Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
How does limelight effect the salary cap, the QB making less than the WR does....limelight lol

lol ....... you have no idea what he is asking for ........ is Tony gonna make 15,000, and 21,000 in the next 2 years ....... Dez will not beat that no matter what ....... so your silly scenario makes no sense.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well maybe we need to start thinking how he looks at it, and not just our enjoyment.

His view is a consideration, but Im willing to bet almost every Cowboy fan thinks him getting $12.8 million isnt like he's being cheated.

If Dez never plays another down for Dallas Im still a fan and will root for the team. Its all about the team. And its a business because of the fans. W/o us the owners & players dont make squat.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terence Williams Era begins.

Now all his fans will get to see him action, in life without Dez.

rWrxyDC.png
Bryant is an irreplaceable receiver but football is football. Football's not a sport where fear is an asset for coaches, players or even fans when you think about it. Win or lose, you face your opponent with whoever you can throw out on the field.

Rogah

Reaction score
You all get to caught up in this emotionally.

It's a business. Let him do what's best for him, and the cowboys do what's best for them.
I agree with this. The Cowboys should do what is best for the Cowboys, which I believe they are indeed doing.

Dez's problem is that Dez holding out (into the season) is not what's best for Dez. I have faith that his counsel realizes this.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Again, Dez has every right to fight for what he believes he's worth. I don't know the details of the contract that he was offered, so i can't really comment on that. I'm going to say this again, don't put yourself in the equation. Don't kid yourselves, people. This more than just football here.

Dez?? Is that you?? Man you are riding his jock hard bud...

He is a pro football player...he could do whatever he wants to get maximum money... But whatever he chooses to do comes with consequences .. Including fan opinions... Negative and otherwise.. You pounding your Dez Bryant war drums is just that ... It doesn't mean others should get some epiphany and agree with your or Dez thought process at all ..bottom line is one player is not greater than a team.. So if he chooses to take this road it will come with many bumps .. Which could include fans turning on him... Merchandise sales, other opportunities and marketing choices possibly getting limited ...yes it is his business decision that he is personally making this making it personal ... I truly hope the boys and Dez reach an agreement in the 11th hour ,,, but based on his public pouting and the Jones stance .. It doesn't look good .... Will I Personally lose respect for Dez as a Dallas Cowboy if he follows through on his threat ? YES.. As that's MY choice
Will I think less of him as a person .. No because I don't know him and don't think much of him now.. He is a great football player on a TEAM that I am a fan of ..his antics are jeopardizing what could possibly be a good season for my TEAM, so that makes him an idiot
But you go ahead and bang that drum and tell us other fans that we should stop expressing our opinion about Dez choices ...

Jerryrage

Reaction score
If this rolls over to the season. I will not support Jerry Jones. Dez is worth every penny. Pay the man.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Bryant is an irreplaceable receiver but football is football. Football's not a sport where fear is an asset for coaches, players or even fans when you think about it. Win or lose, you face your opponent with whoever you can throw out on the field.

Well if our Lead WR is T-Will. Game Over.

Wood

Reaction score

lets see how long that last at 800k per game loss for him. Again the franchise tag was created so that good/great players didn't need to hold out due to being woefully underpaid (a la Emmitt Smith). Dez is trying to circumvent a rule that was created for people like him so they could still be a top paid player for their position while they still negotiated.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I agree with this. The Cowboys should do what is best for the Cowboys, which I believe they are indeed doing.

Dez's problem is that Dez holding out (into the season) is not what's best for Dez. I have faith that his counsel realizes this.

I just think both parties need to do what is best for both. Whatever that might be.

If it means losing Dez, and Rolling out with Bums at WR. So be it. It's not like we haven't sucked before.

Me personally I don't care. I hope Dez signs, but won't faze me 1 bit. Still a die Hard fan of the Boys, but them being good or trash, I went numb a while ago. Won't get all emotional.

I just want football to start.

erod

Reaction score
Who's being the most stubborn?

Stephen? Condon? ROC Nation? Dez?

How far are they apart?

Denver and Thomas are WAY far apart.

Rogah

Reaction score
Who's being the most stubborn?

Stephen? Condon? ROC Nation? Dez?

How far are they apart?

Denver and Thomas are WAY far apart.
It's a very strange, high stakes game of chicken with 4 interested parties: Dez, Demaryius, Dallas, Denver.

Dez & Dallas are negotiating and Demaryius & Denver are negotiating, but they are all certainly watching each other very closely. Heck even the NFLPA got involved with their accusations of collusion.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
@MySportsUpdate: Broncos have offered DeMariyus Thomas a deal which pays him $12M annually.

Things are going to pick up within next day for both of these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.