Image: Dez Bryant - Titans double-team

rd26

Reaction score
Pretty sure that was the first play of the game. They ran that once or twice more, but it was certainly not an all day thing.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Pretty sure that was the first play of the game. They ran that once or twice more, but it was certainly not an all day thing.

If it wasnt the first it was at the very end. That was the only time I saw it for sure, was at the game and watching dez almost the whole time.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hoofs point was down near the goal line, I can remember that game against the saints they did it near mid field

Really? We run a very successful play to Dez down there regularly. If Dez runs it right, Tony throws it right, and the officials don't flag for the push off, it is deadly. Disrupting that at the LOS seems an obvious approach

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yeah. Don't see why now people are surprised.

Not sure anyone is surprised. I said I've never seen it from that particular spot on the field. Typically in the redzone which is where that picture shows Dez against the Saints.

dbonham

Reaction score
A sight adjustment to a slant should disabuse opponents of that coverage

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broaddus breaks down the TD pass to Dez and it was all because we ran the ball. The safety came off Dez and crowded the line of scrimmage and it was pitch and catch with Tony. As others have said you are gonna have to pick your poison and it ain't pretty either way.

We've been hitting that route to Dez in the end zone since he's been here.

rd26

Reaction score
If it wasnt the first it was at the very end. That was the only time I saw it for sure, was at the game and watching dez almost the whole time.

Yeah I was at the game too. I saw that coverage once in the 4th quarter and the first play of the game. If they ran it again I missed it.

It always amazes me how different the game can be live vs. broadcast. Mo looked like an all star live but all that showed up on TV was 2 plays he almost made. Moore looked like garbage but made a few plays that showed up on TV that I missed live.

Doomsay

Reaction score
There might be a secondary consideration for defenses: the frustration factor. Some teams seem to like to get into Dez's head with chippy stuff and an inordinate amount of trash talking. He seems to be much better at handling that as he matures, but it still feels like there is a coserted effort to harass him in certain games. Seems like he is only frustrated these days is when he is wide open but unrecognized by the QB.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Who else is there to respect?

Williams? The guys who loves to catch with his body? Who loves jumping for every catch?

Beasley? The quick out routes?

Witten? Don't know where he has been, he has slowed down.

With Dez, we have an improved run game, to go along with this O-Line.

Oh geez. Here comes the Witten is slowing down talk again cause he didn't go off in the first two games....every year with these comments and every year he just continues to plug along and play big for the Cowboys. His numbers are down, btw, cause Dallas is running the ball more and more effectively. That's to be expected.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The times they chose to run that coverage were odd to say the least. Especially on the first offensive snap of the game. Maybe the D.Coordinator was trying to mentally take Bryant out of his game.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Oh geez. Here comes the Witten is slowing down talk again cause he didn't go off in the first two games....every year with these comments and every year he just continues to plug along and play big for the Cowboys. His numbers are down, btw, cause Dallas is running the ball more and more effectively. That's to be expected.

It's hard to accept, I know.