Dez Bryant promoted to Ravens active roster

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So now the goal post is "he was offered backup type money" since "nobody wanted him" turned out now to be true? Make up your mind..
So he was either mistaken that nobody wanted Dez or he knew teams wanted Dez but was intentionally lying.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Since some things are a little over your head it doesn't matter what publication names something that was published that isn't true, they then leave themselves open for a law suite. Here's another thing that because they chose to say according to instead of our source is, is nothing more than you not being able to add 1 + 1 = 2.. By saying according to is naming their source. So if some place like SI had an article that said according to Pro Football Focus Bryant led the league in drops for 2017 it wouldn't count because they didn't say our source is Pro Football Focus? Now I'm not saying SI did, only showing that saying according to is naming a source and I'll take a publication that it's entire business is football stats over the sports department of a newspaper.

Okay find pro football focus actually stating what you said and not some high school kid's anecdote then we'll talk. If you are to obtuse to understand that the credibility of the source of information matters then.. well I guess you end up parroting a bunch of false crap don't you.. I cannot find anything on PFF that states anything remotely close to stating that Dez "led the NFL in drops in 2017" I did find this article there about Dez that stated that he was seeing far less catchable balls ..

Here's an excerpt from the article

"
Between 2012-2014, 70.0 percent of the pass attempts thrown Bryant’s way were deemed catchable (three-year NFL average: 67.4 percent). Bryant took full advantage when given the chance, scoring 41 touchdowns to go along with 2.25 yards per route run which was seventh-most out of 63 receivers with at least 1000 snaps in route during that time. Since then however, the percentage of catchable targets seen by Dez has plummeted, creating a domino effect that permeates across the box score. Just 155-of-260 pass attempts aimed at Bryant since the beginning of 2015 have been catchable targets. His 59.6 percent catchable target rate over the last three years ranks 50th out of 51 WRs with min 200 targets during that span of time."

So basically from 2015 to 2017 Dez was getting crapola thrown his say.. More telling however is the conclusion of the article:

"Despite it all, Bryant still sits with a good overall grade at 81.7, which ranks 20th out of 116 qualifying WRs. Combine that with all of the aforementioned information, and there are plenty of reasons to believe Dez still has enough left in the tank to be considered a No. 1 WR, even if he hasn't put up the similar numbers that his lofty standards demand."

So Dez was ranked 20th out of 116 qualifiers in his grade.. But somewhere along the way somebody read them to have said he "led the NFL in drops?" Again I say.. find it and then we will talk.. "WHen I search for the phrase Dez Bryant led the NFL in drops " the only result that comes back is your high school article. The closest I can find was a quote on "thelandryhat" which quoted this "“Dez Bryant has seen 60 catchable targets this season, 11th-most among wide receivers,” wrote Aaron Jones for Pro Football Focus. “Unfortunately, Bryant has had issues with drops, dropping seven of those passes, tied for the fourth-most among wide receivers. His drop rate of 11.67 currently ranks 17th among 84 qualifying wide receivers.”" So this guy said Dez ranked 4th in drops with 7.
Like I said at the beginning.. drops are a tricky stat to go by because it's so subjective. Dez dropped more balls in his last three seasons in Dallas than we were used to seeing. But I don't think he ever "led the NFL in drops." Not with Michael Crabtree still in the league.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Okay find pro football focus actually stating what you said and not some high school kid's anecdote then we'll talk. If you are to obtuse to understand that the credibility of the source of information matters then.. well I guess you end up parroting a bunch of false crap don't you.. I cannot find anything on PFF that states anything remotely close to stating that Dez "led the NFL in drops in 2017" I did find this article there about Dez that stated that he was seeing far less catchable balls ..

Here's an excerpt from the article

"
Between 2012-2014, 70.0 percent of the pass attempts thrown Bryant’s way were deemed catchable (three-year NFL average: 67.4 percent). Bryant took full advantage when given the chance, scoring 41 touchdowns to go along with 2.25 yards per route run which was seventh-most out of 63 receivers with at least 1000 snaps in route during that time. Since then however, the percentage of catchable targets seen by Dez has plummeted, creating a domino effect that permeates across the box score. Just 155-of-260 pass attempts aimed at Bryant since the beginning of 2015 have been catchable targets. His 59.6 percent catchable target rate over the last three years ranks 50th out of 51 WRs with min 200 targets during that span of time."

So basically from 2015 to 2017 Dez was getting crapola thrown his say.. More telling however is the conclusion of the article:

"Despite it all, Bryant still sits with a good overall grade at 81.7, which ranks 20th out of 116 qualifying WRs. Combine that with all of the aforementioned information, and there are plenty of reasons to believe Dez still has enough left in the tank to be considered a No. 1 WR, even if he hasn't put up the similar numbers that his lofty standards demand."

