Dez Bryant Says We Are "Unbeatable"

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;4193919 said:
:confused:

So he didn't say "we will be unbeatable the rest of the season"? Then you better have a word with the OP for starting a misleading thread. BTW, how much of the blame did Dez take for those three losses, and what does he plan to do about it?

My bad. There were two threads on this topic earlier in the day, and one had a link to a section of the video. L'il help, anybody? I don't see where the other thread went.

Here's the transcript of the reply in question:

"I like to keep my personal goals to myself. As far as the team, I like our chances. I feel like, it may sound crazy, I think we are unbeatable. I think the losses, we lost those games ourselves. I feel like once we get back in that meeting room and regroup, and we learn from our mistakes, the sky's the limit."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...oys-are-unbeatable-nfl-easier-than-big-12.ece

I only watched the question that was linked, and it was basically the excerpt above.

It's nothing more than a player trying to stay optimistic. And, for the record, I don't necessarily agree with him. I think this teams has OL issues that go beyond regrouping. They might get better with experience and with a decent FB, but it's going to take more than regrouping.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Fletch;4193639 said:
:laugh2: The Packers? The most "under the radar" team? You did type that right? You one funny guy! :laugh2:

And still mad about Dez's personal life too. :laugh2:

yes - are the Packers talking about being unbeatable?

Oh - another Dez apologist..ignore the problems

:blind:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4193493 said:
You are far too concerned with Garrett and Romo..you are losing sight of how awful our oline is.

Our oline is bad but it hasn't lost us a game outside of maybe New England.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
I am far from a sunshine poster, but I really have no issue with Bryant saying this, now let's just back it up.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
redfog;4193707 said:
2-3 but we're unbeatable. SMFH. ****en idiot, never was a bright kid were you, Dez? way to put pressure on yourself and the team.

He's not putting pressure on the 49ers so why would you care. Why do you continue this double agent crap?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
People already hate Dez sort of like they hated TO and it's going to get worse.
I wish I could put a large sum of money on this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;4193901 said:
Give the martyr bull**** a rest, stash. I said I like listening to player interviews. And I said that Dez comments that we beat ourselves, in context are non-objectionable. It's your side of the board that's taking issue with what players are saying when they express their own opinions. Hypocrite.

That's right. I'm saying I have a problem with a player on a 2-3 team using the word 'unbeatable', especially one who everyone knows is not doing everything he can to be as good as he can. And I don't need an arrogant poster telling me how I should think or react to it.

For Bryant, it's not about saying the right things, it's about doing the right things

And if you review my posts recently, you'll have a hard time saying I'm exactly pumping sunshine.

Nah, you just continue to think that everyone should think the way you do or feel the way you do.

And, for what seems like the hundredth time: nobody cares how much dislike you have. Some of us care how you choose to *express* your dislike. You seem to think we have to endure tantrums in silence, but we really don't. If you want to be annoying, you need to be prepared for people asking you not to be so annoying as a result.

No, you can continue to think that it's your job to criticize everyone else for having an opinion that differs from your own.

Here's a clue - it isn't.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;4194077 said:
...No, you can continue to think that it's your job to criticize everyone else for having an opinion that differs from your own.

Here's a clue - it isn't.

It's not my job to criticize emotionally volatile and poorly thought out arguments, stash. It's my pleasure.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A 2-3 team talking about how they are "unbeatable".

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Irishman

Benched
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4193304 said:
How many years now have we been really talented, but "beating ourselves"?

At some point, I have to question the really talented part of the equation.

Talented Talent that is so Talented the Talent Gods are out of bestowing anymore Talent...thus... "We are unbeatable."

:lmao:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Those great Triplets teams of the 90's had swagger and many Cowboys fans value swagger. Jerry does too. Swagger is seen as something that champions do.

IMO, Jerry and much of the Cowboys fan base overvalues swagger, "confidence," hype, overhype, boastfulness, etc., etc.

This organization could use a little less blowhard and a little more fear of failure / attention to detail.

Dez is a gifted but immature player who is slow on the uptake. There isn't much to be gained by criticizing or even listening to the words that come out of his mouth.

All Cowboys fans would like Dez to have a clear understanding of the offense, his place in it, and to run precise and correct routes.

In short, we want a notoriously imprecise man to play with precision.

Understand that this is a tall order.

starchamber

Reaction score
Rynie;4193121 said:
Hey Dez. Part of being unbeatable is knowing your routes. Just saying.

Also, I tend to agree for the most part. I think we go on a run, and you KNOW Ryan is ready to tear apart the E-girls!

