Dez Bryant status?

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Will be almost 6 weeks at game time, short of a day. So yes, Seattle game could be more likely, but Eagles for sure.
Can be cold in NY next week, so may be better, wait to be back home for those 2 games. giving 7 to 8 weeks. Would feel better about that. But if by some miracle he does go this week in NY.
I think there will be a big breath in, and a big sigh of relief out, collectively by Cowboys Nations on every play he would be in.

He should not be able to begin full activity until 6 weeks, so this week is too early, since he won't be doing those things in practice.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
If that is the case then he should not play. I think Dez will go all out once he is cleared to play I think that is his nature and that will not change. In the end he is either ready or he is not.

I've had the same injury. I'm an avid distance runner and I can tell you that, after about a month, as long as I was going straight ahead, everything was fine. It was any side to side motion that was extremely painful hard to do, especially for about two months or so.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Forget if Dez will be ready this week or not we getting ready to unleash Randy Gregory on the league. ......

Dlaw, Crawford, Hardy, Gregory

Lee and Ro roaming the field

Haha I'm like a fat kid in a candy store

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I've had the same injury. I'm an avid distance runner and I can tell you that, after about a month, as long as I was going straight ahead, everything was fine. It was any side to side motion that was extremely painful hard to do, especially for about two months or so.

Not everyone is the same. that is why the prognosis is a time frame not some exact date. If Dez can't go he can't go but I fully expect when he is out there he will be going all out. I'm not looking to rush him but once the doctors clear him, Dez will test the foot full go and see if he is able to play or not. I don't doubt your experience but it is yours

popp1234

Reaction score
Perhaps you should have ended the title of your post with a question mark. I clicked expecting to get an official update on Dez's status. I will let it slide this time, because you caught me on a good day, but don't let it happen again. :)

Last edited:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Thank you for using that phrase correctly; it's kind of a pet peeve of mine. Haha.

Yea, I see people do that alot. He could probably care less about are opinions, but hay...what the heck.:D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If that is the case then he should not play. I think Dez will go all out once he is cleared to play I think that is his nature and that will not change. In the end he is either ready or he is not.

I kinda lean towards this as well. I don't know that I would trust Dez not to push the limits if he is playing. I honestly don't think he can go anything less then all out. If you are taking a risk, based on Dez's judgement to go easy on certain routes. Just keep him on the shelf until he can go because he aint going to be able to go at any speed but 100% IMO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I kinda lean towards this as well. I don't know that I would trust Dez not to push the limits if he is playing. I honestly don't think he can go anything less then all out. If you are taking a risk, based on Dez's judgement to go easy on certain routes. Just keep him on the shelf until he can go because he aint going to be able to go at any speed but 100% IMO.

I would not leave it up to Dez solely but of course only the player can tell you what he is feeling. I would rely on what the doctor who treated him is saying as well as what I would see from Dez in practice. Like everyone I would like to see him out there but when I do I expect that he will be able to play to a high standard. I don't think decoy stuff works very much since because once the defense sees he is limited he would become easier for defense to cover.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Just use him in the red zone this week.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Will be almost 6 weeks at game time, short of a day. So yes, Seattle game could be more likely, but Eagles for sure.
Can be cold in NY next week, so may be better, wait to be back home for those 2 games. giving 7 to 8 weeks. Would feel better about that. But if by some miracle he does go this week in NY.
I think there will be a big breath in, and a big sigh of relief out, collectively by Cowboys Nations on every play he would be in.

Why? Does the cold potentially make his bones more brittle? Why does whether its cold or not have anything to do with anything?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
NFL INSIDER had a guest NFL physician explaining Dez's injury. The fastest anyone has ever come back is 5 1/2 weeks, the NFL average is 8.5 weeks with 20% refracture.

Hope we make the right decision.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
With the Giants defense a shambles right now, I'd say let Dez sit. We're getting Butler back this week and hopefully Cassel has a decent game. And with any luck, Kraken can do worse to Eli than he did to Brady. And with Gregory coming back...!

AtlCB

Reaction score
With the Giants defense a shambles right now, I'd say let Dez sit. We're getting Butler back this week and hopefully Cassel has a decent game. And with any luck, Kraken can do worse to Eli than he did to Brady. And with Gregory coming back...!

Butler coming back will definitely help. We need a deep threat!

kramskoi

Reaction score
He had surgery 5 weeks ago today. He won't be ready for contact this week, but possibly next week.

So, could possibly be back for Seattle, but more likely Philly.

I think this is the most likely scenario. He won't play against NY...a big maybe against Seattle. I'm sure Dallas and the media are putting the most optimistic spin on the matter, but that doesn't mean such prognostications are particularly prescient. Jerry Jones is the quintessential sunshine-pumper, so anytime I hear projections about the future, It gives me pause.