Dez Bryant reaches plea deal on mom assault charges

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4841882 said:
So let me be a little more direct here. Is this generally the sort of deal that someone who feels they can avoid conviction in a trial takes? I realize that not all cases are the same - but give me a general answer.
Generally, in my experience, this is the best "deal" you can get without an outright dismissal, which is pretty rare.

Trials are unpredictable. When you get a deal like this that doesn't require a plea, and ends up in a dismissal if you are a good boy, a trial is an unnecessary risk. Much less risk in committing to keeping your nose clean for a year than to have a panel of jurors and a judge who may be in a bad mood decide your fate. That's not to mention the publicity that this specific case would get.

Also, DAs usually don't offer these types of deals to habitual offenders who aren't able to live up to the terms.

rocboy22

Reaction score
trickblue;4841874 said:
This is why people don't go out on a limb around here... too much condescending rhetoric from posters...

I happen to be from Lufkin and know people close to the situation, that's as far as I am going...

I'm not "fantasizing" about anything and your "more" assumptions aren't even close...

Just because you find it amusing to talk down to people like they are no-nothing arses, doesn't shield you from actually being one...

:bow: :lmao: :bow:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
trickblue;4841874 said:
Just because you find it amusing to talk down to people like they are know-nothing arses, doesn't shield you from actually being one...

:lmao2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4841966 said:
The old "I've got a secret" game gets old Tricky.

Since the start of this board I've had about 2 or 3 of those... and they were all true... that's about 1 every 3-4 years...

I apparently don't have much game in that respect...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue;4842128 said:
Since the start of this board I've had about 2 or 3 of those... and they were all true... that's about 1 every 3-4 years...

I apparently don't have much game in that respect...

Were all those hits that you cite as vague as this one? Because pretty much anything would fit your "there is more to this story" claim.

Care to share your other hits?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
peplaw06;4841899 said:
Generally, in my experience, this is the best "deal" you can get without an outright dismissal, which is pretty rare.

Trials are unpredictable. When you get a deal like this that doesn't require a plea, and ends up in a dismissal if you are a good boy, a trial is an unnecessary risk. Much less risk in committing to keeping your nose clean for a year than to have a panel of jurors and a judge who may be in a bad mood decide your fate. That's not to mention the publicity that this specific case would get.

Also, DAs usually don't offer these types of deals to habitual offenders who aren't able to live up to the terms.

true dat

given the way some posters here hate him or might not forgive him for not landing in the end zone against the Giants, who knows what would have happened to him ;)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4842324 said:
true dat

given the way some posters here hate him or might not forgive him for not landing in the end zone against the Giants, who knows what would have happened to him ;)

Sure, but you go into jury selection and pretty much anyone who had heard of the case or was a football fan would likely get tossed

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
peplaw06;4841739 said:
The statute of limitations isn't an issue here.

The statute of limitations isn't the issue, but it definitely is an issue. The reason they can let it go for now is because if he screws up again, they have until 2 years from the day he allegedly committed the offense to charge him again and actually follow through with prosecuting him.

Tell me, what's the reason you think it isn't an issue?

trickblue

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4842316 said:
Were all those hits that you cite as vague as this one? Because pretty much anything would fit your "there is more to this story" claim.

I'm vague because of people like you... you ridicule without giving benefit of the doubt...

I actually like you, but you have become a colossal arse over the past few months...

I never claimed to be an "insider" but I know a few people and a few things...

Do you want to continue to belittle and sit high on your perceived perch or do you want to trust people at times...

Your self induced "I'm Right" importance is boorish at best...

You can launch all you want... but I know the skinny on this Dez thing... and I will NEVER share it with you as you are a haughty know-it-all....

btw... my other hits were these...

Demarcus Ware in round 1
Proving I am friends with Cliff Harris
Dez Story

All accurate... when will you prove your worth?

Or do you just want to launch criticism to inflate your ridiculous ego...

I have proven my worth... you? Not so much...

PLEASE enlighten me...

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4842316 said:

You're attacking the credibility of one of the most credible posters on the board. Not to mention he's a good guy. Good going, Abe.

trickblue

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4842422 said:
You're attacking the credibility of one of the most credible posters on the board. Not to mention he's a good guy. Good going, Abe.

It's OK, Ben...

I have proven myself over and over again...

I like Abe, but he doesn't appreciate anything other that what he deems legit...

