Dez Bryant Wants Ed Reed in Dallas

The Natural

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;5024388 said:
Not a good move by Dez.

IMO.

Carl23;5024424 said:
I agree. Nothing better than for your teammates to hear that you don't think they are any good.

Shut it, Dez.

You two have got to be kidding me.

Reed is a First ballot HOF. I'm not even advocating we sign the guy but Is Dez supposed to be afraid of hurting someone's feeling who he has yet to see take the field (ala Matt whats his name)?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Reed's stats weren't great last year. Burned a lot, etc. But overall he plays big in big games. But he is old and has been injured. The reality is we need to think about the future..not 1, maybe 2 years. Reed doesn't cover that. Great for leadership, bad for reliability.

Zordon

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;5024427 said:
Read the next post.

Let it play itself out and then become that voice. Then calling out those guys is in the right place as opposed to saying his teammates are not as good or can't be as good as an aging player...right now.
lol you're crazy. nobody in that locker room even knows what matt johnson looks like. like i said it's good to see a young player SPEAK UP for once on this team and be invested in the future competitiveness of this team.

Titleist

Reaction score
Lonestar94;5024350 said:
Whos first?

On the NFL Network someone said they would take Charles Woodson over Ed Reed at this point in their careers. He said Ed Reed has really dropped off, is this true?

I don't see how anyone could argue with Earl Thomas being the best in the league. The Seahawks routinely leave him alone in the deep part of the field, and he rarely if ever lets the big play happen.

montgod

Reaction score
The Natural;5024479 said:

Reed is a First ballot HOF. I'm not even advocating we sign the guy but Is Dez supposed to be afraid of hurting someone's feeling who he has yet to see take the field (ala Matt whats his name)?

I have to agree. It's not like didn't bring it last year when he could have shut it down to injury. I don't see his comments as being over the top... I am just glad he has turned a corner and wants to win on both sides of ball.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
The Natural;5024479 said:

Exactly. Besides, there is a hole in the roster since Sensabaugh was released... unless you think the Cowboys have oft-injured Matt Johnson and still-injured Barry Church penciled in as starters at FS and SS. It's obvious the Cowboys are going to bring someone in. It seems all Dez is saying is, "why not Ed Reed?"

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
JonJon;5024510 said:
Exactly. Besides, there is a hole in the roster since Sensabaugh was released... unless you think the Cowboys have oft-injured Matt Johnson and still-injured Barry Church penciled in as starters at FS and SS. It's obvious the Cowboys are going to bring someone in. It seems all Dez is saying is, "why not Ed Reed?"

Would be nice to sign him , but as others have noted, where is the money coming from ?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Future;5024420 said:
Ed Reed might be the best S to ever play the game...there hasn't been anyone better over the last decade.

Didn't he contemplate retiring before last season? I'm surprised that he'd even consider anywhere other than Balt, especially now that he has a Super Bowl.

Ronnie Lott.

Reed was definitely the best safety of this decade.

xpistofer

Reaction score
cowboys#1;5024451 said:
michael irvin told jimmy johnson in 1989 training camp

"coach, these are the guys that must go"

the rest is history

exactly...he told Jimmy personally...he didn't announce his list to the media.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;5024457 said:
too old

draft Vaccarro

I'd still take him in a second.

Until we can actually get some help back there i'll take his smarts in our secondary any day of the week.

Ed Reed would make me a lot more optimistic about our team next season.

That is exactly the type of player we need if we can do it at the right price.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think some of you may be taking the OP's comments to be Dez's comments. Dez only said "We need Ed Reed!"

That is not a slight at all considering we just cut our starting safety and basically have one guy who got hurt after 1 game, and another who never saw the field.

Carl23

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5024594 said:
I think some of you may be taking the OP's comments to be Dez's comments. Dez only said "We need Ed Reed!"

Why, I do believe that you are correct. I swear I was sober when I first read it.

I retract my 'Shut it, Dez' comment.

**thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious to me.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with expressing a desire to have a player coming to your team...

jjktkk

Reaction score
Reed is a 1st ballot HOFer, but he wanted to retire last year, which makes question his desire. Plus he is awlfully close to being done with his career. Will he really be motivated to play this year? I'd prefer Dalls to sign a younger vet. S.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jjktkk;5024611 said:
Reed is a 1st ballot HOFer, but he wanted to retire last year, which makes question his desire. Plus he is awlfully close to being done with his career. Will he really be motivated to play this year? I'd prefer Dalls to sign a younger vet. S.

If you put him on a team like Dallas I think he would definetely be motivated to play.

If he goes to the Bengals or some team like that than maybe not so much.

Dallas definetely could use this guy.

We have a safety with little experience coming off an achilles and a bunch of young guys.

I'd love to get Ed Reed for a couple of years. He could really be a difference maker for us.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Carl23;5024424 said:
I agree. Nothing better than for your teammates to hear that you don't think they are any good.

Shut it, Dez.

I don't really think that the free safties on this team, Matt Johnson and Danny McCray, can take much offense to Dez saying he would like to see Ed Reed(the best free saftey of all time) on this team.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Lonestar94;5024350 said:
Whos first?

On the NFL Network someone said they would take Charles Woodson over Ed Reed at this point in their careers. He said Ed Reed has really dropped off, is this true?

Id say polamalu but he hasnt played that good the last 2 years so ed reed is actually probably first now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
From someone who actually saw Ed Reed play last season he's strictly playing on reputation at this point. He was not very good last year. Well for his standards. I know some will say "Well that's beter than what we have..." i'd rather go with a rookie or see what Matt Johnson has.

Ren

Reaction score
Carl23;5024424 said:

Shut it, Dez.

Don't really think this comes as a slap in the face to the D.2 rookie who spent all year on IR or Barry Church that someone on their team thinks the best safety of this generation is better then them

jjktkk

Reaction score
Ren;5024677 said:
Don't really think this comes as a slap in the face to the D.2 rookie who spent all year on IR or Barry Church that someone on their team thinks the best safety of this generation is better then them

Its true, but Dez should be thinking along the lines of a young leader on this team, meaning he should be trying to build up his teammates. Kinda like if your wife, or girlfriend asks you if shes gained any weight? Try being alittle politically correct. :cool: