Dez Bryant takes the team out for $54,000

7footer

Reaction score
Wow...talk about taking advantage of the young fellow. Good thing he's a millionaire.

I'm just mad he didn't invite me!

I would hardly make a dent on the bill at a steakhouse...being a vegetarian and all. Garden salad and an iced tea...he wouldn't have even known I was there...lol

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
If I'm the owners' group I'm using this article as leverage in my megotiatins with the NFLPA.

dogberry

Reaction score
$90K in pre-tax money.

If $2mil gross this year, 4.5 percent...

superpunk

Reaction score
Cowboys-Bryant-Will_501826k.jpg

"What recession?"

alancdc

Reaction score
I don't mean this to come out in a bad way, but given the statistics on how many of these guys end up broke after their playing days are over this kind of thing bothers me. Hope this kid has some good financial people giving him advice on life after football.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
"What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."
Try 11 months. Having done extensive work in the dishwashing industry, I would be pretty stoked making 648k a year washing dishes.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Given 15% gratuity and 8.25% tax (might be higher with alcohol, I don't drink so IDK), the bill came out to roughly 44K. wow.

laythewood28

Reaction score
alancdc;3591945 said:
I don't mean this to come out in a bad way, but given the statistics on how many of these guys end up broke after their playing days are over this kind of thing bothers me. Hope this kid has some good financial people giving him advice on life after football.

I know Ocho Cinco is headed there. He does it every week by offering dinner and movies to random people.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Just guessin' he asks the #1 pick next year to carry his pads, and gets Roy to tell the guy its OK to say "no".

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
No offense but please don't try and relate to paying a 54k dollar bill when you aren't swimming in millions, like this young man is.

You folks are looking at it from a 50-60k/ year perspective. It's a whole different world when you are a millonaire superstar.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
dmq;3591789 said:
"They got the young fella," said Bryant's adviser David Wells. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."

If 54K is the going salary/month for dishwashers in the DFW area, I'm on a plane tonight......

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas;3591982 said:
No offense but please don't try and relate to paying a 54k dollar bill when you aren't swimming in millions, like this young man is.

You folks are looking at it from a 50-60k/ year perspective. It's a whole different world when you are a millonaire superstar.

He's "only making" 11m. $54k is a MONSTER bill still for a meal. He's not a billionaire.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Future;3591969 said:
Try 11 months. Having done extensive work in the dishwashing industry, I would be pretty stoked making 648k a year washing dishes.

.....I'd guess more like 24 months.