News: Dez eviscerates Jason Garrett on Twitter

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Stephen said nothing wrong or disrespectful:

In the interview, Jones suggested that Pro Bowl players like Bryant and Jason Witten can put pressure on a young quarterback.

“He’s got to trust the system, which at times last year, there was pressure … with Dez in his ear and to some degree Jason in his ear. Those great players want the ball,” Jones said.

The quote went to another level after the fact, though, when SiriusXM tweeted that excerpt without mentioning Witten
SiriusXM altered the quote (I'm sure because they know Dez is volatile) to illicit a specific response which is completely unprofessional.

We already have enough drama going on, I have no clue why Stephen thought it was a good idea to even mention Jason and especially Dez.

Like father like son I guess, that just wasn't even needed or called for by Stephen.

If your the owner, you shouldn't be out there mentioning players who aren't even on the team. Maybe he's been drinking what Jerry has been drinking for like ever.

Proof

Reaction score
Most top receivers want the ball, and Jones acknowledges that. Michael Irvin demanded the ball, too, and was in Aikman's ear. The focus of Jones' comments was on Dak playing within the system.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that great players want the ball. That's a compliment to Dez and Witten. The key was Dak, as a young quarterback, can't let that pressure be a distraction.

If Jones had said something like Dez's poor route-running was the reason the passing game wasn't as good, that would have been a shot. This is a player and some fans being too sensitive when the team mentions a player that was cut. No one is jumping up and down saying that he's blaming Witten for Dak not playing as well as he did in 2016.

Except that’s he’s said that too, previously. (In so many words ). This is a player being sensitive to sensationalistic spin, that wasn’t double checked because it’s believable

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Dez is not happy that he’s being painted out as a “scapegoat” although Stephen Jones didn’t totally do that. Stephen did say it was tough for Dak in 2017 with Dez “in his ear,” but Dez wasn’t having any of it.

Dez outright accuses the Cowboys of “lining up in the same spot for 17 weeks” which isn’t his first shot at Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Dez accused the Cowboys offense of being predictable when the season ended, and it seems that his feelings haven’t changed.

Moreover, Dez essentially called Sean Lee a “snake.” We’ve heard him call out the “Garrett guys” before, Sean Lee is definitely someone who looks out for the sake of the team over anything else.

The Cleveland Browns may get Dez Bryant soon. Hopefully they don’t line up in the same spot for 17 weeks.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-calling-on-blast-and-called-sean-lee-a-snake

kevm3

Reaction score
People are going in on Dez, but even our own players can see the stinker in the room. The play calling sucks. Our own players say it, our former players say it, opposing defenses allude to it... but let's keep blaming the players for perpetual mediocrity when we've overturned the whole roster, replaced assistant coaches, replaced coordinators and so on.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Bryant got spooked from defensive players in close proximity how's he going to panic with our young defensive group?

My guess is Taylor and Mayfield will be the next blamed for "Not throwing Dez open."

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People are going in on Dez, but even our own players can see the stinker in the room. The play calling sucks. Our own players say it, our former players say it, opposing defenses allude to it... but let's keep blaming the players for perpetual mediocrity when we've overturned the whole roster, replaced assistant coaches, replaced coordinators and so on.
Regardless, Bryant is responsible for his own garbage effort and execution.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We already have enough drama going on, I have no clue why Stephen thought it was a good idea to even mention Jason and especially Dez.

Like father like son I guess, that just wasn't even needed or called for by Stephen.

If your the owner, you shouldn't be out there mentioning players who aren't even on the team. Maybe he's been drinking what Jerry has been drinking for like ever.
Take a cue from Belichick...... be boring

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryant should keep his mouth shut in order to land a job with another team but in all fairness, when did you ever hear a guy slam a player that has been released like McClay did? I don't care what his opinion is, the player is gone, take the high road and move on. The classlessness of the Dallas Cowboys organization has reached a new high. Damn this is a hard team to like.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez did everything he was asked.

All of the WRs were under coached including him and it didn’t sound like our team is fond of our players going outside the organization for coaching.
Yeah. He did everything except catch balls and learn how to run a route and not be a cancer.

Verdict

Reaction score

Yeah let's give that idiot Dez who can't find a job a pass. He's a hero. Why were the Cowboys thinking?

Verdict

Reaction score

Yeah he should have known it would "trigger" Dez the mental midget. What was he thinking. Everyone should walk on egg shells for Dez so not to hurt his feelings.

Verdict

Reaction score
We are talking about a guy who led the league in touchdowns from 2010 to 15. That's not fluke. That's talent. You can sit there and try to diminish it all you want but you can't because you will look ridiculous .

Yeah but what has he done for us LATELY? Zilch.

GMO415

Reaction score
Analysis on NFL Ch watched Dal first game of season and Dez lined up four different locations in the 1st quarter alone.

Dez is s s bitter lying brat .

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Yeah he should have known it would "trigger" Dez the mental midget. What was he thinking. Everyone should walk on egg shells for Dez so not to hurt his feelings.

Cool story. Now give me a list of owners who have called out players that they don't even employ anymore to the national media unprovoked.

I'll wait for that answer. I don't give a flip about Dez, owners don't do that.