Dez Bryant Wants Ed Reed in Dallas

IAmLegend

Reaction score
via twitter:

Dez Bryant ‏@DezBryant
We need ED REED!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the man what he wants, Jerry! Reed would be better than anything we have currently. I know it's almost guaranteed not to happen, but would be a nice addition for a year or two. Then we draft a safety in the 2nd or 2rd round and groom him behind one of the best to ever do it. It's a pipe dream that makes sense.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Dez Bryant ‏@DezBryant
"I like him too" RT @CSty: @DezBryant what bout Kenny vaccarro from Texas

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I do too! Who wouldnt? Granted he only has 2 years left plus we cant afford him. Hes the 2nd best safety in the league. But its a done deal he'll sign with the texans.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5024346 said:
I do too! Who wouldnt? Granted he only has 2 years left plus we cant afford him. Hes the 2nd best safety in the league. But its a done deal he'll sign with the texans.

Whos first?

On the NFL Network someone said they would take Charles Woodson over Ed Reed at this point in their careers. He said Ed Reed has really dropped off, is this true?

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
One person in know said it's "50-50 at best" that Ed Reed signs in Houston. A return to Balt. still possible. SF and IND loom as longshots.

9darter

Reaction score
I don't know many players I respect more than Mr. Reed. What an amazing talent. But no thanks.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Lonestar94;5024350 said:
Whos first?

On the NFL Network someone said they would take Charles Woodson over Ed Reed at this point in their careers. He said Ed Reed has really dropped off, is this true?

Polamalu?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Lonestar94;5024350 said:
Whos first?

IMHO, Woodson is done. He has zero speed left.

Reed doesn't have much left in the take either but still has enough speed to still be a ballhawk.

Frankly, neither are anything but 1 year stop-gaps - at best.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He goes back to Baltimore honestly. I'd love to see a report saying he's staying in Texas one more day for another interview.....

SDCowboy

Reaction score
And pay for him how? We're still scraping the salary cap ceiling and still will have to sign draft picks as well.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Lonestar94;5024350 said:
Whos first?

Ed Reed might be the best S to ever play the game...there hasn't been anyone better over the last decade.

Didn't he contemplate retiring before last season? I'm surprised that he'd even consider anywhere other than Balt, especially now that he has a Super Bowl.

Zordon

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;5024388 said:
Not a good move by Dez.

IMO.
How so? I find it refreshing one of our players actually speaks up for once.

Carl23

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;5024388 said:
Not a good move by Dez.

IMO.

I agree. Nothing better than for your teammates to hear that you don't think they are any good.

Shut it, Dez.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Zordon;5024422 said:
How so? I find it refreshing one of our players actually speaks up for once.

Read the next post.

Carl23;5024424 said:
I agree. Nothing better than for your teammates to hear that you don't think they are any good.

Shut it, Dez.

Let it play itself out and then become that voice. Then calling out those guys is in the right place as opposed to saying his teammates are not as good or can't be as good as an aging player...right now.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;5024427 said:
Read the next post.

Let it play itself out and then become that voice. Then calling out those guys is in the right place as opposed to saying his teammates are not as good or can't be as good as an aging player...right now.

Umm I understand your premise.. But does anyone really think Barry Church, Matt Johnson or Danny McCray would realistically think / believe they are close to the same caliber at this point of their careers as an accomplished pro bowler FS Ed Reed? I am sure they are confident young guys but I don't think any of them are delusional enough to think they are and that in turn should take Dez comments for anything more than they are..

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
cheftjpeck;5024435 said:
Umm I understand your premise.. But does anyone really think Barry Church, Matt Johnson or Danny McCray would realistically think / believe they are close to the same caliber at this point of their careers as an accomplished pro bowler FS Ed Reed? I am sure they are confident young guys but I don't think any of them are delusional enough to think they are and that in turn should take Dez comments for anything more than they are..

Smack in the face from one of the Cowboys best young players for everyone to see.

I don't think he is wrong for thinking it, I think he is wrong for saying it to the media/fans.

That is a behind closed doors conversation within the business.

A leader builds his team, not detracts from it. That is why Landry, Jimmy J, Aikman, Roger, Randy, and more than a handful of others made the Cowboys one of the favorites in the world.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Carl23;5024424 said:

Shut it, Dez.
michael irvin told jimmy johnson in 1989 training camp

"coach, these are the guys that must go"

the rest is history