Dez Bryant Says We Are "Unbeatable"

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;4194236 said:
Watch the video child. He did say he felt we were unbeatable for the rest of the season

Then he should be held accountable for making such an ignorant, arrogant statement. Mistake-free football or not, no one's "unbeatable," especially us.

Frozen700

Reaction score
bbgun;4194241 said:
Then he should be held accountable for making such an ignorant, arrogant statement. Mistake-free football or not, no one's "unbeatable," especially us.

You gotta love the attitude though. I for 1 feel if they stop the idiotic costly turnovers we will be ok.

I'm talking the late 4th quarter ints/fumbles...or the 1's you do when you have the momentum. Don't do that.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4193181 said:
How many times have you said this already this year? Or the first 6 or so weeks of last season? Not even really referring to you, but the board as a whole, so it's not meant as a personal attack.

There is this great crutch everyone has been leaning on this week that our schedule is cake the rest of the way. As though we've played some epic schedule, and the rest of the teams we play are garbage. Look back over time. Virtually every NFCE game is always a dogfight. This is a mistake-prone, easily distracted bunch, and they can't afford to look past the next game for a second.

I'd wager when the season is over, Detroit, SF, and NYJ won't finish the season in a fashion that will take the starch out of the early schedule, and the teams we play later on will even out and be tougher than we expect.

Dallas has already lost 3 games. It's an idiotic comment by Bryant. If he wants to talk big, he needs to start playing more than half a game.

I couldn't agree more. We are already chalking up the Rams game as a win when for all we know on the first play of the game James Laurinaitiaswill blow Costas over and knock Romo senseless; maybe even end his season. It is beyond me how some posters on this site have no sense of history. Didn't a winless Rams team beat the fire out of us a couple of years ago???...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;4194203 said:
No 'unbeatable'. That's the part people have a problem with.

The part you have the problem with is the part he immediately qualified. You're cherry picking.

stasheroo;4194203 said:
Yeah, you're the voice of reason and Mr. 'fair and balanced'.

You are the moral compass for the rest of us.

I'm so glad we have you around to set us straight.

:geek:

It's not a moral issue. It's a social behavior issue. If I don't like the way someone behaves, I let them know it. I expect and respect the same in return. I know it bugs you, and I don't even kind of care. You're just going to have to either ignore me, or live with it.

The argument is a separate point. I think this is a picayune criticism of a player who's got very legitimate issues in his game worthy of criticism. You pretend I pump sunshine only, but I've been on record about Dez's play on the field in several threads. There's a great discussion of the topic in coachscout's most recent thread.

scottsp

Reaction score
I appreciate Dez's sentiment and I completely get where he's coming from, but this is bordering on the generic. These types of comments are what I would expect to hear from just about any athlete or coach.

Another words, tick off any of number of players off 25 other NFL clubs, and the soundbite might sound very much the same.

The "beating ourselves" line is sold to a lot of fans out there. The nature of the game in the NFL is such that most clubs can legitimately believe or trick themselves into believing it applies to them. Some people buy.

For me, this is more of the same: Much ado about nothing. This sort of thing is as likely to be heard out the Browns locker room or in Oakland. Again, I appreciate what Dez is trying to say, but it's pretty easily dismissed from where I stand

Bad teams lose in this manner, too. I don't know that Dallas is bad, but the losses seem to follow a particular pattern. Will it continue? Only time will tell. Dez's words, regardless of the intent, will mean very little. They can say whatever they want.

What would mean more to me is, actually correcting these mistakes. This would also go to the credibility of the speaker in this case, too. I don't really care about talk of correction when the corrections haven't been evident.

That doesn't mean to imply I don't think things will improve to that end, but I prefer to deal in reality. And to this point, the reality has been this club does not finish games - and for a number of reasons. It does not mean they are a good team than cannot finish. The record speaks for itself.

I pray these mistakes of which Dez speaks are sorted out. Otherwise, this wasn't a very good team to begin with.

Frozen700

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;4194373 said:
Hmmm well it's time to tell that to the offensive line and the QB along with the head coach.

The offensive line..passing wise has been pretty good imo

hsfolk

Reaction score
so what Dez is basically saying is just to sit back and watch Dallas beat themselves?

shockandroll

Reaction score
Idgit;4194349 said:
The part you have the problem with is the part he immediately qualified. You're cherry picking.

It's not a moral issue. It's a social behavior issue. If I don't like the way someone behaves, I let them know it. I expect and respect the same in return. I know it bugs you, and I don't even kind of care. You're just going to have to either ignore me, or live with it.

The argument is a separate point. I think this is a picayune criticism of a player who's got very legitimate issues in his game worthy of criticism. You pretend I pump sunshine only, but I've been on record about Dez's play on the field in several threads. There's a great discussion of the topic in coachscout's most recent thread.

This is an ongoing issue for many people. You can criticize 90% of the same things they are, but if you don't agree with 10%, they ignore the 90 and label you a homer or as unable to see any fault with that particular player.

arnoldferrigno

Reaction score
JoeCorrado;4193120 said:
We are unbeatable... when we put it all together in all phases for the full 60 minutes. The question would be how often can we expect that?

We are very beatable when we turn the ball over, drop passes, don't execute our blocks, get drive killing penalties and let up in the 4th quarter.

Which team shows up is the question.

every teams fan base says his non-thought out cliche,it's a built-in excuse to make a group of ppl(in this case,cowboy fans) feel better about their favorite team being punched in the mouth during the last drive of the game by a better team. -it's cute though

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
shockandroll;4194453 said:
This is an ongoing issue for many people. You can criticize 90% of the same things they are, but if you don't agree with 10%, they ignore the 90 and label you a homer or as unable to see any fault with that particular player.

Yeah. I understand it. Probably 85% of my posts are me defending a player, coach, or owner from a ridiculous accusation. But there are a lot of ridiculous accusations on CZ. The 15% or so of criticisms that are pretty accurate, I agree with pretty quickly or ask a clarifying questiin about and move on.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;4194557 said:
TONY ROMO is unbeatable!

is that better than being unstoppable?

elimanning_unstoppable.jpg

shockandroll

Reaction score
Idgit;4194510 said:
Yeah. I understand it. Probably 85% of my posts are me defending a player, coach, or owner from a ridiculous accusation. But there are a lot of ridiculous accusations on CZ. The 15% or so of criticisms that are pretty accurate, I agree with pretty quickly or ask a clarifying questiin about and move on.

It might be because of the phro in your picture. That's so 1970's, if you had a more up to date look, people would take you more seriously! :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
shockandroll;4194778 said:
It might be because of the phro in your picture. That's so 1970's, if you had a more up to date look, people would take you more seriously! :D

Now that Drew's in the ring, I'm in the market for a change. But that fro is legit!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Idgit;4194349 said:

:laugh2:

dooomsday

Reaction score
Awesome. Dez is the man. Besides being a beast. I LOVE the attitude. And as long as he's not shooting up in the bathroom I could give 2 doo doos about his "behavior". Its all childish. Pants. LOL.

Drama queens. Thank god Dez is more of a man than all his glass house haters.
Wont be long until they're eating their words again.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Idgit;4193765 said:
Again. You're taking the quote out of context and acting like children for no reason. Unless you're actually children, in which case your parents need to spank you more.

:lmao: