News: Dez Bryant tweets he wants to rejoin Dallas Cowboys 2018 Season

ClintDagger

Reaction score
He is not the type to quickly acclimate to a new scheme unless the new team alters their scheme for him.

He struggled to learn the Cowboys scheme and he was here 8 seasons.

Once he didn't go to training camp with a team, his chances of getting signed drastically declined.

Based on his comments he thinks a Super Bowl contender will have an injury to a WR and will then pay him big money to join their team. He thinks that if he joins a SB contender that they will become the favorite to win the SB.
I think most of what you say is accurate. I don’t know that his issues were learning the scheme as much as he isn’t a crisp route runner. But at the end of the day you are pretty much echoing what I’m saying. It isn’t a talent deficiency keeping Dez at home, it’s all of the non-talent issues like his inflated sense of worth, issues in the locker room / sidelines, social media, etcetera. If he didn’t have those he would be on a team right now regardless of whether he runs the right routes all of the time. A guy like Rodgers could get a lot of mileage out of Dez as a #2 or #3 option. He’s essentially his own worst enemy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think most of what you say is accurate. I don’t know that his issues were learning the scheme as much as he isn’t a crisp route runner. But at the end of the day you are pretty much echoing what I’m saying. It isn’t a talent deficiency keeping Dez at home, it’s all of the non-talent issues like his inflated sense of worth, issues in the locker room / sidelines, social media, etcetera. If he didn’t have those he would be on a team right now regardless of whether he runs the right routes all of the time. A guy like Rodgers could get a lot of mileage out of Dez as a #2 or #3 option. He’s essentially his own worst enemy.

The Cowboys are partially responsible.

Dez had his 1st training camp when Wade was still the HC. There was zero discipline on the team and by then the inmates were running the asylum.

Garrett brought better discipline but it took a few years to dump the bad apples.

If Parcells or Jimmy had been the HC, Dez would not have been allowed to get by with all of his nonsense.

It might have been a bit better if Dez had arrived a few years after Garrett became HC but Garrett's primary method of instilling discipline has been to avoid having problematic players on the roster and instead get college team captains.

I would love to have seen Dez play for Jimmy...

Under Jimmy, he would either have been traded away after a couple of years or would have been an All-Time great WR.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
The Cowboys are partially responsible.

Dez had his 1st training camp when Wade was still the HC. There was zero discipline on the team and by then the inmates were running the asylum.

Garrett brought better discipline but it took a few years to dump the bad apples.

If Parcells or Jimmy had been the HC, Dez would not have been allowed to get by with all of his nonsense.

It might have been a bit better if Dez had arrived a few years after Garrett became HC but Garrett's primary method of instilling discipline has been to avoid having problematic players on the roster and instead get college team captains.

I would love to have seen Dez play for Jimmy...

Under Jimmy, he would either have been traded away after a couple of years or would have been an All-Time great WR.
I agree with your overall sentiment. Dez should still be a top flight wideout with a few more elite years. He got by totally on raw talent and never learned the little things that vets usually pick up along the way. Some of that is the organizations fault, no doubt. As such, his athleticism is declining and he hasn’t done anything to offset that. So he’s fallen from a top 3 receiver, to top 10, to top 20, and now would be down to top 50 and falling. He should probably still be a top 15-20 guy wearing a Dallas uniform and helping this team win. Instead, he’s simply no longer worth the trouble.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hasn't he burned too many bridges with his mouth? And that's not heat of the moment sideline antics.

Bryant is like that girl that gets mad and tells everyone you've got a small Johnson, then can't find a date and wants to make love again.

J-man

Reaction score
It may help, it may not/ If he's willing to play for cheap than I say we do it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So 13 then.

You have no legit points to make. You keep yelling nonsense that isn't even true. When people correct your lies you just keep repeating them over and over.
You are not debating any points. Anyone who brings facts causes you to go back to your weird attempt to frame them into having some homosexual fantasies about Dez Bryant.

Your post are not getting any positive feedback. You are clearly an internet troll. What strange is your total fascination with Dez Bryant. You have about 10k post bashing Dez. I guess you latch on to this topic because you need the attention.

You spent so much time doing this before the season that the moderators on this board had to make a decision to automatically move any Dez thread into the dramazone.

Mic drop

ShortRound

Reaction score
So 13 then.

You have no legit points to make. You keep yelling nonsense that isn't even true. When people correct your lies you just keep repeating them over and over.
You are not debating any points. Anyone who brings facts causes you to go back to your weird attempt to frame them into having some homosexual fantasies about Dez Bryant.

Your post are not getting any positive feedback. You are clearly an internet troll. What strange is your total fascination with Dez Bryant. You have about 10k post bashing Dez. I guess you latch on to this topic because you need the attention.

You spent so much time doing this before the season that the moderators on this board had to make a decision to automatically move any Dez thread into the dramazone.

BYLX4Bs.gif

:lmao2::popcorn::clap:

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
So did Drew Pearson. Should we bring him back too?

Really? Wow.. What a reach.. Who else ya gonna google up? Forget it. Ridiculous comment. Bring back Bob Hayes as well. Point is, Dez wouldn't mind coming back. Dallas needs help at WR. They should've grabbed Gordon, but, didn't.. Why not? They have had worse mental cases on the team.

blumayne38

Reaction score
The point was, why bring in another receiver that doesn't scare anybody, that's been pretty spare the last few years.?
Dez draws double teams but nah they aren’t scared what they weren’t scared of was Dak being able to drop dimes

Verdict

Reaction score
Really? Wow.. What a reach.. Who else ya gonna google up? Forget it. Ridiculous comment. Bring back Bob Hayes as well. Point is, Dez wouldn't mind coming back. Dallas needs help at WR. They should've grabbed Gordon, but, didn't.. Why not? They have had worse mental cases on the team.

If Dallas needs receivers (maybe so) they still don't need a player who sucks (Dez).