Dez Bryant is a musician now

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo2

Reaction score
Some of the replies in this thread:

The Angry Photographer: aka 'Old Man Yells at Cloud' - Mark Galer'Old Man Yells at Cloud' - Mark Galer
Crap is crap.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Sounds decent, but is a vocalist who neither plays any instruments nor can falsetto technically a musician?
Depends upon what you call an instrument. I'm technically a musician because I published a 10 second jingle I made using an online sequencer.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I love Dez, but rapping isn't music. It's noise.

It is music, if you go by the literal definition of music - “vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony”

Synthesizers and drum beats are instruments, even if you don’t like them.

Not to mention there are absolutely killer rap albums featuring genres like jazz, like the entirety of Kendrick Lamar’s magnum opus album To Pimp a Butterfly.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It is music, if you go by the literal definition of music - “vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony”

Not to mention there are absolutely killer rap albums featuring genres like jazz, like the entirety of Kendrick Lamar’s magnum opus album To Pimp a Butterfly.
Here's something I find good to introduce people to rap. (Or something outside their norm) Kendrick Lamar teaming up with Imagine Dragons. Great performance.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Some of the replies in this thread:

The Angry Photographer: aka 'Old Man Yells at Cloud' - Mark Galer'Old Man Yells at Cloud' - Mark Galer
Some people act you cannot like the music you liked in high school and today’s music at the same time.

There is some AMAZING music being released today, and some of it is in the rap genre.

I feel bad for people who choose to limit their taste in music because they have already decided to write off entire genres.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

There is harmony, there is melody and there is rhythm in music. Rap only fulfills one of these, the rhythm section. There's not a lot of melody and there's not a lot of harmony. And thus, effectively, it is basically spoken rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.