Dez Bryant's 2016 Route Tree

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All in all, we seem to waste what Bryant can offer. Or if not, do we challenge him as a playmaker to step up and it might not be fair.

My main issues with Bryant is his maturity and how he deals with pressure. But I can't say that he has failed in a multitude of situations.

He does like five things. Most of his patterns involve the boundary.

It is like he is viewed as an accessory piece.

You do that for some player you sign on the cheap.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All in all, we seem to waste what Bryant can offer. Or if not, do we challenge him as a playmaker to step up and it might not be fair.

My main issues with Bryant is his maturity and how he deals with pressure. But I can't say that he has failed in a multitude of situations.

He does like five things. Most of his patterns involve the boundary.

It is like he is viewed as an accessory piece.

You do that for some player you sign on the cheap.

The Cowboys coaches seem to put a premium on WRs being in predictable locations based on the play call.

It is why they like TWilliams. Yes, he occasionally makes a bonehead move, but in general he runs routes such that he is where they expect him to be. Obviously, Witten and Beasley are great at this concept.

I think they limit Dez in order to get him to run the route correctly. I've even noticed that they seem to have a plan to get him ready for a big catch by throwing him a short easy throw within a few plays before they go to him on a more difficult catch. I've just noticed that since Linehan has been here.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
While his most success is on the Go and Curl, this list shows that O. M. G. he can run more than one or two routes. Remember, this was only a 13 game season for our #1.

Dez. Beast.
His catch rate is abysmal.