Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
People call Dez immature ......... do these same people think that the Jones's behavior last off-season with the strippers, and the party bus ....... was not more immature and frankly more embarrassing than anything Dez has done in years.

I will never turn down a good reason to bash the Joneses, but even I think you are reaching a bit here.

Rich old men can embarrass themselves because they can.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is out of control. he has started to believe all his press clipping about how great he is for not paying Murray or Dez. Murray is already gone. now he has Dez pissed. this is just flatout stupid. this team was so close. now they may be starting over yet again. just pitiful.

Not paying? Dallas has made good offers to pay Dez. And Murray, too. They both wanted more. The Cowboys didn't ask these guys to play for free or for a ridiculously low rate.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I will never turn down a good reason to bash the Joneses, but even I think you are reaching a bit here.

They represent the organization as much, if not more than Dez

Alexander

Reaction score
They represent the organization as much, if not more than Dez

I think that is a point every "Jerry hater" has been trying to make on this board for years and folks like yourself decided to "troll slay".

Just odd to see this revision in your outlook.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Yessir.
Check-writers don't need to act the same as the check-receivers unless their actions stop the checks.
Check-receivers need to make sure they keep receiving checks and check writers need to keep being able to write their checks.

I think one party is more secure than the other. No matter what happens moving forward.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is true...but since we are talking about Dez Bryant how many people here are really worried that Dez will turn into any of those guys?

Dez has been a stud WR his whole life and have been a man among boys at every level and in every season.
He is a freak who deserves enough respect to not be compared to any of those players.

I don't think Dez will be one of those guys at all. I was just adding to your point about poor drafting.

Dez will play hard, it is the staying out of trouble part that has DAL worried imo.

The last thing they want is to guarantee 40m and then have an embarrassing arrest happen.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I think that is a point every "Jerry hater" has been trying to make on this board for years and folks like yourself decided to "troll slay".

Just odd to see this revision in your outlook.

Revision? ....... you must not have been paying attention since drunken Jerry ran his mouth on camera a few years ago.

Frozen700

Reaction score
If Dez actually sits out, he drops way down on my list. In some ways I wouldnt care if he never wore the STAR again if he's that stupid.

If he's just blowing smoke and posturing trying to get the deal done, well, Ill still think he's an idiot but if he plays he'll be a lovable idiot.

You all get to caught up in this emotionally.

It's a business. Let him do what's best for him, and the cowboys do what's best for them.

I'm sorry unless a player constantly does dumb **** on the football field or gets caught on video saying dumb **** like Joe Randle. I won't get all caught up and want to ban them.

Especially not over his pockets.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
You all get to caught up in this emotionally.

It's a business. Let him do what's best for him, and the cowboys do what's best for them.

I'm sorry unless a player constantly does dumb **** on the football field or gets caught on video saying dumb **** like Joe Randle. I won't get all caught up and want to ban them.

Especially not over his pockets.

Its not business for us fans. Its about OUR team. No player is above the team and if Dez sits out games he's hurting OUR team.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Not paying? Dallas has made good offers to pay Dez. And Murray, too. They both wanted more. The Cowboys didn't ask these guys to play for free or for a ridiculously low rate.

Murray really didn't get that much more, either, in the grand scheme of things.

Alexander

Reaction score
Revision? ....... you must not have been paying attention since drunken Jerry ran his mouth on camera a few years ago.

Years? Yes, he has been doing that for a while.

I guess I just never paid enough attention to your posts on the subject.

Alexander

Reaction score
Its not business for us fans. Its about OUR team. No player is above the team and if Dez sits out games he's hurting OUR team.

It is a business and you have to look at both sides.

I am sure Bryant has seen the Joneses hand out bad contracts like candy in previous years.

I just hate it is getting this way.

It is like seeing Mom and Dad having an argument.

It makes me want to hide in the closet until it is all over.

endersdragon

Reaction score
FIrst off, if this thing goes longer than this season, Dez will be testing the open market next year. It would become too much of a problem and Dallas would have moved on. Secondly, if you think a team would only pay him 3 million dollars for one year, you're being delusional.

No a team might be willing to pay him say $16 million a year if he hasn't played in 2 years... $3 million more than he is going to make now, probably with little guaranteed as he has already shown he won't necessarily play for his contract. Beyond that we can franchise him next year too, and if he doesn't play under it, it won't cost us a dime to do so so it would be 2017 at the soonest before he hits the open market.

Frozen700

Reaction score

Well maybe we need to start thinking how he looks at it, and not just our enjoyment.

It's all good and dandy to make us happy, but if he suffers a career ending injury in a blink of an eye, almost like JPP(A career changing injury in this case) then what?

It's all about the fans though right. What we want.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Just sign the franchise, buy an insurance contract for your health and play for your 12 mil and your 13 mill the following if you have to. I like Dez and know he has played for a song the last few years but sometimes you don't get what you want and you have to make the best of it, not the worst..

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

That's it right there. I want Dez to get his money. He deserves it. But if he sits out games then he is hurting the team. And that's all it is. I like Dez. I enjoy rooting for him but I'll be a Cowboy fan long after Dez leaves. I hope it all gets settled fast. Nobody wins if it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.