Dez Signs with Saints

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People act like Dez is some monster who was never good for anything.

After what I heard from Witten the other night on TV i'm sure behind the scenes he let the coaches know what they are doing schematically is trash.

He didn't have the gameday camera guy panning over to him like Dez did and speculating on what he was saying.

Make no mistake.. Dez & Witten both were all about the Cowboys. Witten was just a little better at controlling his emotions.

InTheZone

Reaction score
All good points. We've seen on our own team issues when he didn't get targets. Now he's not the number one option, so it's reasonable to assume that potential will resurface.
I'm not saying Bryant will never accept a role playing position with limited opportunities. I just wouldn't bet on it.
I think what some of you people ignore is that Dez never was about the amount of targets, but the opportunities that were wasted. Need to clear the mind of clouded judgement on Dez.

InTheZone

Reaction score
They must have no cap space at all because his contract isn't big.

All along he said it wasn't about the money but opportunity and he has a QB, a coach, a contender, and a team that cares.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think what some of you people ignore is that Dez never was about the amount of targets, but the opportunities that were wasted. Need to clear the mind of clouded judgement on Dez.
Yeah, no. He clearly complained about not getting the ball.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The saints will beat us no doubt. But I thought they hired Dez and not Dez from an alternate universe that you describe.
You are then foolish thinking it will simply be the old, Dez from this lame cowboys team, being used mostly to run interference on deep routes, no, you are sadly mistaken if you don't think Dez, coming BACK to the star isn't coming with a chip on his shoulder, to out and out make a point and or statement... I at least am smart enough to realize just why he signed with the saints, other then they are a top notch, well coached very probable SB contender this season. His other reason this late in the game, well, they took him up on a try out, plus they will be coming to Dallas to play his old team... think it's just a coincident he went there...ROFL

birdwells1

Reaction score
This is what kills me. He and a couple other folks said “who cares in the first few pages.”

38 pages later they are glued to Dez like groupies.
You know what I just thought about, these haters are not mad because Dez signed, they're mad that he signed with the Saints. If this had been with the Browns or Ravens with a rookie or mediocre quarterback they would be so salty.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
You know what I just thought about, these haters are not mad because Dez signed, they're mad that he signed with the Saints. If this had been with the Browns or Ravens with a rookie or mediocre quarterback they would be so salty.

Exactly!

They’d be popping bottles, all smiles and hallmark cards.

But because he signed with arguably the best Team in football, they’re all salty as hell

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You are then foolish thinking it will simply be the old, Dez from this lame cowboys team, being used mostly to run interference on deep routes, no, you are sadly mistaken if you don't think Dez, coming BACK to the star isn't coming with a chip on his shoulder, to out and out make a point and or statement... I at least am smart enough to realize just why he signed with the saints, other then they are a top notch, well coached very probable SB contender this season. His other reason this late in the game, well, they took him up on a try out, plus they will be coming to Dallas to play his old team... think it's just a coincident he went there...ROFL

Well the Saints were the bets team he probably could sign with minus the patriots. If anyone could teach Dez how to run routes better it would be that coaching staff. But on the other hand this isn't the 2014 Dez. He isn't a #1 anymore. The time frame is a bit tight too. And well the cowboys were probably going to get blown out anyway by the saints, so it remains to be seen how much Dez will be a factor, and if they will feed him just to feed his ego.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Well the Saints were the bets team he probably could sign with minus the patriots. If anyone could teach Dez how to run routes better it would be that coaching staff. But on the other hand this isn't the 2014 Dez. He isn't a #1 anymore. The time frame is a bit tight too. And well the cowboys were probably going to get blown out anyway by the saints, so it remains to be seen how much Dez will be a factor, and if they will feed him just to feed his ego.
They just put Cam Meredith on the IR so there will be more targets for Dez by default

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
All this outpouring of pent up hero worship for Bryant really makes me wish Romo had played someplace else. I can only imagine the calamity.
giphy.gif

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Nah it’s the fact he was used as a scapegoat is what most of us can’t stand.

The morons convinced themselves Dez was the problem when the problem was their golden boy coach and QB who can’t scheme or throw.

Then have a big parade for Witten as he leaves and send Dez out into the parking lot like he’s Quincy Carter.

I hope he destroys the Cowboys. He deserves it and so do they.
WideFoolhardyKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif