News: Dez Bryant tweets he wants to rejoin Dallas Cowboys 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by morasp, Oct 2, 2018.

1. ClintDagger

ClintDagger Well-Known Member

920 Messages
    1,359 Likes Received
    I think most of what you say is accurate. I don’t know that his issues were learning the scheme as much as he isn’t a crisp route runner. But at the end of the day you are pretty much echoing what I’m saying. It isn’t a talent deficiency keeping Dez at home, it’s all of the non-talent issues like his inflated sense of worth, issues in the locker room / sidelines, social media, etcetera. If he didn’t have those he would be on a team right now regardless of whether he runs the right routes all of the time. A guy like Rodgers could get a lot of mileage out of Dez as a #2 or #3 option. He’s essentially his own worst enemy.

2. pugilist

pugilist Stick N Move

6,653 Messages
    8,813 Likes Received
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

40,996 Messages
    38,516 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are partially responsible.

Dez had his 1st training camp when Wade was still the HC. There was zero discipline on the team and by then the inmates were running the asylum.

Garrett brought better discipline but it took a few years to dump the bad apples.

If Parcells or Jimmy had been the HC, Dez would not have been allowed to get by with all of his nonsense.

It might have been a bit better if Dez had arrived a few years after Garrett became HC but Garrett's primary method of instilling discipline has been to avoid having problematic players on the roster and instead get college team captains.

I would love to have seen Dez play for Jimmy...

Under Jimmy, he would either have been traded away after a couple of years or would have been an All-Time great WR.

4. ClintDagger

ClintDagger Well-Known Member

920 Messages
    1,359 Likes Received
    I agree with your overall sentiment. Dez should still be a top flight wideout with a few more elite years. He got by totally on raw talent and never learned the little things that vets usually pick up along the way. Some of that is the organizations fault, no doubt. As such, his athleticism is declining and he hasn’t done anything to offset that. So he’s fallen from a top 3 receiver, to top 10, to top 20, and now would be down to top 50 and falling. He should probably still be a top 15-20 guy wearing a Dallas uniform and helping this team win. Instead, he’s simply no longer worth the trouble.

5. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

14,837 Messages
    24,579 Likes Received
    Hasn't he burned too many bridges with his mouth? And that's not heat of the moment sideline antics.

Bryant is like that girl that gets mad and tells everyone you've got a small Johnson, then can't find a date and wants to make love again.

Swanny likes this.
  6. J-man

J-man Active Member

112 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    It may help, it may not/ If he's willing to play for cheap than I say we do it.

7. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

15,207 Messages
    14,734 Likes Received
    Mic drop

superonyx likes this.
  8. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    Wish I could like his post again but it seems impossible. Still, it was very well played if I must say so myself.

CowboyStar88 likes this.
  9. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

8,540 Messages
    28,051 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

:lmao2::popcorn::clap:

10. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

8,540 Messages
    28,051 Likes Received
    He should have sign with Baltimore

LocimusPrime and Aviano90 like this.
  11. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    And, none of the WR's Dallas have now scare anyone. So, that point is moot..

LocimusPrime likes this.
  12. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    Really? Wow.. What a reach.. Who else ya gonna google up? Forget it. Ridiculous comment. Bring back Bob Hayes as well. Point is, Dez wouldn't mind coming back. Dallas needs help at WR. They should've grabbed Gordon, but, didn't.. Why not? They have had worse mental cases on the team.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  13. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

20,321 Messages
    31,450 Likes Received
  14. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta Well-Known Member

4,043 Messages
    2,148 Likes Received
    Karma happened to him I guess. Hasn't had an interception since 2016. Not that we can brag, but still :)

15. Gangsta Spanksta

4,043 Messages
    2,148 Likes Received
    The point was, why bring in another receiver that doesn't scare anybody, that's been pretty spare the last few years.?

16. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

2,594 Messages
    1,621 Likes Received
    Dez draws double teams but nah they aren’t scared what they weren’t scared of was Dak being able to drop dimes

17. Gangsta Spanksta

4,043 Messages
    2,148 Likes Received
    Dez stopped drawing double teams.

Aviano90 likes this.
  18. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

18,661 Messages
    12,212 Likes Received
    If Dallas needs receivers (maybe so) they still don't need a player who sucks (Dez).

19. Verdict

18,661 Messages
    12,212 Likes Received
    Dez rides the short bus.

20. Verdict

18,661 Messages
    12,212 Likes Received
    No.