Dez Bryant, I'm sorry

superonyx

Reaction score
When you have opposing teams defensive coordinators scratching their heads and willing to speak to the media about your coaches lack of creativity in using a player of Dez's caliber than you have a real issue.

Not trying to be rude to some fans but.... If you were one of the people who came down on Dez for last week you really need to remember this for the next time you want rip a player for production. Reason being, this game is very complex and any player can be schemed out of the game by the opposing defenses. Not being able to see and understand this shows a lack of understanding of the X's and O's of the game..

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
And for some inexplicable reason Garrett will most likely stop moving Dez around next week and he will have minimal impact on the game again.

I've learned Red can't be trusted to keep doing the smart thing even when it is obvious that it needs to continue.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm not sorry about anything. Week 1 was not the first time Dez was nowhere to be found or dropped catchable TD passes. You can argue its Garrett's fault for not being creative but who cares who's fault it is. I just want it fixed. He is supposed to be a top 5 WR so I want top 5 production. If that means Garrett needs to adjust, fine. If it means Dez needs to work harder and give better effort, that's fine too. If it's both, great. Just figure it out and get it done.

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm not sorry about anything. Week 1 was not the first time Dez was nowhere to be found or dropped catchable TD passes. You can argue its Garrett's fault for not being creative but who cares who's fault it is. I just want it fixed. He is supposed to be a top 5 WR so I want top 5 production. If that means Garrett needs to adjust, fine. If it means Dez needs to work harder and give better effort, that's fine too. If it's both, great. Just figure it out and get it done.
Haha...so you don't care to actually understand what's really going on or who's to blame for a lack of production...you just want to blame someone and not care if you are going off on the wrong person...
Does this carry over to real life also or is this your football strategy?
Weird stuff my man.

Pokes12

Reaction score
And for some inexplicable reason Garrett will most likely stop moving Dez around next week and he will have minimal impact on the game again.

I've learned Red can't be trusted to keep doing the smart thing even when it is obvious that it needs to continue.
I cannot believe the press is giving Red Ball a good grade for yesterday's fiasco. The deadskins should have been mauled by our offense but they were not. Two good plays to our tight ends until the skins decided to stop Dak's role outs when it was obvious we were not going to be able to establish the run. Hard to believe with this offensive line and Zeke, Morris and Dunbar and throw in a little Lucky that we cannot establish the run. Result, you need a rookie QB to play Romo and win the day. This formula has disaster written all over it. And the defense. Please, our pass rush could not pressure Our Sisters of Mercy, flag football team. We are toast until we figure out effective blitz packages.

Same old same old Red Ball. No creativity, no energy, no signs of doing it differently. Let's just do it the way Red thinks it should be done. That is his mantra. Until he is gone, and we get a real coach more of the same is in the cards. 20 more years of mediocrity.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well in all honesty Norman did pretty much shut him down. I am pretty certain all of his catches came against players not named Norman. What is surprising is the mugging/s Norman gave him all day with no calls.

That's correct, but Dez was getting open against Norman. The throws just weren't there.

Norman is a heckuva player, but so is Dez and I don't think one is going to dominate the other.

YR

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Haha...so you don't care to actually understand what's really going on or who's to blame for a lack of production...you just want to blame someone and not care if you are going off on the wrong person...
Does this carry over to real life also or is this your football strategy?
Weird stuff my man.

Since I'm not affiliated in any way with the team and have zero input into the matter, no I don't care why or who is to blame. All I care as a fan is that those that have the ability to fix it figure it out and fix it. I'm not going to waste my time trying to analyze the minutia of what is wrong with something I have no bearing on. I spend enough time watching the games as it is. The team pays so called experts and talented players a lot of money to figure this stuff out and put a winner on the field so I'll just let them handle it and go about my life.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
That's correct, but Dez was getting open against Norman. The throws just weren't there.

Norman is a heckuva player, but so is Dez and I don't think one is going to dominate the other.

