News: Dez Bryant wants DeMarco Murray to 'come on home' to Dallas

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'm with you, just going over the numbers as is.

I wouldn't do it unless the whole deal was re-donne.

I want a rookie to take over unless he get Miller.

Getting rid of DMC and not bringing back Dunbar clears 3.6m to spend on Miller.

LMiller+ Drake+ Turbin >>>>Murray + Dixon + Turbin >>>> DMC + Turbin + Dunbar

I'll take Miller at that rate. I would still keep DMC too. We can draft 2nd, 3rd, 4th round though instead of already paying $5 million a season.

Bet you would take David Johnson from Arizona. He didn't start right away, Chris Johnson did. Gave the kid time to learn more blocking and the scheme. A 3rd rounder who almost fell into the 4th. We have not been hitting on our 3rd to 5th round picks and that's been a soft spot to get rb's the past several drafts. McFadden is here and will help with a rookie learning curve.

They're committed to McFadden this year and they said so. You don't show the locker room that a guy produced the way he did and was basically the offense at that kind of money and then just cut him.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dez needs to get traded to the iggles so he can be with his man crush, Murray. Dez was as useless to the Cowboys as Murrays was to the iggles in 2015 so those two belong together.

Dude played after breaking his foot 6-7 weeks later for us. Are you serious?

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yeah, can't wait to watch us baby Romo again behind this run game, and watch Murray fumble in the playoffs.

Good times

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I hate that dude, hell yes I'm serious.

Lmao! You do know if we were naive enough to trade him the cap hit we would take right? That bonus would shoot right into our cap this year.

The moral of that locker room would just plummet.

Go show players that when a guy goes out and plays after an injury like that and has typical negative results and probably knows he will, but goes out anyways for everyone else and then gets shipped. The locker room will just gel then. :rolleyes:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lmao! You do know if we were naive enough to trade him the cap hit we would take right? That bonus would shoot right into our cap this year.

The moral of that locker room would just plummet.

Go show players that when a guy goes out and plays after an injury like that and has typical negative results and probably knows he will, but goes out anyways for everyone else and then gets shipped. The locker room will just gel then. :rolleyes:

How is that cap hit any more ridiculous than the cap hit Dez suggest the iggles take by letting Murray come back to Dallas? Shipping Dez out would cause a party to break out... he's a waste of money.

robjay04

Reaction score
How is that cap hit any more ridiculous than the cap hit Dez suggest the iggles take by letting Murray come back to Dallas? Shipping Dez out would cause a party to break out... he's a waste of money.

I understand you are just trolling and don't merit much of a response but the cap hit to get rid of Dez would be 25 million dollars. I could care less that a Dallas Cowboy wants the Eagles to take a cap hit by getting rid of him...I do care that my favorite team will take a 25 million cap hit to get rid of a very good football player and you should to, regardless of your feelings for him. Dez only has the most touchdowns in the league when healthy.

Be realistic for a minute... and realize you are stuck with him. Get him healthy and hope he can duplicate his previous seasons. If he is that bad of a player, we can cut him after this year and actually have some savings on the cap.

AKATheRake

Reaction score

That's Dez talking, not the front office of the Cowboys or the front office of the Eagles. Those are the people who make the decisions. Dez would be even more of a cap hit than Murray since he was granted more bonus/guarantees in his contract. Plus Dez is a much more significant player than Murray is.

It goes to show how much camaraderie means to these players in the locker room. They bond and when they are sent packing it affects the locker room.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I understand you are just trolling and don't merit much of a response but the cap hit to get rid of Dez would be 25 million dollars. I could care less that a Dallas Cowboy wants the Eagles to take a cap hit by getting rid of him...I do care that my favorite team will take a 25 million cap hit to get rid of a very good football player and you should to, regardless of your feelings for him. Dez only has the most touchdowns in the league when healthy.

Be realistic for a minute... and realize you are stuck with him. Get him healthy and hope he can duplicate his previous seasons. If he is that bad of a player, we can cut him after this year and actually have some savings on the cap.

Now who's trolling? Dez sucks and a waste of money... 25 million is a steal to get out of that contract. He's a bum, trade him now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's Dez talking, not the front office of the Cowboys or the front office of the Eagles. Those are the people who make the decisions. Dez would be even more of a cap hit than Murray since he was granted more bonus/guarantees in his contract. Plus Dez is a much more significant player than Murray is.

It goes to show how much camaraderie means to these players in the locker room. They bond and when they are sent packing it affects the locker room.

I know dude and I just want that bromance to be rekindled... in Philly. Trade Dez now!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If the Eagles cut Murray (which I don't believe they will), I'd take him back for $2 million a year. Murray deserted us to take advantage of his player of the year season. If he comes back, we take advantage of his 3.6-YPC year.

I could live with a backfield of Murray and McFadden. I don't expect it, but I could live with it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

You are way too obsessed with the locker room. Half the team changes every year.

DMC didn't earn any roster protection. He got paid last year and did OK, that's it.

If Millier or Murray or a rookie is better than him then he is cut, no questions.

robjay04

Reaction score
You are way too obsessed with the locker room. Half the team changes every year.

DMC didn't earn any roster protection. He got paid last year and did OK, that's it.

If Millier or Murray or a rookie is better than him then he is cut, no questions.

I personally would prefer to keep DMAC even if we add a Miller/Murray or a rookie. We have 3 spots, I think McFadden at least deserves to compete for one...we don't have to cut him if we add a more talented player.