Dez Bryant vs. Justin Blackmon

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Risen Star;4588431 said:
Because I thought Blackmon didn't have the mental issues Dez has.

Now obviously I have to reconsider that with this DUI.

But I'd be lying if I said I would have picked Dez all along. I still don't believe he'll ever be as good as he can be and it has everything to do with the mental side of the game.

Dude, are you sure your a Cowboys fan??? I mean with all the negativity that you post??? I guess your just a "glass half empty kind of guy." :)

stowle07

Reaction score
Arkyvarminter;4588449 said:
Dude, are you sure your a Cowboys fan??? I mean with all the negativity that you post??? I guess your just a "glass half empty kind of guy." :)

I don't think he was trying to be negative. I think he realizes Dez as the superior potential athlete, I just think he doesn't believe in Dez's ability to reach his potential.

Even though I think Dez is making great strides and I do believe he will reach his monstrous potential, I see where his concern makes sense.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Something about Blackmon always bugged me in college, I thought he would be some people's definition of a "bust" because he would never be an all-pro or considered a top 10 WR in the NFL.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If Blackmon was a Cowboy the espn trucks would still be parked outside of valley ranch with hourly reports.

If Dez were a jag u are the sagging pants and jewelry bill wouldn't be more than a tiny blip on PFT.

Dez is gonna lead the team in rec yards and tds this season. IMO.

TonyRomoRules

Reaction score
Dez all day. I watched blackmon play some last year at osu and i never saw him make any catches like the ones i have seen dez catch. Dez is maturing more and more so he will get better and better.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stowle07;4588454 said:
I don't think he was trying to be negative. I think he realizes Dez as the superior potential athlete, I just think he doesn't believe in Dez's ability to reach his potential.

Even though I think Dez is making great strides and I do believe he will reach his monstrous potential, I see where his concern makes sense.

I guess you haven't seen many of his posts.

Dez is public enemy #1 because the media says so. Never mind that he's a law-abiding citizen who has done some incredible things on the field already and is improving as we speak. Let's just nitpick everything he does and crown him as the villain because that's so much easier than thinking for ourselves.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Arkyvarminter;4588449 said:

He hates skill positions. That's one thing you'll learn about him. He is convinced CB's are completely worthless, and you can trot anybody out there as long as you have a pass rush. So I'm guess his feelings go over to the other side of the ball as well.

Risen is the "build from the trenches" type of guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but he is a bit extreme about it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dez could become awesome. I'm not sure how we can compare a player who has not played a single NFL down yet to him--one way or the other. I mean we can compare styles, but how would anyone know who will better yet?
Maybe we should check back in on this in a couple fo years?

stowle07

Reaction score
dadymat;4589347 said:
because Dez wears a Cowboys jersey ......

I'm not trying to be a blind fan. That's like saying that you would draft Ogletree over Randy Moss because Ogletree wears a Cowboys jersey.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It was Dez when he was at OSU.

It was Dez before Blackmon was drafted.

It was Dez before the DUI.

Blackmon is going to be a pretty dang good WR in the NFL, I believe, but he was never in any danger of being better than Dez.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
stowle07;4589365 said:
I'm not trying to be a blind fan. That's like saying that you would draft Ogletree over Randy Moss because Ogletree wears a Cowboys jersey.

:confused: me saying Risen would choose Blackmon over Dez because Dez wears a Cowboys jersey is like saying i would take Ogletree over Randy Moss?.....please explain

dcboy

Reaction score
Physically, Dez all day. They are both physical wrs but Blackmon isn't big. That concerns me. He isn't terribly fast either. I don't think anything about Blackmon physically is going to be a problem for defenses. That doesn't mean that he can't be good though.

Mentally is not as easy. I'm not talking about off the field stuff. Route running, setting up the db, polish as a wr. I have heard that Blackmon coming out of college was considerably better than Dez was coming out in these areas. Weeden talked about how Blackmon knew how to set up the cb based on how the guys feet were set up. Thats pretty impressive for a college wr. I also heard a miked up Patrick Peterson laughing at how Dez only ran a few routes. If you think about how little he played in college, it can be expected that he would need polish. He is getting it now. :starspin

I don't think its fair to compare them as players today. If you were picking one guy for this year only, only a fool would pick Blackmon over Dez. Longterm, I would still pick Dez, but give Blackmon a chance he could surprise.

Frozen700

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;4589098 said:
Are we talking first half Dez or second half Dez?

:lmao2:

Oh man, that joke was so funny, and original. How did you come up with it?