was referring to.

Also interesting that you'd select a specific number of games, disregarding the fact that one players majority of games came during his rookie season while the other had a greater percentage come during his second season.......the season referred to previously.

I love Dez but I don't think he'll match Calvin's 2nd season although I'd love to be wrong.

Add on another 900 yards and 8 TDs to what he already has this year.....that'd be phenomenal.

And Calvin may have had Kitna for some games. Bet you can't name the other QBs without looking them up.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4233079 said:
Interesting you would choose not to look at his entire 2nd year as that was what I was referring to.

Also interesting that you'd select a specific number of games, disregarding the fact that one players majority of games came during his rookie season while the other had a greater percentage come during his second season.......the season referred to previously.

I love Dez but I don't think he'll match Calvin's 2nd season although I'd love to be wrong.

Add on another 900 yards and 8 TDs to what he already has this year.....that'd be phenomenal.

And Calvin may have had Kitna for some games. Bet you can't name the other QBs without looking them up.

How is it interesting? They both played 19 games... If anything johnson gets the advantage for actually having two offseasons... i think you're really limited the reality of the situation.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4233085 said:
How is it interesting? They both played 19 games... If anything johnson gets the advantage for actually having two offseasons... i think you're really limited the reality of the situation.

And what advantage do you give Dez for playing with a real QB?

And it's actually not that interesting that he would quote "games". It's just a nice redirect from me saying that Calvin's second year was pretty damn good.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4233060 said:
So Miles Austin sucks as well, huh? He's third.

And I made a mistake earlier. He is tied for first in Tds on the Team with 4. Witten sucks he only has 4 as does Austin.

And Bryant leads the team in avg. yds per reception with over 17YPC. So in that category Witten and Austin both suck as well.

Ya know what? THERE is your truth.

Brilliant logic.

So being a stat leader on your own team equates greatness.

Troy Hambrick was #1 in rushing for Cowboys in 2003. He also led the team in rushing TDs that year too.