News: Dez eviscerates Jason Garrett on Twitter

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,641 Messages
    5,466 Likes Received
    Dez is actually an indictment against the university system for allowing dumb student athletes an easy ride to a diploma.

Verdict and AmericasTeam81 like this.
  2. JustChip

JustChip Zone Supporter

2,778 Messages
    2,379 Likes Received
    As they do for every team. And have for eons. Playbooks don't change from one week to the next. Sure, there can be a wrinkle or two instilled to take advantage of the other team's tendencies, but there's not wholesale changes. If the offense is so totally predictable, how do they manage to move the ball at all, much less score?

MistyAnn likes this.
  3. AtlCPA

AtlCPA Well-Known Member

423 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    The Cowboys were 14th in offense last season, and scored 28 or more points in half of their games. Are you implying that the defenses knew what plays were being called and half of the teams still couldn’t stop them? Does that make sense to you?

JustChip likes this.
  4. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,775 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received

It's been an ongoing problem for Garretts offense. You have a QB who can extend plays, you have WRs who can outmuscle for the ball, and you have a clutch TE. But Being imaginative hasn't been a strong suit.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,775 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received

They had zeke and a quality Oline Even if you know what's coming it doesn't mean you can stop it. And it's not fool proof like they hit on 100%. More often than not the D know's what's coming.

6. AtlCPA

AtlCPA Well-Known Member

423 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    I actually felt bad that Dez hadn’t found another team yet, but after reading his latest tweets, I no longer do. He needs to grow and start using his mind instead of letting his emotions control him.

7. AtlCPA

AtlCPA Well-Known Member

423 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    After our left tackle went down, the quality of the OL was below average. You also still need to be creative in the running and passing game to be ranked better than 32nd in the league. NFL players and coaches are smarter and more talented than you think.

8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

18,124 Messages
    16,916 Likes Received
    Don't worry
    Linehan and Marinelli are pegged to be the next fall guys this off season
    Then Garrett with 're-set' with a new coaching staff and 'obviously :rolleyes:' will need a couple of years for the players to learn the new systems

Rinse and repeat

9. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,775 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received

And some are better than others. You could choose not to believe it, but what Dez said has been said before. Garretts offense has been predictable over the years! Doesn't matter if it's him or Linehan calling the plays. And after injuries they fell apart? Not exactly a glowing endorsement for the coaches skills when it comes to game day management and mixing things up.

10. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

12,255 Messages
    40,417 Likes Received
    Back at it, Dez can't seem to ignore twitter.

LocimusPrime, Verdict and AtlCPA like this.
  11. AtlCPA

AtlCPA Well-Known Member

423 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    I don’t put much stock in what TO or Dez has to say.

12. JustChip

JustChip Zone Supporter

2,778 Messages
    2,379 Likes Received
    I don't disagree with that.

13. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,775 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received

You don't have to, you're still talking about 2 coaches who never actually did anything. Linehan or Garrett. Not exactly the coaching elite. The team falls apart every year! Scheme and play calling are a big reason for that.

14. JustChip

JustChip Zone Supporter

2,778 Messages
    2,379 Likes Received
    Yep. I'm neither a Dez apologist or a Dez hater. I thought that it was time for him and the Cowboys to part ways, to the benefit of both. But this latest Twitter tirade, throwing former teammates under the bus, just wreaks of T.O. I never wanted T. O. here simply because of what he did on the Star at Texas Stadium.

15. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

4,427 Messages
    8,422 Likes Received
    Dude is turning out to be more of a head case than I originally thought.

Screw The Hall and ShortRound131 like this.
  16. AtlCPA

AtlCPA Well-Known Member

423 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    How do you then explain the 13-3 season and 5th ranked offense in 2016?

17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

15,199 Messages
    8,935 Likes Received
    Dez only eviscerated his future.

Screw The Hall and AtlCPA like this.
  18. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

14,223 Messages
    22,467 Likes Received
    Sadly it’s looking that way. Sometimes it seems Dallas and Jerry are able to mask some guys immaturity.

Sarek likes this.
  19. JustChip

JustChip Zone Supporter

2,778 Messages
    2,379 Likes Received
    Yep. Will Rogers said the key to stock investing is, if it's going to go up, buy it, if it's not, don't buy it. In the context of football, the correct play is the one that works. If it doesn't work, don't call it. But second guessing is a rampant addiction amongst fans. If you run on 3rd and 2 and pick up the 1st, great, that's what your supposed to do. But if you run on 3rd and 2 and don't pick it up, that average fan complains that it's too predictable.

20. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

12,448 Messages
    17,847 Likes Received
    Other players have critized Garrett and the playcalling. Dez says the same thing and he's a liarface apparently.