Dez: Get ready to take the blame Dak

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point was that Mahomes elevates those players; I don’t think you rank them that high if Dak was their QB.

I don’t think we’re saying completely opposite things here.

Either you think Dak has earned Mahomes type money and he’s the same caliber player or you agree with me and you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing
All I'm saying is every team needs other good players to win and that a great QB alone cannot make up for all things. A few QB's, like Mahomes, can overcome more team deficiencies than others, but nobody wins without the help of quality players at other positions.

The money is not what I was talking about, so don't try and use that to discredit what I'm saying. I said from the beginning Mahomes was the better player, I just disputed the argument that some QB's need help and some don't. All need help.

But if talking about money, the difficulty is in that simply who is better isn't the only factor. Pay isn't a ranking system where every year the salaries of all QB's are re-aligned according to how someone wants to rank them. The market changes constantly, and often who gets paid more is as much about who is signing under current market conditions, and who is under a contract signed when market conditions were different.

Personally I'm hesitant to pay Dak under current market conditions, but it's not because I think it's somehow unfair based on my personal QB ranking, but because it can hurt the salary cap structure of the team.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah but you act like no one can mention him at all. The fact you never time I say his name is wild.
Nah BS. You only and I mean only mention him as a counter to the current qb. Take that disingenuous stuff elsewhere. The fact you do it sooo often should let you know you obsessed but keep trying to spin. It’s not working.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Money was actually my entire point of comparing the two players since they’re being put in the same salary box.

You said it yourself, Mahomes can overcome more “deficiencies” than Dak.

By deficiencies we’re talking about help.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah BS. You only and I mean only mention him as a counter to the current qb. Take that disingenuous stuff elsewhere. The fact you do it sooo often should let you know you obsessed but keep trying to spin. It’s not working.
I’m not disingenuous. If I have to sit through posters like you discrediting Aikman and say he was carried you can sit through me saying Romo lol.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m not disingenuous. If I have to sit through posters like you discrediting Aikman and say he was carried you can sit through me saying Romo lol.
More lies smdh. When have I ever said that about Aikman. You’re suffering from Dak groupie syndrome at this point. Making up anything to be right. Get it together.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
More lies smdh. When have I ever said that about Aikman. You’re suffering from Dak groupie syndrome at this point. Making up anything to be right. Get it together.
Maybe you didn’t say it. I just saw in a thread just because Aikman said Dak was good everyone turns on Aikman and said he was carried.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Maybe you didn’t say it. I just saw in a thread just because Aikman said Dak was good everyone turns on Aikman and said he was carried.
I’m almost certain I didn’t even post in that thread so how could I have said it? If anything I’d still say Aikman was saying exactly what most people in his position would say. I’m not expecting him to trash him so his pov publicly is eh to me because even if he thought he was junk I doubt he’d say it.