Dez Bryant: The lean, mean, receiving machine

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GroundZero1970;4579708 said:
yea he had decent stats but how many games did he disappear in?..how many wrong routes were ran?..how many reports were written about him running the wrong routes? etc....some of it was romo, some was the protection but alot of it was dez.

and according to Dez and coaches he is doing much better in terms of knowing the offense. Kid has talent and I'm not going to be surprised to see him have a big year.

dantheman41

Reaction score
TheSport78;4580222 said:
If Dez was 3% bodyfat, he wouldn't be out in the Texas heat, trust me. I bodybuild and the only times where I approach low body fat percentages like that is when I'm close to a show, but it's only temporary.

Thank you for finally bringing some perspective here. Some people here have no idea what they talking about

visionary

Reaction score
Frozen700;4579843 said:
smh...

Obviously you guys don't work out much, or know anything of the sort

3.1 body fat means nothing....it just means he is mostly all Muscle....not that he does not have any meat left on him.

It just means he trimmed most of the unnecessary fat, by either burning it...or turning it into muscle. Which is why he is so lean, and cut up.

I know some Body builders or guys who work out, who are 2 percent or less

i know several guys with 0% fat

theyre all dead ;)

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Frozen700;4579843 said:
smh...

Obviously you guys don't work out much, or know anything of the sort
Thank you for providing a perfect example of jumping to a premature, ignorant conclusion.

Frozen700

Reaction score
visionary;4580531 said:
i know several guys with 0% fat

theyre all dead ;)

lmao...

I have never heard 0....but i have heard...2-3..Maybe inaccurate..idk

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dodger;4580538 said:
Thank you for providing a perfect example of jumping to a premature, ignorant conclusion.

Your welcome Tom.

Come again

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Lonestar94;4579919 said:
You think Dez Bryant is lying to the world huh?
In case you forgotten what he looks like go look at a picture. 3% is very believable.

No, it's not. And he's not lying, he just got an inaccurate measurement. Simmer down.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
dantheman41;4580528 said:
Thank you for finally bringing some perspective here. Some people here have no idea what they talking about

I bet Dez was at a local gym and a personal trainer got him to use one of those hand grip body fat measurers. Those numbers are 99.9% of the time inaccurate. Dez is probably just under 10% BF, which is still very impressive.

interestedobserver

Reaction score
baj1dallas;4579661 said:
You'd die. I'm not sure 3.1% is believable either. Unless it was the water tank test it's all fairly inaccurate. 3% is fairly unhealthy, especially for long term.

I was 3.2% at 22, water tank tested. I think it's more an age thing. I've also heard that too low can lead to injury, but as long as you got there in a healthy way, there's no danger.

TheSport78

Reaction score
interestedobserver;4580660 said:
I was 3.2% at 22, water tank tested. I think it's more an age thing. I've also heard that too low can lead to injury, but as long as you got there in a healthy way, there's no danger.

3% bodyfat in any individual for a prolonged period of time isn't healthy. Your body needs fat for brain health, it protects your organs, and the body needs it as an energy source. I wouldn't recommend going under 5%.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I very highly doubt he is a legitimate 3% and if he is then Woicik is furious with him. In bodybuilding competitions, aka the guys who are juicing nearly year round and starving themselves/taking large amounts of diuretics days before the competition, usually register in the 3-5% range. It just isn't healthy and his muscle tissue is wasting away if he's doing this for any extended period of time. Bodybuilders can get away with it because they're on a lot of "gear", or steroid compounds. For an athlete that needs calories to fuel energy stores and maintain muscle mass then it's just stupid and irresponsible.

I'm hoping he just got it checked with calipers and he isn't legitimately 3% bodyfat.

TheSport78

Reaction score
gmoney112;4580736 said:
I very highly doubt he is a legitimate 3% and if he is then Woicik is furious with him. In bodybuilding competitions, aka the guys who are juicing nearly year round and starving themselves/taking large amounts of diuretics days before the competition, usually register in the 3-5% range. It just isn't healthy and his muscle tissue is wasting away if he's doing this for any extended period of time. Bodybuilders can get away with it because they're on a lot of "gear", or steroid compounds. For an athlete that needs calories to fuel energy stores and maintain muscle mass then it's just stupid and irresponsible.

I'm hoping he just got it checked with calipers and he isn't legitimately 3% bodyfat.

Hey now, I compete in natural bodybuilding shows and I've never touched a diuretic or anabolic steroid, and I was still around 3% body fat. Let's not stereotype :D

gmoney112

Reaction score
TheSport78;4580746 said:
Hey now, I compete in natural bodybuilding shows and I've never touched a diuretic or anabolic steroid, and I was still around 3% body fat. Let's not stereotype :D

A dying breed! Respect :bow:

I was facepalming after reading a couple of the posts where 3.1 percent was supposedly healthy and not hard to accomplish.

TheSport78

Reaction score
gmoney112;4580768 said:
A dying breed! Respect :bow:

I was facepalming after reading a couple of the posts where 3.1 percent was supposedly healthy and not hard to accomplish.

Haha I hear ya! It took me a while to get to this point (lost almost 100 lbs. since January of 2011) but it's an accomplishment I'll never forget.

Sadly, many cancer and terminally ill patients are around low percent body fat percentages like that. It's definitely not healthy long-term!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think the point is, he's looking and feeling good.