News: Dez Bryant tweets he wants to rejoin Dallas Cowboys 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by morasp, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

14,680 Messages
    15,742 Likes Received
  2. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta Well-Known Member

5,312 Messages
    3,706 Likes Received
    True, though Butler didn't throw team mates under the bus. As for Dez being more productive than butler. I don't know. I believed last year that he wasn't a true #1 anymore. #1s get double covered and teams didn't even bother double covering Dez anymore. Hard to tell how far he has fallen.

3. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,385 Messages
    3,012 Likes Received
    they should cover the people in the first row... Dak is just as likely to complete a pass to them.

4. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta Well-Known Member

5,312 Messages
    3,706 Likes Received
    I guess the Jury is still out on Dak. BTW out of curiosity, why do you think Dez hasn't been getting the offers he wants?

5. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,385 Messages
    3,012 Likes Received
    There is a myriad of reasons....... look at the teams that could actually benefit from a veteran like Dez.......or better yet, eliminate the teams that cant really use him.If you are a team that has zero chance of really contending... why would you want him? So take all of the teams with QBs in their first 2 seasons and basically eliminate those teams. They are looking down the road and dont need a personality like Dez.Now eliminate the teams that are in not the best shape with the cap. Now eliminate the true contenders that dont need a WR...I mean you can quickly see how you could get down to only a couple of teams. Also add in the fact that the Cowboys screwed him over, and instead of releasing him early, they released him after teams had basically signed all the free agents out there.

We have heard that Dez turned down an offer to play in Baltimore that could end up being a really bad decision, as it looks like that could have actually been a great place for him to go. Bottom lijne is he is young, but just like in 2015with crappy qbs, he had to play 16 and 17 with Dak the WR killer.

You think we are like 30th in passing ONLY because we have a bunch of crappy WRs? cmon

6. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    I don't think the Cowboys are wounded at all in terms of being all butt hurt over things said, nor in terms of receivers they are trotting out on the field.

I can honestly say that I do not believe that Dez would be an asset to this team even he were willing to play for free.

7. Verdict

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    Actually the idea that Dez cant play seems to be shared by 32 NFL teams. Even Josh Gordon found another team. The dude just can't play and is in a day dream world in which he thinks he is somehow still relevant.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  8. Verdict

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    32 teams seem to think otherwise.

9. SloMo_Joe

SloMo_Joe Well-Known Member

325 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I'm going to just put this out there.... http://suicidehotlines.com/
    Just in case this does happen.
    Some on here will definitely need it.

10. Verdict

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    That's nice. Coming from you it means I'm on the right track.

11. Verdict

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    That number should have already melted down from all the Dez Fan Boi use over the past 6 months.

12. Verdict

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    Actually right now a traffic cone is more scary to a defense than Dez Bryant. 32 teams say hello.

13. Qbert

Qbert Well-Known Member

1,192 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
    I didn’t see the game so idk, 65 was his passer rating, the qbr was 38

14. Verdict

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    Lol. Preach it bro.

15. Verdict

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    Do you guys think Dez reads cowboyszone.com? He has plenty of time on his hands, so there's no reason not to, plus it sounds like he is a big Cowboys fan.

16. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Well-Known Member

2,096 Messages
    2,023 Likes Received
    You’re right. He only threw coaches under the bus. No biggie

blumayne38 likes this.
  17. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

3,988 Messages
    3,381 Likes Received
    Dez is 29, not 39. Also, the Ravens and Browns thought he could play but Dez made a bad decision by not taking either one of their offers.

18. Verdict

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    Or maybe it was all just (gasp) made up to generate interest in Dez. Lol. Doesn't that make more sense than believing that the team that offered him a ton of money, wouldn't now sign him for a fraction of that knowing that there is zero market for him. Man you guys are seriously naive.

19. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

3,510 Messages
    2,323 Likes Received
    But who is Sean lee now? I love lee as a player but guy can’t stay on the field captains are on the field, at this point. Lee is a coach/player.

jwooten15 likes this.
  20. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

3,510 Messages
    2,323 Likes Received
    Right...but but butler has a connection with Dak

DejectedFan1996 likes this.