Another part of being unbeatable is uh...Not being beaten.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;4194082 said:
It's not my job to criticize emotionally volatile and poorly thought out arguments, stash. It's my pleasure.

As you see them anyway.

And you attempt to try to separate this from wins and losses is what looks poorly thought out to me.

At the end of the day, it's all about wins and losses and everything else is window dressing.

Dez Bryant is trying to 'talk the talk' without doing everything he can to 'walk the walk', and he's playing his own significant role in this team's struggles.

And I enjoy player interviews as well, but that doesn't mean I have to like everything the players say. I think this was a foolish comment about a 2-3 team. And I feel that Dez should worry more about working at his craft and less about false bravado.

A difference of opinions. Your opinion equals 1. My opinion also equals 1.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terence Newman700;4193094 said:
In the News Zone...there is a video of him basically saying we will be unbeatable the rest of the season.I love the attitude, hope everybody feels this way...

He also says what we all been saying, we beat ourselves...

I know everybody is tired of the "positive rah rah" Threads, but now at least our players believe it to. The eagles game will prove a lot.

I'm not tired of them....I may throw in a few negative comments here and there, or some of them in jest...but overall, I much rather see and read the positive.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;4194183 said:
As you
Dez Bryant is trying to 'talk the talk' without doing everything he can to 'walk the walk', and he's playing his own significant role in this team's struggles.

And I enjoy player interviews as well, but that doesn't mean I have to like everything the players say. I think this was a foolish comment about a 2-3 team. And I feel that Dez should worry more about working at his craft and less about false bravado.

A difference of opinions. Your opinion equals 1. My opinion also equals 1.

"I like to keep my personal goals to myself. As far as the team, I like our chances. I feel like, it may sound crazy, I think we are unbeatable. I think the losses, we lost those games ourselves. I feel like once we get back in that meeting room and regroup, and we learn from our mistakes, the sky's the limit."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/dal...han-big-12.ece

Working at his craft....like, learning from his mistakes?
False bravado? We beat ourselves?

Other than that, he's saying this team is good enough to beat anybody if it doesn't make the mistakes that get us beat. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people who don't agree. You might not, and that's fine. But it's not a crazy thing for Dez to say. It's what you probably want him to think.

Take it out of context, though, and the natives get up in arms. I'll go out on a limb and guess more than half of the people who overreacted in the thread did not watch the clip or bother to consider the actual quote.

No, sorry. Every has opinions, but they're not all equal. Some of them are carefully considered and some are not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;4194197 said:
Working at his craft....like, learning from his mistakes?
False bravado? We beat ourselves?

No 'unbeatable'. That's the part people have a problem with.

Other than that, he's saying this team is good enough to beat anybody if it doesn't make the mistakes that get us beat. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people who don't agree. You might not, and that's fine. But it's not a crazy thing for Dez to say. It's what you probably want him to think.

Heck I agree with him. I think this team has beaten themselves. But I don't eant to hear a guy who is not doing everything he can describing this team as 'unbeatable'.

Take it out of context, though, and the natives get up in arms. I'll go out on a limb and guess more than half of the people who overreacted in the thread did not watch the clip or bother to consider the actual quote.

While you want to take a magic eraser to the 'unbeatable' quote that many of us have a problem with.

No, sorry. Every has opinions, but they're not all equal. Some of them are carefully considered and some are not.

Yeah, you're the voice of reason and Mr. 'fair and balanced'.

You are the moral compass for the rest of us.

I'm so glad we have you around to set us straight.

:geek:

shockandroll

Reaction score
The amount of people taking this out of context and hearing only one word is funny as hell to me. In context his meaning is, we're beating ourselves and if we stop making mistakes, we can be unbeatable. But most of you would rather ignore what he said and change his meaning to suit your argument.

Here's the quote in context, not that many of you care what he actually said or meant. I bolded the parts that most are ignoring to make it easier for you to read:

“As far as the team, I like our chances,” Bryant said. “I feel like, it might sound crazy, I think that we are unbeatable. I feel like the losses, we lost those games ourselves. Once we get back in that meeting room and we regroup and we learn from our mistakes, the sky’s the limit.”

He's just saying if they play better, up to their potential, they can be unbeatable. He's also acknowledging they have not been doing that. Big deal.

Frozen700

Reaction score
bbgun;4193919 said:
:confused:

So he didn't say "we will be unbeatable the rest of the season"? Then you better have a word with the OP for starting a misleading thread. BTW, how much of the blame did Dez take for those three losses, and what does he plan to do about it?

Watch the video child. He did say he felt we were unbeatable for the rest of the season