Dez Bryant reaches plea deal on mom assault charges

The Natural

Reaction score
Bryant must agree to attend counseling sessions and stay out of trouble for a year.

Is there a legal definition for "stay out of trouble" :lmao2:

D29Murray

Reaction score
The Natural;4840892 said:
Is there a legal definition for "stay out of trouble" :lmao2:

He must not get arrested for a year. That's what it says in the ESPN article.

links18

Reaction score
D29Murray;4840897 said:
He must not get arrested for a year. That's what it says in the ESPN article.

What if he is falsely arrested? Does that count? What if he gets arrested for something he didn't do and the charges are dropped later?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
links18;4840944 said:
What if he is falsely arrested? Does that count? What if he gets arrested for something he didn't do and the charges are dropped later?

Yeah, but clearly he wasn't falsely accused or his attorney wouldn't be settling for a plea deal.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4841017 said:
Yeah, but clearly he wasn't falsely accused or his attorney wouldn't be settling for a plea deal.

I think he means in the future year. If he's falsely arrested (arrested and found later to not be him) does it still violate the stipulation?

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Good. I hope that he can put all this behind him and move forward with his life. Since I dont know him I can really speak for his character but I want to believe that he is a good kid and despite his troubled past he will make the best of this chance that he has been given.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4841017 said:

He took this deal because if he told what really happened his mother goes to jail.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I heard he also had to write 500 times on the black board "Don't be smacking momma around" :laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;4841018 said:
I think he means in the future year. If he's falsely arrested (arrested and found later to not be him) does it still violate the stipulation?
Typical probation term would say, "Commit no offense against the laws of this state or any other state." In that case, an arrest may not be a violation if there is a subsequent dismissal or no charges filed.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4841067 said:
He took this deal because if he told what really happened his mother goes to jail.

That's the REAL bottom line here.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
peplaw06;4841087 said:
Typical probation term would say, "Commit no offense against the laws of this state or any other state." In that case, an arrest may not be a violation if there is a subsequent dismissal or no charges filed.

So Pep, this is a pretty typical outcome for a first offense type case, right? Seems like you have a situation where, if convicted, the most likely outcome is a assignment to some form of diversion anyway. So much of this seems like the DA got the level of punishment they would have sought without going to court