Dez Bryant: The lean, mean, receiving machine

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I saw a tweet where someone said he was starving himself and he replied by saying he ate like half a pizza last night from pizza hut.

Hopefully he's putting as much time in on mastering the offense.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4579652 said:
LOL. What was his, like .5 or something?

You'd die. I'm not sure 3.1% is believable either. Unless it was the water tank test it's all fairly inaccurate. 3% is fairly unhealthy, especially for long term.

Brian_C82

Reaction score
I can pretty much guarantee that's BS. Only bodybuilders in extreme shape for competition have bodyfat levels that low, and they can't maintain it for very long. Calipers are inaccurate.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
baj1dallas;4579661 said:
You'd die. I'm not sure 3.1% is believable either. Unless it was the water tank test it's all fairly inaccurate. 3% is fairly unhealthy, especially for long term.

Yeah, not sure about the 3.1%.

I read an article that said that Apolo Ohno had something in the mid 2's but I would wager every single thing he eats is carefully measured and there isn't a single item in his diet that is even remotely unhealthy.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
baj1dallas;4579661 said:
For men, I think a healthy percentage is somewhere around 15%, but that's for normal people, and professional football players aren't the norm. Still, I would think that 3% is cutting it close to bare minimum, though.

I found this just browsing around the net for a minute or so...kinda interesting.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=athlete-body-fat

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dodger;4579679 said:
For men, I think a healthy percentage is somewhere around 15%, but that's for normal people, and professional football players aren't the norm. Still, I would think that 3% is cutting it close to bare minimum, though.

I found this just browsing around the net for a minute or so...kinda interesting.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=athlete-body-fat

That's the article I saw a little bit back.

No sure where but his low number really stuck out.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
yea thats cool, but that 3.1% seems like its between his ears. He needs to learn the playbook so Tony can throw him the ball:laugh2:

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
GroundZero1970;4579694 said:
yea thats cool, but that 3.1% seems like its between his ears. He needs to learn the playbook so Tony can throw him the ball:laugh2:

1500 yds and 15 TD's in his first two years.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
yea he had decent stats but how many games did he disappear in?..how many wrong routes were ran?..how many reports were written about him running the wrong routes? etc....some of it was romo, some was the protection but alot of it was dez.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
GroundZero1970;4579708 said:
yea he had decent stats but how many games did he disappear in?..how many wrong routes were ran?..how many reports were written about him running the wrong routes? etc....some of it was romo, some was the protection but alot of it was dez.

Sure he isn't perfect; he has only been in the league for 2 years. I'd say he's right on track to get to where he needs to be.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
baj1dallas;4579661 said:

3% is inordinately healthy for a high performance athlete.

Pro athletes, especially skill position players are like Bugatti Veyrons, whereas the rest of us are like Toyota Corollas.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
baj1dallas;4579661 said:

right, even at 5% you get sick...you die....

preacher238

Reaction score
Well, I guess I am rather well off....that 30-40 % should keep me going should I ever be stranded in the tundra!!

:lmao:

jnday

Reaction score
preacher238;4579744 said:
Well, I guess I am rather well off....that 30-40 % should keep me going should I ever be stranded in the tundra!!

:lmao:

I just eat a Snicker bar and a Zero bar with a 44oz Coke to stay healthy. That was after my fried chicken and fried corn on the cob. It was good.