Dez Bryant: The lean, mean, receiving machine

dantheman41

Reaction score
Leonid-Istomin.jpg

That's 3 percent. I've seen his pictures. He is more like 7 or 8. TRUST ME. 7 or 8 is ridiculous as well. Just not THIS crazy. Most people are way off on numbers. The only accurate indicator is a body pod. These readings cost thousands of dollars to do. I am sure he didn't do that. Does he look like that picture? Heck no

I'd put 5 grand on it

jnday

Reaction score
zrinkill;4579974 said:
This thread just got very Chris Cooley like.

Yeah, I'm out. Too much man-love for me. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

RamziD

Reaction score
Well, I know what 27% looks like, and I'm sure he's not that :laugh2:

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4579652 said:
LOL. What was his, like .5 or something?

that's literally impossible.

i even doubt dez has a 3.1% bodyfat.

thats low to the point of being extremely unhealthy.

world class wrestlers who are completely shredded have a hard time staying under 5% and anyone who knows about wrestling knows how important it is to go in with as little fat and as much muscle as possible.

Zordon

Reaction score
Frozen700;4579843 said:
smh...

Obviously you guys don't work out much, or know anything of the sort

3.1 body fat means nothing....it just means he is mostly all Muscle....not that he does not have any meat left on him.

It just means he trimmed most of the unnecessary fat, by either burning it...or turning it into muscle. Which is why he is so lean, and cut up.

I know some Body builders or guys who work out, who are 2 percent or less
:lmao2:

Frozen700

Reaction score
jnday;4579998 said:
Yeah, I'm out. Too much man-love for me. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

oh there's a lot wrong with that....

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Essential body fat is between 3-5%. Not unhealthy but incredibly hard to sustain for long periods of time. Wouldn't affect him getting hit or anything but I'm willing to bet he dehydrated himself before test. And don't quote me but I believe calipers are up to 3% off. Not totally inaccurate all the time but bet that's what he was. I'd guess he's prob in that 3-5 range if he had a few days to prep for it.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I am the perfect weight for my height...

Well, I would be, if I was 8'6" tall... I'm not overweight, I'm undertall...

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
A man with only 3% body fat wouldn't be able to keep his pants from drooping down to his butt.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
If Dez was 3% bodyfat, he wouldn't be out in the Texas heat, trust me. I bodybuild and the only times where I approach low body fat percentages like that is when I'm close to a show, but it's only temporary.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Dodger;4579679 said:
For men, I think a healthy percentage is somewhere around 15%, but that's for normal people, and professional football players aren't the norm. Still, I would think that 3% is cutting it close to bare minimum, though.

I found this just browsing around the net for a minute or so...kinda interesting.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=athlete-body-fat

I think the absolute lowest I ever hit was around 6% and I felt like total crap. I was the weakest I have ever been in my life. It was expensive as hell to eat the things I needed to eat to get to that shape, plus the time it took to burn off fat and preserve muscle. Probably one glaring reason I was so washed out feeling was the fact that I did it without 'supplements' as many of my fellow players were using. No matter how well you eat, it is damn near impossible not to sacrifice muscle when cutting that far into your fat stores....for me it was only coming down from 10%. I looked good, but I was sure weak feeling.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Wolf2k5;4580168 said:
Essential body fat is between 3-5%. Not unhealthy but incredibly hard to sustain for long periods of time. Wouldn't affect him getting hit or anything but I'm willing to bet he dehydrated himself before test. And don't quote me but I believe calipers are up to 3% off. Not totally inaccurate all the time but bet that's what he was. I'd guess he's prob in that 3-5 range if he had a few days to prep for it.

Nobody uses calipers anymore. You either get dunked or they'll use an elctric type meter that somehow reads resistance through your body fat and calculates it that way.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear;4580205 said:
I am the perfect weight for my height...

Well, I would be, if I was 8'6" tall... I'm not overweight, I'm undertall...

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...

:lmao2: Undertall. I'll have to remember that one.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
When I was in the Navy, I was always running (long distance), swimming, and biking for triathlon and my lowest body fat was 9%. Now, I'm nowhere near the size of football players, I was only 5'9" 160 lbs, but I was very lean and muscular from all the exercises. I can't imagine being a 3% BF, I'm sure there are many but I never got that close, that's just crazy lean.