Dez Bryant: Hate toward Dallas Cowboys is motivating

Nav22

Reaction score
FootballFan1;5044470 said:
I honestly do not understand these comments.

Hate the Cowboys, why?? I don't hate the Cowboys, they are not even a factor in the playoffs. Perhaps people hate on past success, but that is hardly the case today (guess the Pats will deal with that some day). Or maybe, it is Jerry with his ego. To me, the Steelers are the only team I really do not like -- and never will.

There are still those fans of the Boys based upon past history -- really far out history, but this to me is nuts. And unless you find some success soon, those "old" fans will slowly die out.

I never even disliked the Colts because I thought Peyton Manning is one of the best to play the game and enjoyed every game we played. Great fun to watch.

Just being realistic. Until the Boys start winning again, this is all a non-issue and do not understand these comments. Who honestly hates the Cowboys???? Nuts. Well, guess I might get it a little because I cannot stand the Steelers, but only because I thought they were arrogant and cheap shot artists. And could not stand Cowher. And cannot get past that. Cannot stand Big Ben either.

Cowboys fans, I doubt there are many people that "hate" you right now. Just do not get it.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...ericas-Favori/msn_landing.html?blockID=830977

In the Public Policy Polling group's second-annual NFL poll, released Wednesday, the Cowboys and Green Bay Packers tied as the favorite teams in the league among a group of nine popular teams, with each receiving 12 percent of the vote...

The poll, however, also showed the Cowboys continue to be the "Most Hated" team in the NFL — Dallas repeated its 2011 "success" in this category with 18 percent of the vote. The Bears (11 percent) were second, followed by the Patriots (10 percent).

Consider yourself owned.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Hate the Cowboys, why?? I don't hate the Cowboys, they are not even a factor in the playoffs. Perhaps people hate on past success, but that is hardly the case today (guess the Pats will deal with that some day). Or maybe, it is Jerry with his ego. To me, the Steelers are the only team I really do not like -- and never will.

There are still those fans of the Boys based upon past history -- really far out history, but this to me is nuts. And unless you find some success soon, those "old" fans will slowly die out.

I never even disliked the Colts because I thought Peyton Manning is one of the best to play the game and enjoyed every game we played. Great fun to watch.

Just being realistic. Until the Boys start winning again, this is all a non-issue and do not understand these comments. Who honestly hates the Cowboys???? Nuts. Well, guess I might get it a little because I cannot stand the Steelers, but only because I thought they were arrogant and cheap shot artists. And could not stand Cowher. And cannot get past that. Cannot stand Big Ben either.

Cowboys fans, I doubt there are many people that "hate" you right now. Just do not get it.

So when they refer to people living in the bubble this is what they are talking about. Ok got it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

:laugh2:

:star:

FootballFan1

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of polls - and in particular how some of the questions are asked. The Bears??? Huh. That one makes no sense.

Now seriously, how many people actually think of another team and say you really hate them. Given the choice, most of us don't think much about other teams, only in relation to winning. Only our own team. And to "hate" (seems rather extreme) a team simply because they are good, or were good at one time to me is ridiculous. I really enjoy watching a good game, no matter who is playing. And enjoy good talent, period.

Now, if you put me in the corner and asked me which team I disliked (certainly not hated), that would be the Steelers (just past history). But I certainly do not spend any time thinking about them. But I have a reason for disliking them, certainly not because they were good. Actually they were at one time, but that is not my rationale.

I will stick by my thoughts. I think the Boys have a history when the league was young and you had a very talented and dominant team. So what??? Is that a reason to dislike your team? That said, I do not think your owner is looked upon favorably. For that matter, I don't think Belichick is liked much either. But I also think no one would turn down Belichick as a coach, but sure would not want Jerry as an owner. So there is somewhat of a difference. Kind of like asking if you would have wanted Al Davis as an owner - not!

