Dez catching grief again from Jamele Hill

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep.

And that's what today's ESPN is about.

Others get fired and they keep that around.

Shame on anybody still watching or listening to that ****.
:espn:

Im with you on everything but we only have so many sports outlets and ESPN is one of the main outlets so I still watch it from time to time. Not nearly as much as I used to.

Most of the ESPN stuff I watch is Cowboys related and i'll watch it on youtube.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I heard Dez had a great comeback on Twitter, but he blocked me. I got caught up in one of those multiple people chains of idiocy, and they kept responding with me included even though I wasn't in the discussion. I think Dez probably blocked all of us. LOL

I've never tweeted a single mean-spirited thing his direction. If you're on the board, Dez, I'm @ErodLives. Unblock me, kind sir!
He's a union member.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is such a great point, because ESPN has become to sports news what TMZ is to news in general.
In my opinion, ESPN overall quality programming standards began to drop a long time ago--as in decades ago. I think that some have seen the company's already average sports news reporting standards drop drastically in quality recently and see the decline as a new event. It is not new. It is old. TMZ is a good comparison in that it is another example of disseminating information to the general public for purely entertainment reasons over an equally lengthy period of time.

CWR

Reaction score
I was listening to this report on 105.3 this morning. As it happens, they were discussing it just before they had Mickey Spags from DC.com on. On the topic, Spags made a great point (paraphrasing): "As a spectator, you have to learn the difference between journalism and entertainment."

That is such a great point, because ESPN has become to sports news what TMZ is to news in general. It's not about getting the facts straight. It's not about reporting the news as it happened. It is purely for driving up ratings, getting people talking about it on social network to attract more viewership, and creating news were there is no news so they can simultaneously continue to attract sponsorship. Period.

So, you can boycott it all you want; like players kneeling during games, I honestly don't see it helping your cause at all. Stupid people are breeding faster than smart people. And as long as that remains true, the stupid people will accept entertainment as news and be attracted to it like bugs are to a bugzapper.

Today's world makes me sick to my stomach. I can only imagine what would happen if this country faced another great depression. All of these soft minded over sensitive weaklings would crumble and fall apart.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only thing good about ESPN is their restaurant in Anaheim called ESPN Zone. They make a mean $20 burger, expensive but well worth it! :laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im with you on everything but we only have so many sports outlets and ESPN is one of the main outlets so I still watch it from time to time. Not nearly as much as I used to.

Most of the ESPN stuff I watch is Cowboys related and i'll watch it on youtube.

I think that there are more than enough resources that nobody has to watch the dreck that they pass off as sports news.

I've said it for years, like other channels like MTV, the bean counters and suits got ahold of it and changed it From what it was crated to be. Like MTV stopped being about music, ESPN stopped being about sports.

And that's why I stopped watching both a long time ago.

You can get more and better news elsewhere, without the bull**** they add to everything.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion, ESPN overall quality programming standards began to drop a long time ago--as in decades ago. I think that some have seen the company's already average sports news reporting standards drop drastically in quality recently and see the decline as a new event. It is not new. It is old. TMZ is a good comparison in that it is another example of disseminating information to the general public for purely entertainment reasons over an equally lengthy period of time.

Terrell Owens doing crunches in his driveway changed everything. I saw it as it happened, right then, right there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

First, Dez makes a funny tweet in response to a pizza guy that he tipped $75. A Toronto web site picks up on it and runs a story.

That allowed Jamele Hill to get back on her damn high horse about Dez, who doesn't want to protest the anthem as she believes he should.

ESPN is no longer just a joke. They are a disgusting joke. Unless the Cowboys are on, I'll never turn on ESPN again. (Not that I barely do anymore anyway, but now it will be intentional on principle.)

And yes, that means college football, too. I'm not supporting that bastion of hypocrisy and political indoctrinating puke.

Good on you, Dez.

Yea, I rarely watch espn anymore unless it's broadcasting a game , breaking news , a highlite or their documentary which 30/30 is critically acclaimed .

And I don't even know who Jameile Hill is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrell Owens doing crunches in his driveway changed everything. I saw it as it happened, right then, right there.
That is a good example reflecting ESPN decline in standards but I do not agree that is what initiated it. I would suggest the company's decline began solidly in the early 90's.

jday

Reaction score
Today's world makes me sick to my stomach. I can only imagine what would happen if this country faced another great depression. All of these soft minded over sensitive weaklings would crumble and fall apart.
And it would be glorious! :thumbup:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bundled cable packages are why stations like ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, Comedy Central, Bravo, and a whole host of others are allowed to survive. Cut the cord!!!!
There are existing markets for each of those examples. Unbundling would allow some consumers to stop paying for certain programming options but other consumers would continue paying and new consumers would sign up as subscribers because there are people who prefer them. The end result would be reduced paid viewership for the networks, which would force them to adopt newer strategies for needed profitability. I doubt any of them would die off though.

Satchel89

Reaction score
ESPN is so lucky to have such an incredible talent. They will make sure to keep her happy so she won't get promoted up to TMZ.