Dez Bryant, I'm sorry

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Dez had a good showing today. He didn't score any TDs but he had some crucial catches to move the chains and went over the century mark with yardage. I breathed a big sigh of relief. Going against Norman I was worried Norman would shut him down. But Dez outplayed their secondary, Norman included, and got the job done.

Man I'm so relieved, the last thing this team needs is a declining Dez. Today was very encouraging that last week was a fluke and last year was all injury.

I'm man enough to get back on here and admit I freaked out a little bit last week, cuz this is one of those situations being wrong feels pretty good. Keep killing them #88

O yeah regarding Garret and how hard I was on him, ya I'm not sorry about.

I think we made it a focal point to get him the ball. Not sure why we didn't do that against NY

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Dez criticism after Week 1 was so uniformed and knee jerk.

Sorry, but some of the folks who participated in those threads stridently lambasting Dez should wear their shame like a scarlet letter for awhile.

Thomas82

Reaction score
That's pretty standard for a rookie QB. Rookies tend to want to see a bit more daylight in coverage before they turn it loose. That's one of the reasons it'll be nice to have Romo back when he's healthy.

That's true. In college, the QB throws to the open receiver, and in the NFL the QB throws the receiver open. That's a big adjustment for QBs to make when they get to the NFL.

plymkr

Reaction score
The Dez criticism after Week 1 was so uniformed and knee jerk.

Sorry, but some of the folks who participated in those threads stridently lambasting Dez should wear their shame like a scarlet letter for awhile.
Dude I started a thread admitting that I was wrong and saying sorry to Dez. I'm wearing my scarlet letter and I'll be glad to put it on every week if he drops a 100 yard game and keeps the offense rolling. But I also now that you're not solely directing this post at me. I want to go on record saying that if I'm wrong I'll admit that I'm wrong and I'm not saying Dez is completely back to normal but I was freaked out by his game 1 performance and knee jerked.

Not to make excuses but a lot of my knee jerk reaction was because Dez is one of my favorite players. Dez, Witten and Romo. and it hurts to see Romo and Witten's career fading away. I went nuts thinking that Dez could be fading also.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
He's still just another second-tier WR, not a game-breaker like we need.
Tell me what makes a guy first tier? Let me guess before you answer. Beating double teams right? Lol I hope you have something more creative than that but I'm interested in your response.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Man I'm so relieved, the last thing this team needs is a declining Dez. Today was very encouraging that last week was a fluke and last year was all injury.

It's one game and he needs to show some consistency. If he has 3 catches for 34 yards next Sunday night and no TD's the concerns about him will start up again. He's not scoring but Dak isn't throwing TD's either. With the chemistry Dez and Romo have developed over the years he would be more productive with Romo but with Romo's career winding down he needs to
develop some chemistry with Dak and he should in time.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It's one game and he needs to show some consistency. If he has 3 catches for 34 yards next Sunday night and no TD's the concerns about him will start up again. He's not scoring but Dak isn't throwing TD's either. With the chemistry Dez and Romo have developed over the years he would be more productive with Romo but with Romo's career winding down he needs to develop some chemistry with Dak and he should in time.

Your basic level of understanding of the game is in question if you surmise what's happening by simply looking at a stat sheet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Your basic level of understanding of the game is in question if you surmise what's happening by simply looking at a stat sheet.

Your basic understanding of anything is in question. Go play games with someone else. A stat sheet shows how a receiver played, they're judged by their production. Anyone who has a clue about football knows that.