Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
someone close to Dez needs to make him understand that sitting out over a difference of a few million a year is stupid. Apparently the boys are offering around 14.5 per year and Dez wants 18. He needs to get some perspective on things. That 3.5 million a year is NOT the most important thing in the world. Getting a signed contract guaranteeing him 40+ is what is important.

18? Where did you hear that? That is just silly on his part.

And if they are offering 14.5 and he doesn't sign, this is entirely HIS fault, and he'll get destroyed publicly if he holds out, even training camp. That's if the guaranteed is 35+ million of course.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Neither has any guaranteed money left.

Dez would be under contract for 12.8m guaranteed the moment he signs the tag, something he will do this year. Just get it over with and quit crying. Only a few fans are falling for the 'woe is me' routine.

Whether they have any guaranteed money left has nothing to do with the Dez deal. Lee signed what he thought he was worth and TFred signed for what he could under the current rules. If Dez feels he's worth more than 13 million, he's clearly not comparable to at least Lee who signed for what he thought he was worth

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Allen Iverson is not broke, yes he blew through a ton of money, but someone in his camp was looking out for him, he has a trust fund that is set up that has 32 million(its a reebok trust fund) for some reason everyone always thinks the dude is broke and it gives him 1 million per year, also when he turns 45 he gets an NBA pension for 8k per month. I would love to be considered broke and I get paid 1 mill a year still and soon be making 8 k a month to do nothing in pension. and where do you get that pippen is broke, forbes has his networth at 50 million dollars currently. If having a 30 million trust fund is the new broke, then sign me up!

God bless America!

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Yup. If we sign Dez to a dumb contract, we lose the ability to make fun of the Eagles having 3 high priced vets as RBs. It makes just about as much sense. If Dez can't see what we're building, and is just thinking about maximizing the amount of money he can get, then screw him. It won't be that hard to replace him.

Is not going to be as easy as you think to replace TD leader in his position over 5 years. Someone brought up CJ but Dez puts up more TDs than in an offense where they run more than they ever did in Detroit. Also they have never force fed him the ball like they have CJ. Wideouts arent the end all be all, but this team is muuuuuch better with Dez. He,Witten, and Tony have been the most productive player on the team since hes been here.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Whether they have any guaranteed money left has nothing to do with the Dez deal. Lee signed what he thought he was worth and TFred signed for what he could under the current rules. If Dez feels he's worth more than 13 million, he's clearly not comparable to at least Lee who signed for what he thought he was worth

So you are saying if TFred and SLee get hurt, too bad, forget them. They signed the best deals they could under the circumstance and the rules.

Well that is what DAL is saying to Dez. The franchise tag is one of the rules that keeps you from UFA. If you won't give a hometown discount then we are playing 'just business' as well. It's not their job to worry if you have made enough money for life if you get hurt.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I thinks there also be a drama queen aspect to Dez. He want big monies and want to enter the stadium to applause of grateful fans for retuning to them.
Most here will half to work 15 year to make a million. do the math Dez. you catch a ball. You dont save lives or nothing. I feel like cap-slapping youse.

erod

Reaction score
Think about this....

Dez isn't the type of guy that wants to move far from home, learn a new playbook, play with a different QB, adjust to another coach and coordinator, be in a different situation, etc.....

The Cowboys know this. He'll get over it if he's franchised.

He needs to wake up and take the offer if the numbers floating around are true.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I agree, this certainly is not in his best interest, but I just think it's dumb for others to say he should play for 13 mil and be happy. Ten years after his career is over, Jerry will still be a billionaire and the vast majority of fans will not care about him, especially if he isn't part of a SB winner. Get it while you can Dez and if you feel this helps (which I don't) then do what you must, because he'll have to live with this decision, none of us.

Yea you're right. He can't live on 13 Mil. I'd be sad too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I hope this gets worked out because we ain't going to the SB without both Murray and Dez

Just not happening

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So you are saying if TFred and SLee get hurt, too bad, forget them. They signed the best deals they could under the circumstance and the rules.

No, I'm saying the two aren't comparable. Dez currently is a free agent. Now obviously he is not free to sign with anyone, but he is currently not a member of the dallas cowboys, Lee and Frederick are. If thy feel the need to holdout for a better deal, that is on them, but it would be a hold out and thus they will get fined. Dez is not in that situation.

Well that is what DAL is saying to Dez. The franchise tag is one of the rules that keeps you from UFA. If you won't give a hometown discount then we are playing 'just business' as well. It's not their job to worry if you have made enough money for life if you get hurt.

I agree, Dallas is doing what they believe is best for them and Dez is doing what he believes is best for him.

erod

Reaction score
Funny how Dez is the only player being talked about nationally, while Thomas and Houston are barely getting mentioned.

erod

Reaction score
Romo got Laurent Robinson paid. Same for Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd and Cole Beasley. Terrance Williams isn't far away.

They owe Romo everything.

As good as he is, Dez has greatly benefitted, too, from this QB.

He doesn't want to leave and go learn a new playbook (yikes), a new coach, a new city, a new coordinator, and least of all, a new QB.

Stephen knows this. And we shouldn't be that concerned because one way or another, Dez will be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.