Dez Bryant: Hate toward Dallas Cowboys is motivating

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
17yearsandcounting;5044931 said:
Does anyone really hate this team any more? The Cowboys are the punch line to jokes. Our players are well mannered, articulate mommas boys and that goes from Garrett on down. I just dont see the hate. Dez at least has a bit of attitude that could earn him the hate from other fans and teams.

Please. Most public polls on the topic have the Cowboys and the most hated team in the league. Where have you been?

Look at our fans, alone. Does any other fanbase have so many fans who have quit for such bad reasons and hate the team as a result? I've lived in quite a few NFL cities, and I've never seen anything like it. They do make jokes at the team's expense, but usually not very good ones.

"Mama, I'm going to go play football against the best DL in the league with busted ribs and a punctured lung, and win. I'm going to throw it to the guy playing with the ruptured spleen or the one with the broken fingers." Sheesh. Mama's boys. Talk about rolling over and playing blind.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Idgit;5045071 said:
Please. Most public polls on the topic have the Cowboys and the most hated team in the league. Where have you been?

Look at our fans, alone. Does any other fanbase have so many fans who have quit for such bad reasons and hate the team as a result? I've lived in quite a few NFL cities, and I've never seen anything like it. They do make jokes at the team's expense, but usually not very good ones.

"Mama, I'm going to go play football against the best DL in the league with busted ribs and a punctured lung, and win. I'm going to throw it to the guy playing with the ruptured spleen or the one with the broken fingers." Sheesh. Mama's boys. Talk about rolling over and playing blind.

Dude all of his posts are nonsense, he's looking for attention. Smh!!!

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
FootballFan1;5044470 said:
I honestly do not understand these comments.

Hate the Cowboys, why?? I don't hate the Cowboys, they are not even a factor in the playoffs. Perhaps people hate on past success, but that is hardly the case today.

Can you say Dandy Don and Bob Hayes who played in the Cotton Bowl??? I sat through many of those games, and yes they were talented and fun to watch. My father took me at the time. I think you are thinking of a later period. I am quite aware of Cowboy history.

So at the time I was a Cowboy fan.

You pretty much answered your own question. Kind of hard to find Hate in a team you once rooted for.

There are still those fans of the Boys based upon past history -- really far out history, but this to me is nuts. And unless you find some success soon, those "old" fans will slowly die out.

And this pretty much explains why you are a Patriot fan.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54;5045075 said:
Dude all of his posts are nonsense, he's looking for attention. Smh!!!

That much is obvious from his chosen username. But, man, at least keep the criticism relevant. This team has some of the toughest Cowboys players I ever remember seeing right now. Just watch Tony break a collarbone and ask from the ground 'did we score?' Then see him shove the trainer out of the way trying to get back into the huddle afterward. Or playing with a flak jacket on and a punctured lung. That's hero-stuff right there. Witten playing the week after a wired jaw? Ware, gutting out the last month of 2012? These are some pretty gnarly mama's boys we're talking about.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Hate? That's a strong word and a hard one to muster against a .500 team for 17 seasons.

Who is hating? The Fans that want the Dallas Cowboys to do well.

Dallas isn't worth hating on unless a person is still disappointed with the one constant besides Jerry...which happens to be losing Cowboys Football.

Every other reason to hate on the Cowboys is frail, our opponents don't even take us seriously anymore.

Proximo

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;5045099 said:
Every other reason to hate on the Cowboys is frail, our opponents don't even take us seriously anymore.

COMPLETE nonsense! Everyone knows that basically EVERY team gets up to the play the Cowboys. It's basically understood and has been acknowledged more than once. Saying our opponents don't take us seriously is laughable.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Proximo;5045110 said:
COMPLETE nonsense! Everyone knows that basically EVERY team gets up to the play the Cowboys. It's basically understood and has been acknowledged more than once. Saying our opponents don't take us seriously is laughable.

"It ain't all waitin' on you...that's vanity."

Mansta54

Reaction score
Idgit;5045087 said:
That much is obvious from his chosen username. But, man, at least keep the criticism relevant. This team has some of the toughest Cowboys players I ever remember seeing right now. Just watch Tony break a collarbone and ask from the ground 'did we score?' Then see him shove the trainer out of the way trying to get back into the huddle afterward. Or playing with a flak jacket on and a punctured lung. That's hero-stuff right there. Witten playing the week after a wired jaw? Ware, gutting out the last month of 2012? These are some pretty gnarly mama's boys we're talking about.

No doubt about it!!!!

Mansta54

Reaction score
Primetime42;5045260 said:
Donald Penn of the Tampa Bay Bucks leading up to the pregame breakdown when they went to Cowboys Stadium this year - "I hate the ****ring Cowboys! Hate em!"

Got plenty more examples if you want.

There's a ton of examples and it obvious other teams and their fans love to hate the Boyz. That's why we fill opposing stadiums everywhere we go, yea our fanbase is HUGE but folks come to see our team lose as well. Its a known fact that other teams get up to play AMERICAS TEAM. There's no doubt, there's plenty of hate out there on the Boyz and I didn't even mention the dreaded media.

Nav22

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;5045099 said:
Hate? That's a strong word and a hard one to muster against a .500 team for 17 seasons.

Who is hating? The Fans that want the Dallas Cowboys to do well.

Dallas isn't worth hating on unless a person is still disappointed with the one constant besides Jerry...which happens to be losing Cowboys Football.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...ericas-Favori/msn_landing.html?blockID=830977

The poll, however, also showed the Cowboys continue to be the "Most Hated" team in the NFL — Dallas repeated its 2011 "success" in this category with 18 percent of the vote. The Bears (11 percent) were second, followed by the Patriots (10 percent).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nav22;5045451 said:
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...ericas-Favori/msn_landing.html?blockID=830977

The poll, however, also showed the Cowboys continue to be the "Most Hated" team in the NFL — Dallas repeated its 2011 "success" in this category with 18 percent of the vote. The Bears (11 percent) were second, followed by the Patriots (10 percent).

This doesn't jive with my inherent sense of self loathing. We're not supposed to be worthy of strong emotions. And, yet, I hate them for not being a better team. I'm so conflicted.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Zordon;5044206 said:
And hopefully our 100 million dollar quarterback finally learns to trust him and doesn't start pouting everytime something doesn't click.

Dude, it really must suck to be you. To post that nonsense in this thread is ridiculous. Did you see the numbers that Dez put up last year? A receiver doesn't get those numbers from a QB that didn't trust him for much of the year. Romo probably didn't trust him early on because it was clear that they were on different pages during the early portion of the year. I don't care how much one hates Romo, that's mostly on Dez. Romo is the QB and knows the offense. Every QB makes mistakes, but he rarely has issues with guys who clearly know the offense (like Witten Crayton, LR, etc.). Dez reportedly was putting more study time in and asking more questions as the year went on and it showed. I think Romo showed quite a bit of trust in him when he threw some critical late-game passes to Dez last year. As far as your "pouting" comment - it's nonsense. With the exception of a few bad games out of 16, Romo played very well last year and wasn't exactly some pouting QB. Does he get frustrated at times when things aren't going well? Of course! So do Peyton, Brady, Aaron and all the other QBs. I also often see Romo trying to rally his team and he lead them to multiple comeback wins last year. That's not something I envision a QB doing who is too busy pouting during critical moments. Your post was a joke and sadly that's what most threads in CZ have become. It's truly a shame.

Proximo

Reaction score
BIGDen;5045576 said:
Dude, it really must suck to be you. To post that nonsense in this thread is ridiculous. Did you see the numbers that Dez put up last year? A receiver doesn't get those numbers from a QB that didn't trust him for much of the year. Romo probably didn't trust him early on because it was clear that they were on different pages during the early portion of the year. I don't care how much one hates Romo, that's mostly on Dez. Romo is the QB and knows the offense. Every QB makes mistakes, but he rarely has issues with guys who clearly know the offense (like Witten Crayton, LR, etc.). Dez reportedly was putting more study time in and asking more questions as the year went on and it showed. I think Romo showed quite a bit of trust in him when he threw some critical late-game passes to Dez last year. As far as your "pouting" comment - it's nonsense. With the exception of a few bad games out of 16, Romo played very well last year and wasn't exactly some pouting QB. Does he get frustrated at times when things aren't going well? Of course! So do Peyton, Brady, Aaron and all the other QBs. I also often see Romo trying to rally his team and he lead them to multiple comeback wins last year. That's not something I envision a QB doing who is too busy pouting during critical moments. Your post was a joke and sadly that's what most threads in CZ have become. It's truly a shame.

BOOM!

Well said. I predict you will receive either no response or one that is snarky, passive aggressive, and avoids all valid points that you made.

A WR doesn't put up numbers like Dez's last year if the QB doesn't trust him

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Nav22;5045451 said:

Many Fans of the Landry years hate Dallas the most.

Jerry Jones is what people really hate about Dallas, not the team itself.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
BIGDen;5045576 said:

Don't even bother, bro. The level of stupid that some of these guys operate on is mind boggling and not worth your time.

The Natural

Reaction score
BIGDen;5045576 said:

The Romo/Dez combination is a mutual beneficiary thing. Both of those guys (and their stats) benefit from playing with one another. It's not that Dez only put the stats he did last year because of Romo or vice versa.

Now that said his post was not a joke. If you watch the film, especially in the early part of the season it doesn't appear that Romo and Dez were on the same page. Most of the posters here would have us all believe that it was all Dez fault, he didnt run the right route, he didn't follow the hot route, he cut off his route early, etc. There never seemed be to an onus put the on the guy throwing the football. So what you (and everyone else) saw was Romo lashing out Dez, obviously showing his frustration, and at times yes..pouting. That's not very becoming of a franchise QB

Now you can say whatever you want about what other guys do. This is just what I believe: Dez is an elite WR in this league. And as I look around the league I dont see Schaub tearing into Andre Johnson, or Stafford chewing out Calvin, or Cutler having a conniption when Brandon Marshall drops a pass. As I look at this very team I don't see Romo getting into Witten when he jumps offsides, or is called for a hold, or something else detrimental to the team. So to Zordon's point lets be fair. If there's some miscommunication on the field, as a leader you pull the guy to the side, explain what you're seeing/expecting vs. what happened, and go from there. All the hand flailing, eye rolling, and lip smacking isn't going to make anyone better.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
The Natural;5046005 said:
The Romo/Dez combination is a mutual beneficiary thing. Both of those guys (and their stats) benefit from playing with one another. It's not that Dez only put the stats he did last year because of Romo or vice versa.

Now that said his post was not a joke. If you watch the film, especially in the early part of the season it doesn't appear that Romo and Dez were on the same page. Most of the posters here would have us all believe that it was all Dez fault, he didnt run the right route, he didn't follow the hot route, he cut off his route early, etc. There never seemed be to an onus put the on the guy throwing the football. So what you (and everyone else) saw was Romo lashing out Dez, obviously showing his frustration, and at times yes..pouting. That's not very becoming of a franchise QB

Now you can say whatever you want about what other guys do. This is just what I believe: Dez is an elite WR in this league. And as I look around the league I dont see Schaub tearing into Andre Johnson, or Stafford chewing out Calvin, or Cutler having a conniption when Brandon Marshall drops a pass. As I look at this very team I don't see Romo getting into Witten when he jumps offsides, or is called for a hold, or something else detrimental to the team. So to Zordon's point lets be fair. If there's some miscommunication on the field, as a leader you pull the guy to the side, explain what you're seeing/expecting vs. what happened, and go from there. All the hand flailing, eye rolling, and lip smacking isn't going to make anyone better.

You also don't see those QBs having to line up their WRs in the correct spot in week #17 either.

The fact is that Dez has taken a lot longer than Tony Romo to acclimate to the NFL. Tony has been doing this a while and has the stats to back up that he has been able to do this at a high level for years. Many more years than Dez has been in the league. I'm certain that Dez showed up and Tony suddenly forgot the play call or the route tree. :rolleyes:

Dez has had a history of being limited in his effectiveness running certain routes and executing certain play calls. But, I'm certain that's all Tony's fault, also, right?

Romo is not perfect. Not by a long shot. But it is amazing that Romo found a way to be successful with T.O., Austin, even Robinson, but the fact that Dez took 2 and a half seasons to start to become what we all thought he would become, magically, that's on Romo. Stupid at it's finest.

The Natural

Reaction score
skinsscalper;5046023 said:
You also don't see those QBs having to line up their WRs in the correct spot in week #17 either.

The fact is that Dez has taken a lot longer than Tony Romo to acclimate to the NFL. Tony has been doing this a while and has the stats to back up that he has been able to do this at a high level for years. Many more years than Dez has been in the league. I'm certain that Dez showed up and Tony suddenly forgot the play call or the route tree. :rolleyes:

Dez has had a history of being limited in his effectiveness running certain routes and executing certain play calls. But, I'm certain that's all Tony's fault, also, right?

Romo is not perfect. Not by a long shot. But it is amazing that Romo found a way to be successful with T.O., Austin, even Robinson, but the fact that Dez took 2 and a half seasons to start to become what we all thought he would become, magically, that's on Romo. Stupid at it's finest.

And where did you see that in my post? TO is an all time great, Austin is supremely talented, they could succeed anywhere. Dez was lighting it up with Jon Kitna at QB and he seemed to line up just fine.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
The Natural;5046062 said:
And where did you see that in my post? TO is an all time great, Austin is supremely talented, they could succeed anywhere. Dez was lighting it up with Jon Kitna at QB and he seemed to line up just fine.

You're right. 206 yards and 3 TDs in 6 games with John Kitna was really "lighting it up". I just wish we had Kitna around still to REALLY tap into Dez's potential.:rolleyes: Your babble is just that. Babble. Hot air without a single fact to back it up. But carry on. The more you post, the more you re-affirm the notion that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

The Natural

Reaction score
skinsscalper;5046205 said:
You're right. 206 yards and 3 TDs in 6 games with John Kitna was really "lighting it up". I just wish we had Kitna around still to REALLY tap into Dez's potential.:rolleyes: Your babble is just that. Babble. Hot air without a single fact to back it up. But carry on. The more you post, the more you re-affirm the notion that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

For a rookie? yep that sure is. Admins made a nice feature here called 'ignore', if you dont like what I post, use it. Not going to hurt my feelings one bit.