Dez Bryant: Hate toward Dallas Cowboys is motivating

MissouriCowboy

Reaction score
By Kevin Patra NFL.com

"I feel like the greatest thing about being on the Cowboys [is] people love to hate the Cowboys," Bryant told ESPN Radio in El Paso, via the Dallas Morning News. "That makes you work 10 times harder. They put the big target on us or whatever, and speaking for myself, it doesn't bother me. I'm pretty sure it doesn't bother a lot of guys. They like that kind of pressure. It makes us want to work hard and makes you want to do what you want to do to get to that big game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...yant-hate-toward-dallas-cowboys-is-motivating

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Now if he could just get the others motivated like him, we would be in good shape. I love me some Dez!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;5044129 said:
Dez is gonna go HAM this season.

As long as he knows the plays and the in play adjustments. It's left to be seen. He and Tony have to start working on it it May. It has to be like walking and talking. An unspoken language between the two.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Hopefully if the other receivers can step up it will keep Dez from being double teamed as well.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Sportsbabe;5044146 said:
As long as he knows the plays and the in play adjustments. It's left to be seen. He and Tony have to start working on it it May. It has to be like walking and talking. An unspoken language between the two.

I believe he knows both the plays and makes in play adjustments, he proved that last season and that's why Romo went to him so often. He put up big numbers last year, you don't do that by not knowing what you're doing. HE KNOWS WHATS GOING ON NOW.

Zordon

Reaction score
ufcrules1;5044183 said:
Hopefully if the other receivers can step up it will keep Dez from being double teamed as well.
And hopefully our 100 million dollar quarterback finally learns to trust him and doesn't start pouting everytime something doesn't click.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Zordon;5044206 said:
And hopefully our 100 million dollar quarterback finally learns to trust him and doesn't start pouting everytime something doesn't click.

Love the Sig. Legend of 88 :bow:

Coy

Reaction score
He is quickly becoming my favorite player.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
He had a great second half of the season, but even in the last game of the year, his QB was having to line up WRs! And it appears to me that the play book may have been "trimmed" for him.

I don't want to hear fire, I want to see a player who knows the play book as well as his QB, can make every adjustment and can let his play speak for itself.

HOF potential IMO!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
GoCowboysGo;5044363 said:
He had a great second half of the season, but even in the last game of the year, his QB was having to line up WRs! And it appears to me that the play book may have been "trimmed" for him.

I don't want to hear fire, I want to see a player who knows the play book as well as his QB, can make every adjustment and can let his play speak for itself.

HOF potential IMO!

Thank you.

Nav22

Reaction score
Zordon;5044206 said:

And hopefully you learn something about the sport of football along the way.

Wood

Reaction score
MissouriCowboy;5044096 said:
By Kevin Patra NFL.com

"I feel like the greatest thing about being on the Cowboys [is] people love to hate the Cowboys," Bryant told ESPN Radio in El Paso, via the Dallas Morning News. "That makes you work 10 times harder. They put the big target on us or whatever, and speaking for myself, it doesn't bother me. I'm pretty sure it doesn't bother a lot of guys. They like that kind of pressure. It makes us want to work hard and makes you want to do what you want to do to get to that big game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...yant-hate-toward-dallas-cowboys-is-motivating

liking Dez more and more. Finally a player willing to take on criticism.

FootballFan1

Reaction score
I honestly do not understand these comments.

Hate the Cowboys, why?? I don't hate the Cowboys, they are not even a factor in the playoffs. Perhaps people hate on past success, but that is hardly the case today (guess the Pats will deal with that some day). Or maybe, it is Jerry with his ego. To me, the Steelers are the only team I really do not like -- and never will.

There are still those fans of the Boys based upon past history -- really far out history, but this to me is nuts. And unless you find some success soon, those "old" fans will slowly die out.

I never even disliked the Colts because I thought Peyton Manning is one of the best to play the game and enjoyed every game we played. Great fun to watch.

Just being realistic. Until the Boys start winning again, this is all a non-issue and do not understand these comments. Who honestly hates the Cowboys???? Nuts. Well, guess I might get it a little because I cannot stand the Steelers, but only because I thought they were arrogant and cheap shot artists. And could not stand Cowher. And cannot get past that. Cannot stand Big Ben either.

Cowboys fans, I doubt there are many people that "hate" you right now. Just do not get it.

visionary

Reaction score
Dez performed great last year
I am fine with whatever he wants to use as motivation
With Romo throwing him the ball, there is little stopping him from being a top 10 receiver

Mansta54

Reaction score
FootballFan1;5044470 said:
I honestly do not understand these comments.

Hate the Cowboys, why?? I don't hate the Cowboys, they are not even a factor in the playoffs. Perhaps people hate on past success, but that is hardly the case today (guess the Pats will deal with that some day). Or maybe, it is Jerry with his ego. To me, the Steelers are the only team I really do not like -- and never will.

There are still those fans of the Boys based upon past history -- really far out history, but this to me is nuts. And unless you find some success soon, those "old" fans will slowly die out.

I never even disliked the Colts because I thought Peyton Manning is one of the best to play the game and enjoyed every game we played. Great fun to watch.

Just being realistic. Until the Boys start winning again, this is all a non-issue and do not understand these comments. Who honestly hates the Cowboys???? Nuts. Well, guess I might get it a little because I cannot stand the Steelers, but only because I thought they were arrogant and cheap shot artists. And could not stand Cowher. And cannot get past that. Cannot stand Big Ben either.

Cowboys fans, I doubt there are many people that "hate" you right now. Just do not get it.

This post is sooooooo incorrect. Th hate on the Cowboys is NOT just aout us winning or not, its many things. The fact that we have the largest fanbase, the fact that we get so much attention even though we haven't won, the fact that we're always on primetime TV, the fact that our ratings are always the highest, and there are many more reasons that could be added.