Dez Bryant out of shape

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
evarc;3384649 said:
Dude you do realize that it is coaches and scouts that are comparing him to greats right? Sherman who has coached Moss and Owens said he could be just as good.
Moss coach from college was also the coach for dez and said he is better then moss. We are just talking about it.
You are just upset that he may overshadow Miles and that KO wont get the touches he would have if Bryant wasnt here.

Not really, if it helps the team I don't mind, plus it will be taking away from RW11 not M.A, and I would prefer to start Jesse Holley of RW11 since I would trust Holley in the clutch more than Roy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KJJ;3384651 said:
It's all because of the concerns about his character and that he didn't seem prepared for his pro day. He's going to be heavily scrutinized.
There's scrutiny; and then there's paranoia. Bryant will be in football shape well before the regular season starts.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Joe Realist;3384661 said:
Antonio Bryant!!

Not even the same player I liked when the Cowboys drafted Bryant in the 2nd round he was a 1st round talent and worthy of the gamble but the dude had more issues than Dez has and had a lot more red flags then Dez. Was Antonio talented yes but he wasted that talent

evarc

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3384652 said:
Not really, if it helps the team I don't mind, plus it will be taking away from RW11 not M.A, and I would prefer to start Jesse Holley of RW11 since I would trust Holley in the clutch more than Roy.
thank god you dont have a job with the team....

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I don't really see what difference it makes to anyone if the fans love Dez, really. He is a Cowboy, what is the harm for fans to cheer for a rookie? It's not like they have any power over anything anyway.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
This isn't surprizing guys, afterall Dez already said that he wasn't in football shape.

Seeing him dominate without being in top physical condition is unbelievable, apparently he's still got "it".

Once he's in top physical condition it's going to be alot of fun!

:yourock:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DallasEast;3384657 said:
There's scrutiny; and then there's paranoia. Bryant will be in football shape well before the regular season starts.

Training camp will get him in football shape he better be in football shape when he arrives.

newlander

Reaction score
How is this news? He looked COMPLETELY out of shape last week when they drafted him but.......he hasn't played in over six months. They'll whip his arse into shape. Not worried.....yet.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Better now than in september. He'll be fine. He's a pro athlete now, and no way the coaches will let him slack off. This is not a huge deal on April 30th.
The offseason sucks.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You mean this is something people actually DIDN'T expect?

The dude hasn't played football in several months now. It's not shocking, in the least, that he's in less than football shape coming in at this point. The guy will have that back in no time.

This is a non-issue.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;3383442 said:
The Cowboys are close to wrapping up their first of two workouts today with the rookies, and Dez Bryant has struggled.
He's caught just about everything thrown his way, including a spectacular, one-handed grab with his left hand on a ball thrown on a comeback route. It looked like he stabbed his arm out to catch a nerf ball, not a football.
But after almost every route, Bryant has walked off to the side of the field to rest. After one play he took off his helmet, used it to prop himself up and bent down on one knee for nearly a minute. He would constantly take his helmet off and wipe his face with a towel during drills when the other rookies would not.
At one point, Wade Phillips said, "Come on, 88'' from the other side of the field.
Could make for a long second session.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2010/04/rough-first-workout-for-dez-br.html

Not a good way to start your NFL carreer....

The kid caught every thing thrown to him...That is encouraging,

The out of football shape is expected given that he hasn't played in how long?

We get it, you hate the pick

Get over it...the news looks good. It is expected that he would not be in football shape.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DallasEast;3384778 said:
You have doubts?

I haven't followed his career enough to know what kind of a work ethic he has but him not being in condition for his pro day was a little concerning. This was part of why some teams passed on him. There's no doubt after camp he'll be in condition the Cowboys will see to that I just hope Dez has a good work ethic. He has loads of talent but it's the players who work hard that become great players.

montgod

Reaction score
KJJ;3384993 said:
I haven't followed his career enough to know what kind of a work ethic he has but him not being in condition for his pro day was a little concerning. This was part of why some teams passed on him. There's no doubt after camp he'll be in condition the Cowboys will see to that I just hope Dez has a good work ethic. He has loads of talent but it's the players who work hard that become great players.

Didn't you hear? It was all a conspiracy (i.e. Deion meeting, suspension, Dez's outburst interview before draft, etc.) so that he could slide to Dallas in the draft.

T-RO

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3383534 said:
Well we finally have our reason to do this.

applyBrakePedal.jpg

Just a tap is good. :laugh1:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Quest for Six;3383442 said:
Not a good way to start your NFL carreer....

His NFL career does not start until he signs a contract and that is probably at least 2 or so months away.

-Reality

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Reality;3385097 said:
His NFL career does not start until he signs a contract and that is probably at least 2 or so months away.

-Reality

Why bother them with facts when they are consumed with the endeavor of building the foundations of irrationality on the deepest of sands?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KJJ;3384993 said:
So, basically, you are concerned now (e.g. the present) about something which you acknowledge will not be a concern in the near future (a.k.a. the regular season), but you reserve the right of reverting back to being concerned as soon as the season ends?

This non-issue's effect on some is wack.