Dez not cleared for practice, I'm concerned

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why would I do that? The world isn't spinning right if you aren't disagreeing with me about something.

If you would change your views when I disagree with you, you would never have to worry about eating crow. lol You need to follow my line of thinking more often.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you would change your views when I disagree with you, you would never have to worry about eating crow. lol You need to follow my line of thinking more often.

NO I DON"T!.... there we go, the earth is spinning just fine again. :)

btw, I know it's not easy keeping me in check but someone has to do it. much appreciated.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm taken flack for that opinion, How do you get away with it? :D

I've had that stance for a while now for a few reasons.

1) He's an idiot. Like perennial All Pro level idiot. I do not trust him in times of adversity.

2) The injuries. He plays a very physical style and it just doesn't bode well for the future.

3) His skill set. Dez Bryant doesn't separate. He's not much of a route runner and if you scan back to #1 on this list you'll understand why he hasn't addressed this over the years. He relies completely on his athletic ability to accumulate contested catches. IMO, he's peerless in this regard. Chuck it up and he'll go get it. The problem is he won't always be able to rely on this. As his skills decline the technical aspect of the game will become more critical. I don't envision Bryant ever being a productive secondary option towards the end of his career. Nor do I think he'd be content in that role. When he loses his ability to just out athlete you in the air he'll lose his usefulness for an NFL team.

I realize I'm praising Hatfield in McCoyville here but that's my opinion on it.

Now somebody ask me if we should get rid of Jason Witten. I live on the edge.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
4 months is enough time to heal and be cleared just to practice. We aren't talking about playing a game. It's just practice and he can't do it. Yes, I'm calling it BS.

Each individual is different and the way each patient is treated after a given procedure is different. Again, curious how you come to these conclusions.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Those of you that can't stand opinions that differ from yours are a crazy bunch.
There you go again spewing your opinions off as facts. Deny it all you want, but thats what you're doing. Each patient is different... what takes 6 weeks to heal for you, may take 12 weeks for me. There is no general timetable for everyone. Scratch that, you dont even have to be in the medical field to know that.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There you go again spewing your opinions off as facts. Deny it all you want, but thats what you're doing. Each patient is different... what takes 6 weeks to heal for you, may take 12 weeks for me. There is no general timetable for everyone, believe me I'm in the medical field.

:facepalm: I'm going to watch my Spurs game. I don't have time for your nonsense.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Sure it will. :rolleyes: He's had time to heal enough to be cleared to practice. Something is wrong, do you not realize the operation was 4 months ago? Another couple months he will be a couple of months behind. It just snowballs from there.

What is the standard time frame for recovery and return to full practice from a surgery of that exact type? If you know, please post the source and a link so we can read it. I am just not alarmed yet. But I respect the fact you may be.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.facebook.com/DezBryant88/videos/1081544675249745/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDCMaYzt5D-/?taken-by=dezbryant

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDzHZGzN5Ef/?taken-by=dezbryant
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif

Last edited:

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Aren't we all.

Baseball is damn boring until playoffs.

NBA... so so...

I need some fricking football!

Tell me about it. I feel the same way...and I love baseball, but the season is long...too long.

kazzd58

Reaction score
Yeah, four whole months removed from surgery, four months. He still can't get cleared for practice? That's not a good thing. Your non concerned attitude is disturbing.

hold on let me think..........na na nope still not concern cause theres plenty of time, Julio Jones had the same injury did he look like he's having any issues after the fact last season setting records? ummmmmmm no, and we don't need Dez out there anyway in May cough( Sean Lee) he had no business coming back in the first place last season which delayed his healing process so yes in may I have no concern right now..... None

so u can be as disturbed as you want to about me i don't operate off everybody else do it don't mean I'm suppose to be and I won't be until i feel its an issue i really really need to be concerned about ..

So yea from my perspective and the way i see the situation he'll be fine just a year older

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
4 months since his surgery and he still can't get cleared to practice... what part of that "legit defense" do you not understand?

Somewhere around this point even Gimmes' shtick became almost as new and refreshing as Farmers Branch Holiday eggnog ... in July.

Last edited: