Dez Bryant, I'm sorry

plymkr

Reaction score
Dez had a good showing today. He didn't score any TDs but he had some crucial catches to move the chains and went over the century mark with yardage. I breathed a big sigh of relief. Going against Norman I was worried Norman would shut him down. But Dez outplayed their secondary, Norman included, and got the job done.

Man I'm so relieved, the last thing this team needs is a declining Dez. Today was very encouraging that last week was a fluke and last year was all injury.

I'm man enough to get back on here and admit I freaked out a little bit last week, cuz this is one of those situations being wrong feels pretty good. Keep killing them #88

O yeah regarding Garret and how hard I was on him, ya I'm not sorry about.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Dez had a good showing today. He didn't score any TDs but he had some crucial catches to move the chains and went over the century mark with yardage. I breathed a big sigh of relief. Going against Norman I was worried Norman would shut him down. But Dez outplayed their secondary, Norman included, and got the job done.

Man I'm so relieved, the last thing this team needs is a declining Dez. Today was very encouraging that last week was a fluke and last year was all injury.

I'm man enough to get back on here and admit I freaked out a little bit last week, cuz this is one of those situations being wrong feels pretty good. Keep killing them #88

O yeah regarding Garret and how hard I was on him, ya I'm not sorry about.
regards Garrett why's that

plymkr

Reaction score
Why I'm not sorry that I was hard on Garrett? I'm still not convinced he's head coach material. I still think his game planning and offensive scheme needs a little work. One divisional road win with a backup QB doesn't make him a great coach. So for me Garrett still has a little more to prove.

But I will admit that I saw them move Dez around more and he got rid of the Witten screen pass. So I'll admit Garrett had a better game today but I still wish we had someone else who isn't a "coach in training ".

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Why I'm not sorry that I was hard on Garrett? I'm still not convinced he's head coach material. I still think his game planning and offensive scheme needs a little work. One divisional road win with a backup QB doesn't make him a great coach. So for me Garrett still has a little more to prove.

But I will admit that I saw them move Dez around more and he got rid of the Witten screen pass. So I'll admit Garrett had a better game today but I still wish we had someone else who isn't a "coach in training ".

Makes you wonder why it takes so much heat from media/fans before Garrett finally decides to start getting a little creative with how he uses Dez.

plymkr

Reaction score
Makes you wonder why it takes so much heat from media/fans before Garrett finally decides to start getting a little creative with how he uses Dez.
I agree, you'd think having Dez on your team it would be a given that he would be made a priority.

plymkr

Reaction score
Well in all honesty Norman did pretty much shut him down. I am pretty certain all of his catches came against players not named Norman. What is surprising is the mugging/s Norman gave him all day with no calls.
Ya, there was a couple times I was yelling at the TV "where's the flag?". But I would like to watch the game again to see who he got his yards off of. I hope this game is on the replay game of the week for NFL network replay. I'm just glad Norman didn't lock Dez up mentally like what happened last year on thanksgiving.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Well in all honesty Norman did pretty much shut him down. I am pretty certain all of his catches came against players not named Norman. What is surprising is the mugging/s Norman gave him all day with no calls.
Im glad Im not the only one that was wondering this.

NickZepp

Reaction score
One game and people thought our offensive line and Dez Bryant stunk. We nearly beat a good Giants team without our strengths showing up. That's not a bad thing.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I did the same thing-I flipped out at Dez last week.

This game served to calm my fears. It was the first time Dez had a real impact in weeks.

The plan should always be to move him around the formation like we saw today.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I did the same thing-I flipped out at Dez last week.

This game served to calm my fears. It was the first time Dez had a real impact in weeks.

The plan should always be to move him around the formation like we saw today.

Every great WR is moved around to get favorable matchups. What happened yesterday with Dez being on the move should be the norm.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Athletes are human and can't be expected to perform at peak form each and every week. Oftentimes we never really know for sure if they have a soreness of some kind that inhibits their effectiveness. Last week vs. NY might have simply been one of his bad days. Anyhow, it's good to see him snapping out of it and producing like the Dez we've enjoyed seeing in the past. Evidently, it was T-Will's turn to be in a slump vs. the Commanders.

birdwells1

Reaction score
What is even more surprising is Dez out- weighs him by a good 20-25 lbs and is certainly stronger but Norman seems to win most of the match ups.
When that moved Dez away from Norman he ran crossing routes or routes that took Kim away from the defender. When going against Norman he ran go routes and stop routes, in my opinion the way to beat man coverage is to run routes that have a sudden change of direction.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
It seemed like he got most of his catches/yards on the exact same route against the exact same dude.

Breeland might not even be that terrible of a CB (he probably is), but being across from Norman is just going to keep the spotlight on him. His confidence is probably taking a serious beating. Sucks to be him. Good for us though.

LittleD

Reaction score

It surely wasn't from the media or fans. Jerry called down and told him to throw it to Dez even in double coverage or else. Jerry
also said the same thing to the media. Jerry calls the shots and the plays, book it!