News: Dez eviscerates Jason Garrett on Twitter

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound like the company moved on.
Why is it that Bryant is the only one entitled to feel hurt about his career in Dallas?

The organization paid him a lot of money. Jerry Jones personally covered for his immaturity for a long time. They took a lot of PR bullets for him over the years.

This is what happens with a nasty break-up.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Did you hear Stephen's comment or see the quote? I suspect not. Here it is:

In the interview, Jones suggested that Pro Bowl players like Bryant and Jason Witten can put pressure on a young quarterback.

“He’s got to trust the system, which at times last year, there was pressure … with Dez in his ear and to some degree Jason in his ear. Those great players want the ball,” Jones said.

I see absolutely nothing disrespectful towards Dez in the above. Quite the opposite - calling him a great player. Dez is obviously hurt, thin-skinned and overly sensitive. That's not saying he's a bad person, but he does need to move on for his own sake. The Cowboys aren't losing sleep over him so the only one losing in this is Dez.
I agree that Stephen didn't say anything wrong, but that isn't the quote that sirius/xm tweeted him. They cut out the reference to Jason and the part about great players wanting the ball. Then skipped to more quote about his expectations for Dak.

JustChip

Reaction score
I agree that Stephen didn't say anything wrong, but that isn't the quote that sirius/xm tweeted him. They cut out the reference to Jason and the part about great players wanting the ball. Then skipped to more quote about his expectations for Dak.
Then that's pure yellow-journalism. It's framing something to get the response you want. Frankly, it's reprehensible.

Alexander

Reaction score

I see absolutely nothing disrespectful towards Dez in the above. Quite the opposite - calling him a great player. Dez is obviously hurt, thin-skinned and overly sensitive.
Or you could also blame that darn evil media again for misrepresenting Jones' quote and victimizing poor ol' Dez.

Alexander

Reaction score
Then that's pure yellow-journalism. It's framing something to get the response you want. Frankly, it's reprehensible.
And that yellow journalism would never have been successful if Dez Bryant wasn't constantly looking at his mentions on Twitter, just as Jason Witten's article warned.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Can't really disagree with Dez when Garretts offense was so bad last year.

Dez is throwing a tantrum like a 10 year old who got grounded. Whether or not he occasionally trips over the truth while doing so makes it no less ridiculous. :rolleyes:

cej757

Reaction score
Dez had how many years to fix/improve his route running. Did he ever? I heard he finally and barely decided to work on his route running this past offseason. So what after 8 full seasons he finally decides to work on his route running? How are you or anyone going to defend that? That's totally lazy, cocky and inexcusable. Dez did this to himself. Throw in his poor attitude and disruptive rants, well, it's very easy to see why he's no longer here. Still, right on que, even after he is no longer a Cowboy, he goes on several Twitter rants calling many out. So glad the disruption is gone.

You wait until after Dez has multiple injuries and about to hit 30 without Romo at qb to say he's lazy and can't run routes? Were you saying this after 2014? I think the injuries have slowed him down and not having Romo played a huge role in his decline as well.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What? Hydration and Metabolic conditioning are absolutely linked. Get to your local library.

Just so we're clear, you are saying that Dez was dehydrated because he was out of shape? I've never heard of such a claim, although I don't claim to be an expert. Do you mind providing a link?

stiletto

Reaction score
Divorce.... it sucks.. Been through it. This in a way is no different, there is just one party that can't get over it. Thing is, he had a chance to but now I am thinking he has ruined all opportunities at another chance. That is what is sad. No matter who is at fault like in a divorce, there is a chance for both parties to move on and make their lives good. Dez is missing that opportunity and then some.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You wait until after Dez has multiple injuries and about to hit 30 without Romo at qb to say he's lazy and can't run routes? Were you saying this after 2014? I think the injuries have slowed him down and not having Romo played a huge role in his decline as well.
Dez has always limited himself to only 2 to 3 routes because of his unwillingness to improve on his route running.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
this is one story that will stay around for some time Stephen jones should of never made the comments he made I wonder in the future how free agents will respond about coming to dallas with how he handled this and other policies they have made recently dez was wrong to do what he did but jones was also wrong and he now shares some of the blame

Actually if you look at the full comment he said Dez and Witten are great players and basically they asked for the ball.

Nothing wrong with what he said, except the tweet that was put out wasn't his full statement.

JustChip

Reaction score
While what you say may be, hell, probably is, true, it doesn't change that releasing him was the right thing to do at this time. It happens to almost all great players at some point. Even happened to Dorsett and Emmitt and Peyton. Some are lucky enough to walk away on their terms.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I mix white meat and dark meat 50/50, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning. For every pound of white meat I add a tablespoon of olive oil. I'm not real big on whole wheat, but turkey burgers on a grilled whole wheat bun is pretty good.

Seems like a lot of effort to replace quality ingredients like red meat and natural beef fat with inferior ingredients just to make something look like it will taste like real food.

Is there a hamburger shortage where you are from? :)