I have, what, three things I claimed over 8 years and they were all true?

I'm not some super insider, never claimed to be... but I know a person or two... and I get a nugget here or there... that's all...

Abe has become bitter and condescending over the last few months...

He's not better/worse than any of us... just more cynical. I actually like the guy, but he can't accept anything beyond his cynical world...

trickblue

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4842339 said:
Sure, but you go into jury selection and pretty much anyone who had heard of the case or was a football fan would likely get tossed

You are pretty tuned in to this thing... care to weigh in?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4842422 said:

Asking for details is not attacking credibility. It is the sort of skeptism that people with any level of efucation sdk for

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue;4842420 said:
I'm vague because of people like you... you ridicule without giving benefit of the doubt...

I actually like you, but you have become a colossal arse over the past few months...

I never claimed to be an "insider" but I know a few people and a few things...

Do you want to continue to belittle and sit high on your perceived perch or do you want to trust people at times...

Your self induced "I'm Right" importance is boorish at best...

You can launch all you want... but I know the skinny on this Dez thing... and I will NEVER share it with you as you are a haughty know-it-all....

btw... my other hits were these...

Demarcus Ware in round 1
Proving I am friends with Cliff Harris
Dez Story

All accurate... when will you prove your worth?

Or do you just want to launch criticism to inflate your ridiculous ego...

I have proven my worth... you? Not so much...

PLEASE enlighten me...

You confuse cynical with skeptical.

Ware in Round 1? Wow, you and a billion mocks. Plus most of the reporting on that has it as a War Room decision. I believe several DMN writers wrote that Ware was favored over Merriman as well.

Friends with Cliff Harris -- that's great but it really isn't some sort of inside info thing.

Dez story -- I have no doubt that you are truthful that you have friends who think they know something on this. But that is at best 2nd hand (and likely 3rd or 4th hand) information. What is the credibility of the people all down that chain?

I don't doubt that you are a truthful and credible person. But I'm not exactly seeing real information that supports your Dez claim here.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue;4842448 said:
You are pretty tuned in to this thing... care to weigh in?

I am as tuned in as anyone who understands jury selection processes -- simply having a course in the justice system at the university level provides all the basics here. But if you must know, I spend a considerable period of time doing clerk/legal research work when I was an undergraduate

trickblue

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4842461 said:
Asking for details is not attacking credibility. It is the sort of skeptism that people with any level of efucation sdk for

I could provide details, but then you would attempt minimize them...

Never mind I am from his hometown...
Never mind my mother taught him...
Never mind I know people close to the story...

You can do what you want. I attempt to give you insight on things I know...

You attempt to provide bad grammar and challenged spelling...

When have I not delivered on onside stuff?

I's not like I do it every post... and I have delivered on every claim...

cowboy13

Reaction score
Dez is a real winner, I would love to see him traded for a decent pick. We all know he will end up at the CROWBAR HOTEL soon. He can't run the routes,drops the easy ones and wants to fight everyone that knocks him to the ground. Dump him Jerry b4 it's too late.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue;4842475 said:
I could provide details, but then you would attempt minimize them...

Never mind I am from his hometown...
Never mind my mother taught him...
Never mind I know people close to the story...

You can do what you want. I attempt to give you insight on things I know...

You attempt to provide bad grammar and challenged spelling...

When have I not delivered on onside stuff?

I's not like I do it every post... and I have delivered on every claim...

So what I hear is this -- and please note I am criticizing the content of your message, not you as a source.

A. I won't tell you details b/c you are going to point out why my information is potentially invalid.

B. You claimed we'd take Ware. What I hear is "I read mock drafts and DMN who said the same"

C. You say you are friends with Cliff Harris. I don't doubt that but all I hear there is "Old people are friends with other old people."

D. You claim you've always delivered onside stuff. OK. But you aren't delivering anything aside a vague "there is more to the story" argument. That's not really a stretch and pretty much any news that comes out would fit that.

BTW - I was typing on my phone and autocorrect created the grammar errors. It is sort of funny that you hammer on that seeing that myself and others have had mods come down on us for doing the same to other posters. Of course, some of y'all are always going to be more "do as I say, not as I do" folks.

fortdick

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4842758 said:
So what I hear is this -- and please note I am criticizing the content of your message, not you as a source.......

And then you proceed to type six paragraphs attacking him rather than his message. When several people are telling you that you are acting like an arse, you might want to look at it.