Dez interest from multiple teams has Try out

kskboys

Reaction score
I see it's now universally acceptable for immature men to hit their mothers with their caps. Then a forgiving mother drops the chargers so that makes it alright. Where I was raised it's NEVER OK to hit your mother with anything or even threaten her, least of all by immature men who think they are entitled.
Even Crack courtesan mothers?

The Natural

Reaction score
I see it's now universally acceptable for immature men to hit their mothers with their caps. Then a forgiving mother drops the chargers so that makes it alright. Where I was raised it's NEVER OK to hit your mother with anything or even threaten her, least of all by immature men who think they are entitled.
The takes that nobody asked for. The gift that keeps on giving

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who wants to be my 2nd favorite team as long as they have Dez?

Sign him please!

Football is better with Dez Bryant in it and regardless of what the haters say he is young enough to still have something left and wasn’t nearly as “washed up” as Dez haters would have you believe.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Jones played very well for a rook and seems to have a high upside. Not sure why you'd say that about Jones.

Jones was in the Minshew, Trubisky, Kyle Allen, Andy Dalton grouping of performances last season.

Not sure why you'd say he played well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The current offense is fine. This team needed a new HC and attention paid to defense and special teams. Those were the cause of last years downfall.

I don't disagree about defense and special teams, but I'd like the offense to be better than "fine".

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t know if he can still play or not, but the Ravens are built for Dez.
Never a good route runner but a guy who is good on broken plays, scrambles, and going for the ball, he fits Jackson perfectly. Jackson looks at his read, and if #1, maybe #2 isn’t open, he takes off. Dez is a perfect compliment as a big target, easy to find on the move (see Romo).....if he can still play.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets look at a few things. First the only probable source for all this rumor is Bryant himself pumping himself up saying he's in such great shape. Next there have been players that visited teams for workouts all the time that also leave without any contract. Going for a workout IS NOT an automatic signing. Next just how many players who play what is considered a skilled position get signed that hasn't played in TWO years? Now after that workout the ravens will completely forget that the last two seasons Bryant did play he was one drop away from leading the league in drops and his last season he did lead the league in drops. They will also completely forget that Bryant was a problem in the locker room and sidelines. Now has it even occurred to you that like in 2018 Bryant is getting this workout just to see where he is so if during the season they have a rash of injuries to receivers like the saints they know who they may call in that desperate condition?

It's amazing that you still have the nerve to show your face around here.
:laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
Jones was in the Minshew, Trubisky, Kyle Allen, Andy Dalton grouping of performances last season.

Not sure why you'd say he played well.

Because he did. For a rook. Needs to cut down on TO's. And handle the pass rush better.

You should learn to separate rooks out from other players. The evaluation process is different.

cern

Reaction score
interest is quantifiable. there are varying degrees of interest. i hope he does get signed by someone, just so it's not the cowboys. but he better not argue with lamar jackson if he doesn't get the ball as often as he feels he should.

kskboys

Reaction score
interest is quantifiable. there are varying degrees of interest. i hope he does get signed by someone, just so it's not the cowboys. but he better not argue with lamar jackson if he doesn't get the ball as often as he feels he should.
And Lamaar doesn't throw to WR's all that much.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Because he did. For a rook. Needs to cut down on TO's. And handle the pass rush better.

You should learn to separate rooks out from other players. The evaluation process is different.

I'll give you that he played as a rookie, played "very well".... nah.

It's all relevative though, I guess.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You're probably right, but I hoped the Cowboys would at least take a look. But it seems that McCarthy wants as much of a break from the past as he can, and I'll go along with what he decides on this one.

Big Mike doesn’t decide player personnel issues.

That’s Stephen and WillM.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big Mike doesn’t decide player personnel issues.

That’s Stephen and WillM.

I'd say he has considerable input, as do his assistants.

Aldon Smith? Jim Tomsula guy that McCarthy talked with in California prior to his signing. Not a Stephen or Jerry guy.

Everson Griffen? A George Edwards Vikings guy that McCarthy had to game plan for. Not a Jerry or Stephen guy.

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Who wants to be my 2nd favorite team as long as they have Dez?

Sign him please!

Football is better with Dez Bryant in it and regardless of what the haters say he is young enough to still have something left and wasn’t nearly as “washed up” as Dez haters would have you believe.
not a dez fan myself but he wasn't our problem. if he can land somewhere and have a few good years to play and make money, good for him.