YR

That's pretty standard for a rookie QB. Rookies tend to want to see a bit more daylight in coverage before they turn it loose. That's one of the reasons it'll be nice to have Romo back when he's healthy.

superonyx

Reaction score
Since I'm not affiliated in any way with the team and have zero input into the matter, no I don't care why or who is to blame. All I care as a fan is that those that have the ability to fix it figure it out and fix it. I'm not going to waste my time trying to analyze the minutia of what is wrong with something I have no bearing on. I spend enough time watching the games as it is. The team pays so called experts and talented players a lot of money to figure this stuff out and put a winner on the field so I'll just let them handle it and go about my life.
Except that you take the time to post 4,800 post on a fan message board. So you spend plenty of time on the Cowboys. Just not a little extra caring if your rant is pointed at the right direction.

I guess any thread can be replied to saying you don't care just fix it...

NorTex

Reaction score
I thought Dez played "Keyshawn Johnson-solid". Where's the playmaker though?

MileyDancer

Reaction score
You shouldnt be sorry for being hard on Garrett. It took media and fan backlash for him to get the ball to his #1 receiver more than twice in a game. How sad is that?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Dez had a good showing today. He didn't score any TDs but he had some crucial catches to move the chains and went over the century mark with yardage. I breathed a big sigh of relief. Going against Norman I was worried Norman would shut him down. But Dez outplayed their secondary, Norman included, and got the job done.

Man I'm so relieved, the last thing this team needs is a declining Dez. Today was very encouraging that last week was a fluke and last year was all injury.

I'm man enough to get back on here and admit I freaked out a little bit last week, cuz this is one of those situations being wrong feels pretty good. Keep killing them #88

O yeah regarding Garret and how hard I was on him, ya I'm not sorry about.

Well technically, I don't think Norman gave up a catch vs. Dez. Even knocked a would've been catch out of Dez's hands at the last moment on a 2nd and 12.

dbonham

Reaction score
Man Norman sure seems to be the real deal- I was expecting him to regress playing for a worse team. Dez will keep playing well as long as we don't ask him to streak 30 times a game. Dak will need to start throwing his WRs open, teams will not keep allowing that TE leak stuff forever. Jason Garrett is a veteran head coach now, not sure what this coach in training stuff is, look around the league.

Section446

Reaction score
He's still just another second-tier WR, not a game-breaker like we need.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When you have opposing teams defensive coordinators scratching their heads and willing to speak to the media about your coaches lack of creativity in using a player of Dez's caliber than you have a real issue.

Not trying to be rude to some fans but.... If you were one of the people who came down on Dez for last week you really need to remember this for the next time you want rip a player for production. Reason being, this game is very complex and any player can be schemed out of the game by the opposing defenses. Not being able to see and understand this shows a lack of understanding of the X's and O's of the game..

The thing the Cowboys have to do IMO is when all of the Downfield stuff with Dez is schemed out we still need to get the ball in his hands and we don't need to hit him 25 yards down field to make that happen and we don't need to be satisfied with trying to beat opponents with Witten and Beasley.

IMO, the way Demaryius Thomas in Denver is used is optimal for the Dallas Cowboys and Dez Bryant.

I'm not asking for the Cowboys to go full Julio or Antonio Brown and just constantly force him the ball but the way Demrayius is used would put Dez back in the discussion for best WR in football because he is just that good. Right now we can't even have that discussion because we have totally deflated Dez Mania.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dez had a good showing today. He didn't score any TDs but he had some crucial catches to move the chains and went over the century mark with yardage. I breathed a big sigh of relief. Going against Norman I was worried Norman would shut him down. But Dez outplayed their secondary, Norman included, and got the job done.

Man I'm so relieved, the last thing this team needs is a declining Dez. Today was very encouraging that last week was a fluke and last year was all injury.

I'm man enough to get back on here and admit I freaked out a little bit last week, cuz this is one of those situations being wrong feels pretty good. Keep killing them #88

O yeah regarding Garret and how hard I was on him, ya I'm not sorry about.

For as good as he is he is one of the worst route runners I have EVER seen. Most routes are rounded off. This is the big reason he gets little separation. Its why he gets tackled almost immediately after the catch. And Dak is putting these balls in great position for a run after the catch.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For as good as he is he is one of the worst route runners I have EVER seen. Most routes are rounded off. This is the big reason he gets little separation. Its why he gets tackled almost immediately after the catch. And Dak is putting these balls in great position for a run after the catch.
Dez used to be known for his RAC. What happened?