Dez catching grief again from Jamele Hill

erod

Reaction score

First, Dez makes a funny tweet in response to a pizza guy that he tipped $75. A Toronto web site picks up on it and runs a story.

That allowed Jamele Hill to get back on her damn high horse about Dez, who doesn't want to protest the anthem as she believes he should.

ESPN is no longer just a joke. They are a disgusting joke. Unless the Cowboys are on, I'll never turn on ESPN again. (Not that I barely do anymore anyway, but now it will be intentional on principle.)

And yes, that means college football, too. I'm not supporting that bastion of hypocrisy and political indoctrinating puke.

Good on you, Dez.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wait. What?

Hill got on Dez because he said he would stand for the national anthem? And her new ire is over the fact Bryant made a joke about not visiting a pizza joint where one of the employees said she wasn't a Cowboys fan?

Reactions: CWR

jday

Reaction score

First, Dez makes a funny tweet in response to a pizza guy that he tipped $75. A Toronto web site picks up on it and runs a story.

That allowed Jamele Hill to get back on her damn high horse about Dez, who doesn't want to protest the anthem as she believes he should.

ESPN is no longer just a joke. They are a disgusting joke. Unless the Cowboys are on, I'll never turn on ESPN again. (Not that I barely do anymore anyway, but now it will be intentional on principle.)

And yes, that means college football, too. I'm not supporting that bastion of hypocrisy and political indoctrinating puke.

Good on you, Dez.

I was listening to this report on 105.3 this morning. As it happens, they were discussing it just before they had Mickey Spags from DC.com on. On the topic, Spags made a great point (paraphrasing): "As a spectator, you have to learn the difference between journalism and entertainment."

That is such a great point, because ESPN has become to sports news what TMZ is to news in general. It's not about getting the facts straight. It's not about reporting the news as it happened. It is purely for driving up ratings, getting people talking about it on social network to attract more viewership, and creating news were there is no news so they can simultaneously continue to attract sponsorship. Period.

So, you can boycott it all you want; like players kneeling during games, I honestly don't see it helping your cause at all. Stupid people are breeding faster than smart people. And as long as that remains true, the stupid people will accept entertainment as news and be attracted to it like bugs are to a bugzapper.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Used to listen to ESPN radio in the car but recently deleted it from my presets. When 3-4 times in a row I turned it on and they were talking about some social/racial aspect rather then actual sports was enough for me. I get enough of that in every other media outlet.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
so ridiculous.
I was listening to this report on 105.3 this morning. As it happens, they were discussing it just before they had Mickey Spags from DC.com on. On the topic, Spags made a great point (paraphrasing): "As a spectator, you have to learn the difference between journalism and entertainment."

That is such great point, because ESPN has become to sports news what TMZ is to news in general. It's not about getting the facts straight. It's not about reporting the news as it happened. It is purely for driving up ratings, getting people talking about it on social network to attract more viewership, and creating news were there is no news so they can simultaneously continue to attract sponsorship. Period.

So, you can boycott it all you want; like players kneeling during games, I honestly don't see it helping your cause at all. Stupid people are breeding faster than smart people. And as long as that remains true, the stupid people will accept entertainment as news and be attracted to it like bugs are to a bugzapper.
That might be the best thing I've heard in regards to this topic. Espn is exactly that, entertainment for the average fan.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Like, even if you want to make everything down to beepin' pizza jokes political, which is just terrible but whatever, Dez could like the idea of protesting [insert cause here] but just think kneeling during the anthem is a bad tactic.

Plus we have no idea what he's doing in his personal time to try to do good in the world. But yeah, by all means, take a pizza joke as a pretext to crap on him.

This whole thing is just garbage backwards and forwards.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good on you, Dez.

Welcome aboard the train!
:espn:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait. What?

Hill got on Dez because he said he would stand for the national anthem? And her new ire is over the fact Bryant made a joke about not visiting a pizza joint where one of the employees said she wasn't a Cowboys fan?

Yep.

And that's what today's ESPN is about.

Others get fired and they keep that around.

Shame on anybody still watching or listening to that ****.
:espn:

sean10mm

Reaction score
Hell, ESPN could make an overtly political sports show and I'm cool as long as they label it as such. COMMUNIST QUARTERBACKS ON ESPN 8 "THE OCHO" 2 AM EASTERN, 1 AM CENTRAL

But even if such a thing existed, this would be garbage.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Used to listen to ESPN radio in the car but recently deleted it from my presets. When 3-4 times in a row I turned it on and they were talking about some social/racial aspect rather then actual sports was enough for me. I get enough of that in every other media outlet.

:clap:

erod

Reaction score
I heard Dez had a great comeback on Twitter, but he blocked me. I got caught up in one of those multiple people chains of idiocy, and they kept responding with me included even though I wasn't in the discussion. I think Dez probably blocked all of us. LOL

I've never tweeted a single mean-spirited thing his direction. If you're on the board, Dez, I'm @ErodLives. Unblock me, kind sir!

John813

Reaction score
Does Hill harass every NFL player on Twitter or just dez?