Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
No, because this is the business side of football and Bryant is using the leverage that he has to get the best deal he can. If he somehow gets the tag in 2016 rescinded or a better one year deal then he has done the right thing.

As a fan, I hate it because I think this team does not sniff the playoffs without him, but it is his right to do it.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Actually, my take away from all of this is how I feel like the Franchise tag is really unfair.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dez is NOT going to hold out, there is no advantage to it, after today, the league rule is you can't negotiate a deal until after the season so holding out would accomplish NOTHING, it's guaranteed game checks he would NEVER get back so I'm not buying into all the noise coming from Dez and his agent....

spook930

Reaction score
Not at all. You can't blame him... If he was to play on the franchise deal and get hurt badly then what? The Cowboys really wouldn't pay him. The guy has taken on all the stipulations and played on that rookie deal all the way through and did not ask for a raise until it was time. I do see the Cowboys side too if he's asking for too much but they should have been taken care of this. Players bring some much rev to these teams and cities they should be taken care of. Teams and owners shouldn't hold all the cards the way that they do.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Nope, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. He has a number he wants and Dallas has a number they want, so they just has to work it out.

Jenky

Reaction score
Dez is NOT going to hold out, there is no advantage to it, after today, the league rule is you can't negotiate a deal until after the season so holding out would accomplish NOTHING, it's guaranteed game checks he would NEVER get back so I'm not buying into all the noise coming from Dez and his agent....

There a few:

1) They can agree to a 1 year deal for X amount that includes a no franchise tag clause next year.

2) He can stay true to his word, hold out 10 games play the last 6, and if Dallas tries to franchise tag him again next year, they have a few choices to make cause he obviously wouldn't be bluffing again.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
There a few:

1) They can agree to a 1 year deal for X amount that includes a no franchise tag clause next year.

2) He can stay true to his word, hold out 10 games play the last 6, and if Dallas tries to franchise tag him again next year, they have a few choices to make cause he obviously wouldn't be bluffing again.

After 3 pl CST today, there's nothing that can be agreed too, He either plays for the 12.8, doesn't play which means NO MONEY or signs a long term deal......Dez holding out 10 games accomplishes what, that's 10 game checks he never gets back so he's not going to hold out,,and he'd only get paid for the 6 games he played....

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes, because a holdout couldn't benefit him. It would be done solely to hurt the team.

You are 100 percent wrong. Holding out will be using his leverage to get a one year deal with a clause saying he cant be re tagged next season. And get paid for the games he missed. He can benefit him more then us.

phildadon86

Reaction score
After 3 pl CST today, there's nothing that can be agreed too, He either plays for the 12.8, doesn't play which means NO MONEY or signs a long term deal......Dez holding out 10 games accomplishes what, that's 10 game checks he never gets back so he's not going to hold out,,and he'd only get paid for the 6 games he played....

see above post

Sydla

Reaction score
No. I blame Jerry and Stephen for turning this into a circus. This should have been done weeks ago.

So Jerry and Stephen should have given in to Bryant's demands to be paid more than Calvin Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.