We are all individuals and have our own thoughts. If I disliked your team, I sure as heck would not post here. On a Steeler board - never. In fact kind of surprised the Steelers are not on the list of least liked teams. Of course, I am an AFC fan, not an NFC fan and follow the AFC much more closely.

Have to be careful of polls, and how they are taken. But to say the Cowboys are the most "hated" team seems a tad extreme to me. Who did they call??? Maybe they should have worded the poll differently - like is there a team you really dislike, rather than which team do you dislike the most. Depends upon how the poll was taken.

OK, said enough on the subject. I don't think it is helpful to "stir the pot" when it is not necessary.

The Natural

Reaction score
Nice to see a guy taking some pride in playing for and defending the name of the star

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
FootballFan1;5044710 said:
I am not a big fan of polls - and in particular how some of the questions are asked. The Bears??? Huh. That one makes no sense.

Now seriously, how many people actually think of another team and say you really hate them. Given the choice, most of us don't think much about other teams, only in relation to winning. Only our own team. And to "hate" (seems rather extreme) a team simply because they are good, or were good at one time to me is ridiculous. I really enjoy watching a good game, no matter who is playing. And enjoy good talent, period.

Now, if you put me in the corner and asked me which team I disliked (certainly not hated), that would be the Steelers (just past history). But I certainly do not spend any time thinking about them. But I have a reason for disliking them, certainly not because they were good. Actually they were at one time, but that is not my rationale.

I will stick by my thoughts. I think the Boys have a history when the league was young and you had a very talented and dominant team. So what??? Is that a reason to dislike your team? That said, I do not think your owner is looked upon favorably. For that matter, I don't think Belichick is liked much either. But I also think no one would turn down Belichick as a coach, but sure would not want Jerry as an owner. So there is somewhat of a difference. Kind of like asking if you would have wanted Al Davis as an owner - not!

We are all individuals and have our own thoughts. If I disliked your team, I sure as heck would not post here. On a Steeler board - never. In fact kind of surprised the Steelers are not on the list of least liked teams. Of course, I am an AFC fan, not an NFC fan and follow the AFC much more closely.

Have to be careful of polls, and how they are taken. But to say the Cowboys are the most "hated" team seems a tad extreme to me. Who did they call??? Maybe they should have worded the poll differently - like is there a team you really dislike, rather than which team do you dislike the most. Depends upon how the poll was taken.

OK, said enough on the subject. I don't think it is helpful to "stir the pot" when it is not necessary.

:laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao: :bow:

:star: :star:

Nav22

Reaction score

Polls suck and they should all be replaced by your rambling, nonsensical monologues. I'm sold.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who are you and why are you posting here? The fact that you are says it all.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will stick by my thoughts. I think the Boys have a history when the league was young and you had a very talented and dominant team.

Huh? The Cowboys organization is 53 years old. The league existed decades before Dallas got the Cowboys. Your lack of historical knowledge explains your ridiculous posts.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
MissouriCowboy;5044100 said:
I love this guy. He has mature a lot and all about business.

I don't want to go there yet. His public persona shows improvement, but privately he could still be the guy who will do some dumb thing to mess up all the goodwill.

I hope not, but I can't say it would surprise me. Going from several immature acts to suddenly being totally mature is a pretty big leap.

The Natural

Reaction score
gimmesix;5044758 said:
I don't want to go there yet. His public persona shows improvement, but privately he could still be the guy who will do some dumb thing to mess up all the goodwill.

I hope not, but I can't say it would surprise me. Going from several immature acts to suddenly being totally mature is a pretty big leap.

:rolleyes:

Mansta54

Reaction score
gimmesix;5044758 said:

Yea having a young man mature from good guidence and his past is a huge leap, virtually impossible. :rolleyes: Let me tell you, Dez is flesh and blood just like you and I and sure he'll make mistakes again just like you and I. Smh!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Mansta54;5044782 said:
Yea having a young man mature from good guidence and his past is a huge leap, virtually impossible. :rolleyes: Let me tell you, Dez is flesh and blood just like you and I and sure he'll make mistakes again just like you and I. Smh!!!

