Dez Bryant reaches plea deal on mom assault charges

AbeBeta

Reaction score
fortdick;4842870 said:
And then you proceed to type six paragraphs attacking him rather than his message. When several people are telling you that you are acting like an arse, you might want to look at it.

I think you don't know the difference between source and message

TTexasTT

Reaction score
cowboy13;4842592 said:
Dez is a real winner, I would love to see him traded for a decent pick. We all know he will end up at the CROWBAR HOTEL soon. He can't run the routes,drops the easy ones and wants to fight everyone that knocks him to the ground. Dump him Jerry b4 it's too late.
Strong assumption. Please speak for yourself, or even better, to yourself.

fortdick

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4842902 said:
I think you don't know the difference between source and message

Just reading what you type. So maybe your message isn't clear.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
fortdick;4842962 said:
Just reading what you type. So maybe your message isn't clear.

Or maybe you can't distinguish between message and source -- there is a difference and you don't appear to understand that. Attacking what someone has said is not attacking the source -- if I called Tricky dishonest or full of it, that would be attacking the source. The only "source" comment I provided was the piece about the inconsistency in his grammar attack

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
peplaw06;4841651 said:
Yeah we call it a pre-trial diversion here where I practice. I suspect that's what it's called in Dallas, but it could be something different. And I think if Dez were convicted he would likely get a term of probation. The only difference is he doesn't have to go into court and say he's guilty or go through a trial, assuming he holds up his end of the deal.

When we do a pre-trial diversion, it may include the signing of a judicial confession, but it usually doesn't require a defendant to go into court and enter a plea of guilty. That's the only reason I don't consider it a plea. Still cutting a deal... I may be splitting hairs a bit.

A little off topic here, but, this always makes me think, why does the Medical or Legal profession always say "where I practice"?

I mean, all that education and your still practicing?

I have a Bach degree in Computer Science and when the DoD hired me, they hired me to WORK, not practice!

:confused:

;)

fortdick

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4842964 said:
Or maybe you can't distinguish between message and source -- there is a difference and you don't appear to understand that. Attacking what someone has said is not attacking the source -- if I called Tricky dishonest or full of it, that would be attacking the source. The only "source" comment I provided was the piece about the inconsistency in his grammar attack

Ah, you may not have used those exact words, but that is exactly what I read in your postings.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
fortdick;4843185 said:
Ah, you may not have used those exact words, but that is exactly what I read in your postings.

Like i said. Ignorant to message v. Source distinction

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4842418 said:
The statute of limitations isn't the issue, but it definitely is an issue. The reason they can let it go for now is because if he screws up again, they have until 2 years from the day he allegedly committed the offense to charge him again and actually follow through with prosecuting him.

Tell me, what's the reason you think it isn't an issue?
Any statute of limitations tolls when charges have been filed in a criminal case, or when a petition is filed if it's a civil suit.

Sooooo, it's not an issue. At all.

Remedial stuff really.