Dez Bryant Says We Are "Unbeatable"

Asklesko

Reaction score
I wish that neither the players nor the fans ever thought this team anything more than competitive. The endless overrating is detrimental and needs to stop. When the team proves it can win, then we can talk a big game. Until then, it's stupid.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Fletch;4193639 said:
:laugh2: The Packers? The most "under the radar" team? You did type that right? You one funny guy! :laugh2:

And still mad about Dez's personal life too. :laugh2:

What do expect from a Philly fan?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
bbgun;4193512 said:
Oh, absolutely. Even Landry looked the other way in the interests of winning. That said, Emmitt didn't have the myriad problems Dez has. Nor was he prone to making public statements that bordered on the arrogant or delusional, save for that "diamond surrounded trash" quip when he was in Phoenix.

I thought he said that in his last year with the Cowboys?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
1: We are 2-3. Not only are beatable, we are more likely to be beaten.

2: I love Dez, but he needs to stop talking and learn to run his routes correctly.

redfog

Reaction score
2-3 but we're unbeatable. SMFH. ****en idiot, never was a bright kid were you, Dez? way to put pressure on yourself and the team.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4193109 said:
I have no problem with him saying this. Fact is the critics are going to slam you no matter what so why worry about what the critics have to say.

Truth.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
JoeCorrado;4193120 said:
We are unbeatable... when we put it all together in all phases for the full 60 minutes. The question would be how often can we expect that?

Don't know. One of the funny things about football is that a team like Dallas can get on a roll and come pretty close to being unbeatable.

Right now, this is a roller coaster team, but it only needs a few things to click into place to contend for a title. Might not happen, but hopefully Garrett and the Cowboys can pull it off.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The30YardSlant;4193678 said:
1: We are 2-3. Not only are beatable, we are more likely to be beaten.

2: I love Dez, but he needs to stop talking and learn to run his routes correctly.

redfog;4193707 said:
2-3 but we're unbeatable. SMFH. ****en idiot, never was a bright kid were you, Dez? way to put pressure on yourself and the team.

Again. You're taking the quote out of context and acting like children for no reason. Unless you're actually children, in which case your parents need to spank you more.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;4193646 said:
So...your argument is that, because I like hearing player interviews, I don't like wins more? That's what you're taking from this?

And, on top of it, I think I'm reading that you also seem to think a player like Dez does not have time in his schedule to both work hard and answer some media questions.

And, finally, that lashing out at everyone, in your mind, somehow demonstrates a dislike for mediocrity that you can't display by, say, discussing the actual roots of the current problems? We're to assume there's some hidden nobility in acting like a child when you don't get your way?

Some of us like neither mediocrity nor being emotionally out of control. Others tolerate the one, even though it's completely unrelated to the other.

You make sure that you and the rest of the happy fans tell the rest of us exactly how to react to these type of things.

How many losses are enough to worry about.

Make sure to tell us exactly what's important and what isn't and the proper amount of dislike we're allowed to have.

That's your job after all.

:rolleyes:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
stasheroo;4193844 said:
You make sure that you and the rest of the happy fans tell the rest of us exactly how to react to these type of things.

Make sure to tell us exactly what's important and what isn't and the proper amount of dislike we're allowed to have.

Your Bold key is stuck, bro.

:confused:

Modus

Reaction score
I won't read through seven pages of thread to make this statement:

Dez, so far, has been right. We have been unbeatable.

Unfortunately, we are beating ourselves. We're 5-0 if it wasn't for boneheaded turnovers.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;4193844 said:

Give the martyr bull**** a rest, stash. I said I like listening to player interviews. And I said that Dez comments that we beat ourselves, in context are non-objectionable. It's your side of the board that's taking issue with what players are saying when they express their own opinions. Hypocrite.

And if you review my posts recently, you'll have a hard time saying I'm exactly pumping sunshine.

And, for what seems like the hundredth time: nobody cares how much dislike you have. Some of us care how you choose to *express* your dislike. You seem to think we have to endure tantrums in silence, but we really don't. If you want to be annoying, you need to be prepared for people asking you not to be so annoying as a result.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eddie;4193854 said:
Yes, we are unbeatable.

2-3 proves it.

Does anybody bother to even watch source material anymore?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;4193844 said:

I'm gonna say 16, but even that might not do it. The shills and apologists have a very a high tolerance for Cowboy incompetence and ineptitude, not to mention empty rhetoric from certain wideouts. Comes from years of whistling past the graveyard.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;4193907 said:
I'm gonna say 16, but even that might not do it. The shills and apologists have a very a high tolerance for Cowboy incompetence and ineptitude, not to mention empty rhetoric from certain wideouts. Comes from years of whistling past the graveyard.

Can we please decouple this debate from being pleased with wins and losses? It has nothing to do with that. It's about Dez saying we beat ourselves in those three early losses. He may be right, he may be wrong. It's not grounds for a tirade or an excuse to tell him to pull his pants up.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
bbgun;4193907 said:

If this board has revealed any truth to me, it's this: Expectations vary widely between Cowboys fans. What satisfies one fan does not always satisfy another fan.

There are people -- posters on this very board -- who are content as long as the Cowboys are competitive in every game. The Cowboys could win five games all year, and these fans would find solace in a one score differential.

I envy those people. Truly and genuinely, I do. I look at this team, and I find the same problem that has kept them seeped in mediocrity for over a decade. I feel hopeless about the immediate future of this team. But not these fans. As long as the games are close, it's just a matter of time and luck until they start teetering our way.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;4193912 said:
Can we please decouple this debate from being pleased with wins and losses? It has nothing to do with that. It's about Dez saying we beat ourselves in those three early losses.

:confused:

So he didn't say "we will be unbeatable the rest of the season"? Then you better have a word with the OP for starting a misleading thread. BTW, how much of the blame did Dez take for those three losses, and what does he plan to do about it?