News: Dez Bryant wants DeMarco Murray to 'come on home' to Dallas

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I personally would prefer to keep DMAC even if we add a Miller/Murray or a rookie. We have 3 spots, I think McFadden at least deserves to compete for one...we don't have to cut him if we add a more talented player.

Still too much to invest in RB imo. Plus the 2m can be used on a CB or FS

robjay04

Reaction score
Still too much to invest in RB imo. Plus the 2m can be used on a CB or FS

As long as we aren't 2M shy of upgrading at another spot, I'm okay with it. I hope we aren't that close to the cap though.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
As long as we aren't 2M shy of upgrading at another spot, I'm okay with it. I hope we aren't that close to the cap though.

We shouldn't be. But I'm already letting them splurge 2m on guys like Gachkar, Leary, Bern.

I want a proven QB2 and will keep Free at 4m and probably Church at the same.

Another 2m for a 29 RB that is very average and doesn't play STs if I have Miller and a rookie seems like a huge waste when I can get 10 guys for the minimum.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
You are way too obsessed with the locker room. Half the team changes every year.

DMC didn't earn any roster protection. He got paid last year and did OK, that's it.

If Millier or Murray or a rookie is better than him then he is cut, no questions.

Locker room camaraderie is one of the variables teams look at when keeping, letting go, or signing a new player. Not an obsession.

Only one using the word "protection" is you.

If you think DMC is not worth $2.1 million at his current production and he will be in a contract year this coming season, then all the power to you.

I'm not even his greatest fan. Wish he was better after contact. But he was well worth what he got paid last season and if he could continue that next season, at that rate, then he's a bargain and productive player to have on this team.

He literally was the bit of offense we had last season and the opposition continually lined up 8 men in the box. Other than our o-line, he must have felt like he was still playing in Oakland last season. Still got 4.6 yards a carry.

Philly is not taking a $13 million cap hit next year to cut Murray. Pederson likes to run the ball and can use him.

Last edited:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We shouldn't be. But I'm already letting them splurge 2m on guys like Gachkar, Leary, Bern.

I want a proven QB2 and will keep Free at 4m and probably Church at the same.

Another 2m for a 29 RB that is very average and doesn't play STs if I have Miller and a rookie seems like a huge waste when I can get 10 guys for the minimum.

We won't have Miller and we most certainly won't have Miller and a rookie.

Like I said, McFadden is in a contract year, we won't have him till 30. This will be his last season. Groom a rookie while he is here and save $5-$7 million a season to up the defensive front and our secondary.

Gachkar can go before Mcfadden. Leary is a player when healthy and a restricted FA. Bern is worth keeping as he can backup 3 spots across the line in a moments notice. Free is 50/50, less if we draft a RT in the 2nd or 3rd.

We will either draft a QB in the 1st 2 rounds or sign RG3. If Johnny gets charged or a restraining order against him we're not going to pick him up. Sounds like it's going to happen. If neither get signed before the draft, we know where we are going for the backup QB and that means we probably like both Goff and Wentz and are happy to take either with 4th overall.

I know many are sour on Connor Cook but I would take him in a heartbeat in the 2nd round.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Rookie round 3-4... Keep it moving. Stop living in the past.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I agree we should dictate his life because we are the innocent all knowing fans.

I'm not "dictating" anything, just giving my opinion that I hope he gets his act together. If you're hoping for a repeat of 2015, just say the word?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dude played after breaking his foot 6-7 weeks later for us. Are you serious?

Hes dead serious he hates dez, was talking about trading him in another thread saying we should bring in Treadwell and he will do exactly what dez does for cheaper.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
What if Demarco came right back because he never really quit playing for the Cowboys?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hes dead serious he hates dez, was talking about trading him in another thread saying we should bring in Treadwell and he will do exactly what dez does for cheaper.

Treadwell is 1 of the 4 players I would take at our current spot but he's not Dez yet.

Dude's totally forgetting about the cap and not many teams have a WR of Dez's capabilities.

Dez when healthy is the leagues TD machine at WR. He's almost good for a TD a game himself.

That doesn't just get replaced. Especially to take a $25,000,000 cap hit in 1 shot. Give me 2 top 10 picks which no team has and no ******** cap hit and I would do it.

But that's 2 blue chip players for 1 proven blue chip player and no hit. Doesn't exist can it's not realistic to ship Dez for more reason than just $. There's only so many impact players in this league. Dez is one of them.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Would have been better for him to not have left in the first place. I'm sure the team would welcome him, but I don't want him back.

I mean to what end...

Is he going to have comparable year to 2014?
When he fumbles there will be major rueage the day after.

Just say no.

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dez Bryant wants DeMarco Murray to 'come on home' to Dallas

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/...marco-murray-to-come-on-home-to-dallas-020416

DeMarco Murray didn't have the success in his first season with the Philadelphia Eagles that he had with the Dallas Cowboys.

After reports surfaced that an unhappy Murray may be ready to leave Philly, Dez Bryant tweeted that he should come back to Dallas.

Dez Bryant

@DezBryant

@JasonWitten @tonyromo @DeMarcoMurray come on home http://D.Moe #cowboys

1:56 PM - 4 Feb 2016

A season after he was the NFL's leading rusher (1,845 yards) with the Dallas Cowboys, Murray only had 702 yards with the Eagles in 2015.

Murray says hes niot looking to leave philly
http://abc7chicago.com/sports/demarco-murray-says-he-isnt-looking-to-leave-eagles/1187466/

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A season after he was the NFL's leading rusher (1,845 yards) with the Dallas Cowboys, Murray only had 702 yards with the Eagles in 2015.

Is there anyone who did not predict this would happen?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude's totally forgetting about the cap and not many teams have a WR of Dez's capabilities.
I think it's more about Bryant not caring about the team's salary cap than him not remembering the team has one. It's the same line of thinking that Michael Irvin has expressed on several occasions, especially about Murray. Perhaps the whole not giving a flip about the cap is a wide receiver thang?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
We have an injury prone RB already according to everyone on here, why get another one? I hope he stays and rots in Philly like he should.