Dez Bryant out of shape

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;3383970 said:
I thought Bryant had been suspended for the majority of his final season at Oklahoma State. :confused:

Okay you got me DE 11 months....:rolleyes:

He played what 3 games his last season?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I agree with a bunch of the people who say "the guy was out of football for a long time" it will take him a bit to get used to it again

interestedobserver

Reaction score
CATCH17;3383459 said:
I hope the coaches ride Dez all weekend. It will be good for him.

It's time to get to work.

He's probably been partying hard. This is where the veterans got to get on his ***. The partying and being out of shape is a bad sign. How he reacts will go a long way toward showing what kind of player he will be.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Bryant didn't look sluggish in the clips shown on NFL Network. Maybe they sped up the tape.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Quest for Six;3383461 said:
he's running routes against AIR, how hard is it to catch every thing thrown his way...

A couple of the catches he managed to pull in were difficult even running routes against air.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
KJJ;3384565 said:
A couple of the catches he managed to pull in were difficult even running routes against air.

Is that Jamar Wall's new nickname?

Jamal "Air" Wall?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3383862 said:
Within 2 years Dez Bryant will prove to be the best WR we have had since Michael Irvin.

Want to make a bet? Im being serious, not trying to be a toolbag-Miles Austin mark.

I reckon in 2 years everyone(within reason) will recognize Austin as the best WR since Irvin.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
AdamJT13;3384573 said:
Is that Jamar Wall's new nickname?

Jamal "Air" Wall?

I didn't say Bryant wasn't being covered just making the point those two catches were difficult even had he been running routes against air.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
The next coming of Drew Pearson and Michael Irvin is gassed after sitting out of football for the last 7 months, and this thread is over ten pages long? I'll wager he is dynamite in August, when it counts.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
FLcowboy;3384589 said:
The next coming of Drew Pearson and Michael Irvin is gassed after sitting out of football for the last 7 months, and this thread is over ten pages long? I'll wager he is dynamite in August, when it counts.

Child please.

If everyone else can make ridiculous comments about a rookie WR why can't I about someone who has just led the NFC in receiving yards over 11 starts? I find it unfair.

Also this is not intended to be an anti-Dez comment, but more a comment pointing out how you all are hypocrites; If this was Roy Williams or Bobby Carpenter getting winded during practice, this thread would be "cut him now" "see he's useless", but since it is everyones pet cat in Dez Bryant there are excuses generated by nearly everyone. The guy was not in football shape while going threw the process, thats obviously a fact. He got lazy and didnt workout as hard as he should've thats an obvious fact. Heres to hoping he gets himself in shape for the season. :beer:

I hope you all are right about Dez, I really do; But honestly he is not some second coming of all-time greats, he is a rookie WR who had Russell Okung blocking for Zac Robinson, not exactly a terrible supporting cast. Combined with the fact you guys are comparing him to hall of famers and all time great WR's its getting absolutely nuts. Its as insane as me saying Jesse Holley is more talented than Jerry Rice (That is a methaphor.)

Im trying hard to explain myself here, but I know all that will come of this post are people mocking me for not seeing Dez as the greatest WR of all time, so i'll stop now and just wait for me to be proven right by play on the field.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;3384268 said:
Okay you got me DE 11 months....:rolleyes:

He played what 3 games his last season?
Yep, Georgia, Houston and Rice, but that wasn't not eleven months ago.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DallasEast;3384592 said:
Yep, Georgia, Houston and Rice, but that wasn't not eleven months ago.

One report said his conditioning was lacking as it was with alot of the players in attendance. Him being in condition is the last thing I'm worried about because he'll be whipped into football shape this summer. As long as he's showing the pass catching skills we saw at OSU I consider today a good start.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KJJ;3384609 said:
One report said his conditioning was lacking as it was with alot of the players in attendance. Him being in condition is the last thing I'm worried about because he'll be whipped into football shape this summer. As long as he's showing the pass catching skills we saw at OSU I consider today a good start.
Good, because I'm not concerned one iota about neither his conditioning nor receiving skills.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DallasEast;3384613 said:
Good, because I'm not concerned one iota about neither his conditioning nor receiving skills.

His receiving skills are tremendous you can't teach what I see him doing on film but you can whip any receiver into condition.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KJJ;3384623 said:
His receiving skills are tremendous you can't teach that what I see him doing on film but you can whip any receiver into condition.
It's April. Why anyone is freaking to any degree about Bryant's conditioning now is mind-boggling.

evarc

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3384590 said:
Child please.

If everyone else can make ridiculous comments about a rookie WR why can't I about someone who has just led the NFC in receiving yards over 11 starts? I find it unfair.

Also this is not intended to be an anti-Dez comment, but more a comment pointing out how you all are hypocrites; If this was Roy Williams or Bobby Carpenter getting winded during practice, this thread would be "cut him now" "see he's useless", but since it is everyones pet cat in Dez Bryant there are excuses generated by nearly everyone. The guy was not in football shape while going threw the process, thats obviously a fact. He got lazy and didnt workout as hard as he should've thats an obvious fact. Heres to hoping he gets himself in shape for the season. :beer:

I hope you all are right about Dez, I really do; But honestly he is not some second coming of all-time greats, he is a rookie WR who had Russell Okung blocking for Zac Robinson, not exactly a terrible supporting cast. Combined with the fact you guys are comparing him to hall of famers and all time great WR's its getting absolutely nuts. Its as insane as me saying Jesse Holley is more talented than Jerry Rice (That is a methaphor.)

Im trying hard to explain myself here, but I know all that will come of this post are people mocking me for not seeing Dez as the greatest WR of all time, so i'll stop now and just wait for me to be proven right by play on the field.
Dude you do realize that it is coaches and scouts that are comparing him to greats right? Sherman who has coached Moss and Owens said he could be just as good.
Moss coach from college was also the coach for dez and said he is better then moss. We are just talking about it.
You are just upset that he may overshadow Miles and that KO wont get the touches he would have if Bryant wasnt here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DallasEast;3384630 said:
It's April. Why anyone is freaking to any degree about Bryant's conditioning now is mind-boggling.

It's all because of the concerns about his character and that he didn't seem prepared for his pro day. He's going to be heavily scrutinized.