I'm not sure why people are offended that I simply don't know if Dez has really matured. Like I said, I hope so, but I won't be surprised if he does slip up publicly.

He's in a major spotlight so his every move or comment is put under the microscope so that getting kicked out of the mall is a big thing or being sued for not paying a jewelry bill is a big thing.

I had no problems with those things. (The mama issue is another story.)

Didn't mean for this to come off in any way that I don't like Bryant or am not rooting for him. And yes, it is a big leap to go from doing those kinds of things last offseason (when he also had good guidance) to being totally above those things this offseason. If he has made that leap, then I'm proud for him.

FootballFan1

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;5044753 said:
Huh? The Cowboys organization is 53 years old. The league existed decades before Dallas got the Cowboys. Your lack of historical knowledge explains your ridiculous posts.

Can you say Dandy Don and Bob Hayes who played in the Cotton Bowl??? I sat through many of those games, and yes they were talented and fun to watch. My father took me at the time. I think you are thinking of a later period. I am quite aware of Cowboy history.

So at the time I was a Cowboy fan. Did not switch to being a Pats fan until my parents divorced and my mother moved us to New England. Me, being a huge football fan got season tickets to the Pats at a very young age (early 20's) -- when we were bums for most of that time. And not much of a fan base -- was Red Sox country at that time. That has changed, and now the Pats are the favorite sports team in New England. Didn't matter when we were bums in the early days, still enjoyed going and rarely missed a game. And still am a season ticket holder. So I am enjoying our run right now, but after Brady and Belichick retire, I doubt seriously that run will continue. But it sure was a fun ride.

Today, I continue to be a die-hard Patriot fan, but certainly do not dislike the Cowboys, nope. If you win, fine with me -- as long as you are not playing the Pats.

As to why I post, I still enjoy talking good football and think you have a good board. The only other board I post on is patsfans.com. For obvious reasons. But if I find an interesting subject on here, I post.

Hope that answers your questions.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
^^^ It's still Red Sox country.

Having been to nearly 30 Patriots games in Foxboro (old and new), I can say their fans for the most part are weak bandwagon fans.

Sox fans are die hard.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Does anyone really hate this team any more? The Cowboys are the punch line to jokes. Our players are well mannered, articulate mommas boys and that goes from Garrett on down. I just dont see the hate. Dez at least has a bit of attitude that could earn him the hate from other fans and teams.

FootballFan1

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;5044920 said:
^^^ It's still Red Sox country.

Having been to nearly 30 Patriots games in Foxboro (old and new), I can say their fans for the most part are weak bandwagon fans.

Sox fans are die hard.

OK, I will agree with you on one point. Red Sox fans are over the top die-hard fans. I know that. They live and breathe the Red Sox team. Not quite sure why, but they are. I don't even watch baseball anymore, just me. Even my mother would watch the Red Sox game every night it was on -- like every night. So, to some extent you are right. But it is hard to find fans like Red Sox fans -- they are NUTS!!

That said, the Pats have overtaken the Sox as the favorite sport team in New England. 100 year waiting list for tickets, 99% renewal rate, and to me a very loyal group of people that go. I used to see the same people, year after year, tailgate, have a good time. Even though we lost most of those years. So I kind of disagree with you. So sure, there are people that go simply because they are winning now, but they sure as heck do not have season tickets. Get in line, and wait. But again, once Brady and Belichick leave, we will see what will happen. That most likely will change, but who knows?? One thing I know about New England fans, they are loyal to a fault.

But please do not tell me I am a bandwagon fan. After sitting through 35 years of mostly grief, nope. Not going to buy into that. And seeing mostly the same people year after year, just having fun, even though we were losing most of those years. Didn't matter, we had some serious fun.

But yes, I agree with you. Red Sox fans are a breed of their own. Cannot figure it out why. Baseball to me is BORING. Like watching golf - zzzzzzzz. Boring.