So Dez was ranked 20th out of 116 qualifiers in his grade.. But somewhere along the way somebody read them to have said he "led the NFL in drops?" Again I say.. find it and then we will talk.. "WHen I search for the phrase Dez Bryant led the NFL in drops " the only result that comes back is your high school article. The closest I can find was a quote on "thelandryhat" which quoted this "“Dez Bryant has seen 60 catchable targets this season, 11th-most among wide receivers,” wrote Aaron Jones for Pro Football Focus. “Unfortunately, Bryant has had issues with drops, dropping seven of those passes, tied for the fourth-most among wide receivers. His drop rate of 11.67 currently ranks 17th among 84 qualifying wide receivers.”" So this guy said Dez ranked 4th in drops with 7.
Like I said at the beginning.. drops are a tricky stat to go by because it's so subjective. Dez dropped more balls in his last three seasons in Dallas than we were used to seeing. But I don't think he ever "led the NFL in drops." Not with Michael Crabtree still in the league.
Remind me not to argue with you wo doing my research..Respect :thumbup:

tico

Reaction score
I'm sure all coaching staffs know more than me and that's why Bryant has sat ideally by with all those other coaching staffs. It's not Bryant was weighing offers from a bunch of teams, no he had to wait not ONCE in 2018, but TWICE now in 2020 until a team was hard up enough to contact Bryant. Don't go with your implications when I can read a calendar and how long in between offers for Bryant.
Don't spin this, he's on a NFL roster so you're opinión of him and skill is peanuts bro... nothing to argue

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Remind me not to argue with you wo doing my research..Respect :thumbup:

Thanks bro.. People get caught up in narratives that they have heard mediots utter all too often. Most of this stuff can be easily researched if one is of a mind to. I watched every snap of Dez Byran't career in Dallas. I don't ever recall his leading the league in drops. I hated that he was dropping so many that last year .. but I thought some of it had to do with Dak's ball placement and some had to do with his own aging process. I honestly think his eyesight changed on him. It happens to most of us as we approach 30. A lot of athletes just go get lasik when it happens to them. Dez never did.. so instead he was going to have to learn how to play with eyes that did not track the ball the same way they did before because they are not slower to focus and to adjust to changing light conditions. That's just biology. I just don't think Dez is quite cerebral enough to realize that. I guarantee you that when Amari Cooper starts creeping up on 30 and his eyesight changes you will be reading about him getting lasik surgery. I think somebody on the Cowboys staff should have had Dez do it too. But then maybe they told him to and Dez, being an old country boy was too scared/old fashioned to go through it. My 83 year old dad refuses cataract surgery for much the same reason. Which means at some point he's going to be completely blind.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How did he perform today?

I only caught the second half.. I think he was only in for a couple of snaps.. no targets in the time I watched.. but they were running the ball down the Colts' throat so they didn't throw all that much anyway. I wanna say Jackson only had like 21 or 22 pass attempts.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Thanks bro.. People get caught up in narratives that they have heard mediots utter all too often. Most of this stuff can be easily researched if one is of a mind to. I watched every snap of Dez Byran't career in Dallas. I don't ever recall his leading the league in drops. I hated that he was dropping so many that last year .. but I thought some of it had to do with Dak's ball placement and some had to do with his own aging process. I honestly think his eyesight changed on him. It happens to most of us as we approach 30. A lot of athletes just go get lasik when it happens to them. Dez never did.. so instead he was going to have to learn how to play with eyes that did not track the ball the same way they did before because they are not slower to focus and to adjust to changing light conditions. That's just biology. I just don't think Dez is quite cerebral enough to realize that. I guarantee you that when Amari Cooper starts creeping up on 30 and his eyesight changes you will be reading about him getting lasik surgery. I think somebody on the Cowboys staff should have had Dez do it too. But then maybe they told him to and Dez, being an old country boy was too scared/old fashioned to go through it. My 83 year old dad refuses cataract surgery for much the same reason. Which means at some point he's going to be completely blind.
Your synopsis is shockingly insightful tbh. That didn't even creep into why I thought Dez was starting to drop balls after having hands of velcro most of his career. Your point about leading the league was also true in that respect in that I remember them increasing, but not league leading. Also knowing placement had a big part in that when coming from a vet passer like Romo as all the other WR numbers went down incld. holdovers like Beasley.

I hope you can get your dad in there for cataract surgery as well. I get the old country boy element deftly as well; no man in my family wears shorts/flip flops either :D

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I really could care less about your opinions you are correct about one thing. I know they have more $$ than me but im not personally attacking the players lol.

Congrats on girlsgonewild liking your post
No stuff you could care less about my opinions stu. I said as much but I guess your emotions had to have you say the same exact thing I said just to get it out. I know I'm correct about the money thing but its also silly because anybody could use that logic. Most people on here don't even make no big money so anybody making low six figures is dang near like a 6'9 person. They aren't the tallest but in most rooms they sure are so that's why your logic is stupid. I don't care on who likes or doesn't like my post but I see keylantos like yourself care about that stuff. Get our your feelings de